Page 47 of 290 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 7247

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Yup! Likely a V. When its time to retire the Volvo and I don't need AWD, hopefully I'll have the cash to pick up a used 6MT CTS-V wagon. Pretty much one of my top picks ever. I can't wait to terrify the children on their way to school. My kids' friends' parents won't EVER allow them to carpool with us after they see me hooning in the parking lot during soccer practice. Win-win.
    this, if only awd. the 3.6 awd has some pep, fun to drive and can pick up a cherry under 20k

found it, the perfect wagon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sureroo.jpeg 
Views:	173 
Size:	185.9 KB 
ID:	221482

Hopefully Jacky-O comes with it.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post

based on the pinto wagon it looks?

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Yup! Likely a V. When its time to retire the Volvo and I don't need AWD, hopefully I'll have the cash to pick up a used 6MT CTS-V wagon. Pretty much one of my top picks ever. I can't wait to terrify the children on their way to school. My kids' friends' parents won't EVER allow them to carpool with us after they see me hooning in the parking lot during soccer practice. Win-win.
    A V is on BAT: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...illac-cts-v-8/

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    based on the pinto wagon it looks?
    Pinto hearse, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Woh. Talk about low miles! Thing is hardly broken in! Bid's rapidly approaching MSRP. Seller's gonna do alright on this one. I'm thinking a 50-100K specimen might be more my budget. Haha. Hopefully I can score another CPO like I did my last V!!! Bought mine with only 20-something K on the clock and the warranty was absurdly good. Dealer kept that thing pristine for 5 years. "Oh, we noticed your headlight assemblies were getting a bit faded so we went ahead and replaced those for you." "We noticed your V badges and Cadillac emblems weren't looking shiny and new any more, so we went ahead and replaced them all." That was awesome.

Smashed a deer like a bowling pin last night and zero damage.

Subie power!

If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Ha! A friend did that long time ago with a mulie. Her subie was undriveable. She put the deer down with her lug wrench while wait for help.

We picked up a black 2017 Alltrack SE with a 6MT to replace our ailing Outback this fall. Got a great deal and the package we wanted. 4500mi so far and it's been money. It hasn't really stayed clean this winter, so no good pics. I'll get a glam shot up when it's tinted and sexy. This was a snap from the Blizzack+Konig install day in December. Not sure why it looks so stubby/Tiguan-ish in this photo:

Name:	IMG_0414.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	221815

We've slowly been adding to it and I'm excited to see how it looks with a tint.

Snows: Found some Blizzaks with 1000mi of use locally for $300
    Alloys for Snows: Amazon had three Konig Oversteer 16" for $33/ea shipped and a fourth for $99 shipped. Some very nice rims that ended up cheaper than steelies. - https://konigwheels.com/wheels/main-...els/oversteer/
    Hitch: went with a 2" bolt-on for rear bike tray: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hit...leid=201760921
    Rear Rack: Rockymounts Split Rail - easy mid-day bike access for the wifey: https://rockymounts.com/collections/...orm-hitch-rack
    Roof Rack: right now we're just using old Thule Square bars and ski racks on top. Planning to get some AeroBlade's to clean up the look.
    Others: Thinking of doing the deAutoLED light kit for the trunk space, OEM mud flaps and potentially a full-length Muddy-Buddy liner for the trunk and back of the seats.
    Last edited by Dr. Scientist; 01-21-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Do those alltracks have quattro from the passat or the electronic bs from the jetta

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    Do those alltracks have quattro from the passat or the electronic bs from the jetta
    Go on vwvortex.com forums and ask. They can give detailed answer. Mechanical differentials are obsolete from what I know.

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    Alltrack uses the "electronic bs" Haldex-based system. It's served me fine on snowy drives, much like my previous three Outback's Symmetrical
    Last edited by Dr. Scientist; 01-21-2018 at 08:37 AM.

Yup 5th gen. Haldex is BS.

Said every VW 4motion driver.

Update on my MT Alltrack...9,000 miles, really liking it. Near Revelstoke during a storm, I had to veer on to shoulder to not get slammed by Toyota truck sliding toward me. About a foot of semi consolidated snow. Hasty shoveling near tires, put it in gear, pulled out no problem. Starting to see more in Tahoe, predictably enough.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post

Ranchero with different sheetmetal.

How would you rate the VW Alltrack compared to the Outback in the comfort department?

Wagon Stoke

Outback is physically bigger in almost every way, if that matters to your comfort

That said, I like VW fit/finish

We drove an Outback before getting my wife an Alltrack. I’ll give the Suby credit for capability and size but it’s terribly slow and just plain boring. Gutless 4 banger and a CVT? Snoooooooze.

We’ve got 3k on my wife’s Alltrack and its a perfect 4 season, fun to drive family car. With snow tires I don’t hesitate to take it up and down the steepest roads in the middle of snow storms.

I just wish VW could combine the power train and plaid interior of my GTI and with the AWD wagon body. All track GTI. Are you listening VW?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Outback is physically bigger in almost every way, if that matters to your comfort

That said, I like VW fit/finish
    Not really, because the seats suck. IMO. Lumbar hits too low on the back. Head rests are weird. The bucket is way to short under the thigh. Seats are also too firm. This is the fabric not leather.

I’m feeling that the VW being Euro not Japanese would probably mean the seats are a bit larger and more comfy.

I guess I was referring to space or clearances, not so much seat geometry

I’m a big guy so I tend to assume the seat itself isn’t necessarily going to fit me, but head room, elbow room & leg room are all pretty critical

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    We drove an Outback before getting my wife an Alltrack. I’ll give the Suby credit for capability and size but it’s terribly slow and just plain boring. Gutless 4 banger and a CVT? Snoooooooze.

We’ve got 3k on my wife’s Alltrack and its a perfect 4 season, fun to drive family car. With snow tires I don’t hesitate to take it up and down the steepest roads in the middle of snow storms.

I just wish VW could combine the power train and plaid interior of my GTI and with the AWD wagon body. All track GTI. Are you listening VW?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    VW makes a lot of cool shit. US just doesn’t get those models. I want the Golf Estate R, so I guess I gotta move.

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 2.11.52 PM.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	531.0 KB 
ID:	222036
    Last edited by plugboots; 01-23-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Sorta wagon related: https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...van/312386002/

1.5 diesel Ford Transit Connect, 30+ mpg and 2,000 lb payload.