Page 921 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 ... LastLast
Results 23,001 to 23,025 of 26889
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    $200k mark down after one month. Great location too. SF price dropping fast

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...ource=txtshare
    Not quite San Fran, but 1.50 hours to the Wood is a bonus and $250 sq ft is a fuckin steal in my simple mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

$250/ft seems to be pretty damn good most places. What's wrong with that house?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    $250/ft seems to be pretty damn good most places. What's wrong with that house?
    It gets Arizona hot there.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Not quite San Fran, but 1.50 hours to the Wood is a bonus and $250 sq ft is a fuckin steal in my simple mind.
    Fresno pricing but in a much better location. Still have to deal with ridiculous CA taxes though.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    It gets Arizona hot there.
    It does. Sun angle not quite as intense though.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Still have to deal with ridiculous CA taxes though.
    The thing is CA taxes are not burdensome once you have owed a home there forever thanks to prop 13. My property taxes are .0013 X value for the year. You're never going to get that in CO or likely any other state. Disregarding that, per the below chart the total tax burden is really no big deal in my mind:
    https://wallethub.com/edu/states-wit...x-burden/20494

Name:  Screenshot 2022-10-20 151000.png
Views: 685
Size:  90.3 KB
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Is there a Calc on that chart? Cali income tax varies obviously into double digits. Sales tax high single digits.

Taxes in California are high. Don’t mean to be controversial but they are.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Is there a Calc on that chart? Cali income tax varies obviously into double digits. Sales tax high single digits.

Taxes in California are high. Don’t mean to be controversial but they are.
    California taxes are about average for people of average income/wealth. It’s the high taxes on high earners where it stands apart.

https://itep.org/whopays-map/

Real Estate Crash thread

Sales going to plumb the 08 lows next year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EPBResear...86205437411328

Here that just means the wealthy will buy an expensive property, and also the one next to it for privacy. And I'm not joking.

No idea how accurate this is but Global Real Estate Bubble Risks: https://www.ubs.com/global/en/wealth...ble-index.html

As far as I am aware, almost every developed country in the world except the US has adjustable rate mortgages as default and fixed rate mortgages (in the way that Americans use that term) are exceptionally rare outside the US.

Canada, UK, Australia, eurozone countries, etc are all adjustable rate mortgages that will adjust to new monthly payment amounts as central bakes raise rates.

Worth noting that what Canada calls a fixed rate mortgage is not a fixed rate mortgage by US definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Worth noting that what Canada calls a fixed rate mortgage is not a fixed rate mortgage by US definitions.
    5 year terms and then you refinance. So yeah, unlike your 30 year slogs but still fixed for a good portion.

A big problem here is the qualifying criteria for a mortgage is essentially a very large, very mobile goalpost.

Real Estate Crash thread

Good news. STR hosts switching to LTR. Too late and too greedy:

Airbnb hosts say bookings ‘fell off a cliff’ amid influx of new vacation rentals and rising prices
    'We went from 80% [occupancy] to zero,' one host says in a common refrain among property owners who say they saw a sudden decline in the summer months
    Read in MarketWatch: https://apple.news/AdrYD7GfHS-O23tniF6j7fQ

^^Excellent news.

As far as I am aware, almost every developed country in the world except the US has adjustable rate mortgages as default and fixed rate mortgages (in the way that Americans use that term) are exceptionally rare outside the US.

Canada, UK, Australia, eurozone countries, etc are all adjustable rate mortgages that will adjust to new monthly payment amounts as central bakes raise rates.

You can get a fixed rate but the % charged is higher depending on how long of a fixed rate you choose and the payments are amortised over 25 years or whatever you chose, my last mortgage was amortised over 30 yrs so I didnt have to get a job while waiting for mom to die

Variable rate mortgages have been very popular cuz they were cheaper when rates are low but now you thro in rising rates/ inflation/ yada/ yada some people may now might have mortgage payments they can't afford when they have to remortgage

but nobody could have foreseen this
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-21-2022 at 09:30 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I was reading the Guardian and the article was shitting its pants over Aussie real estate, due to the exposure to adjustable rate mortgages.

I guess rates over 6% will kill business? Who knew?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-28 115655.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	566.2 KB 
ID:	431556

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    We are seeing STR being advertised as "medium term" and some as long term in the MLS now. Bozeman only so far. I have clients with STR properties in Big Sky and wondering if they are already seeing decrease in their advanced bookings yet.

I sure hope so, as price increases this year of 50% in Mammoth from last year are dumb and annoying.

Stay in a hotel. Fuck STR.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Good news. STR hosts switching to LTR. Too late and too greedy:

Airbnb hosts say bookings ‘fell off a cliff’ amid influx of new vacation rentals and rising prices
    'We went from 80% [occupancy] to zero,' one host says in a common refrain among property owners who say they saw a sudden decline in the summer months
    Read in MarketWatch: https://apple.news/AdrYD7GfHS-O23tniF6j7fQ
    Huh.

I had the most rentals I've ever had this summer.

Ski season bookings coming in strong too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Huh.

Same here.

Crazy how expensive it is to go on vacation to other ski towns now, glad we have options here because we might not get to take a trip elsewhere this season.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Huh.

Like weather vs climate

Also, all real estate is local isn't just a cliche