Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

2021 Maggot Bike Racing Thread

We've got a lot of racers in all forms here. Where/what are you guys planning to race this year?

Tentative schedule for me:

May 2nd - BME Ironton, MO ....... yes, enduro racing in MO.
    and/or
    May 29 + 30 BME Santa Fe

June 11-13 NAEC Silver Mtn

July 24 + 25 BME Big Sky

Sept 18 + 19 BME Finals Brian Head

October? California Enduro Series Ashland OR (such a rad place....gotta go back)

Haven't heard a peep out of Montana Enduro Series. Hope they come back in 2021.

MES will have four races in 2021. Dates are confirmed for three. Just waiting on the last venue to confirm.

Waiting to see what the NW Cup looks like for ‘21 and what USAC decides to do about the national series. I won’t be racing until the end of July/ August, due to work... That is if anything happens racing wise.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    MES will have four races in 2021. Dates are confirmed for three. Just waiting on the last venue to confirm.
    Think we will know dates soonish?

April: Possibly the Prescott Whiskey Off-Road 30 miler
    August: Pierre's Hole 100k
    September: Dakota Five-0 50-miler
    Depending on training, might try to throw a 100-miler in there somewhere.

Not trying to win anything

I'm putting together a couple of underground off road races.

It's going to be a really hard year for any event to plan with the uncertainty of vacs etc.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Think we will know dates soonish?
    Labor Day for one you won’t want to miss. Season finale on September 18th. All I can say at this point.

Yes, hopefully an announcement in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I'm putting together a couple of underground off road races.
    Nice, we've got a couple of those races in Socal. I've got a bunch of routes in my head that would make for good races as well. Always thought it would be cool to have a series here like the Arizona endurance series. Maybe we could have a Norcal and Socal series! Let me know when these go down, if I can make it up your way I'd join up.

Not that I'm competitive but those are the sort of races I like to do. I'll try to make it to Sedona and Prescott for their AES races this year. If it goes ahead in 2021 there is one on the Navajo Nation (with permission) that would be cool to check out.

Aside from that I'd like to do the Colorado Trail Race this year. Maybe a couple others like Stagecoach 400, Bighorn Trail Race, Olympic 420 or Kenai 250. Bikepacking races are very addictive!

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Labor Day for one you won’t want to miss. Season finale on September 18th. All I can say at this point.

Yes, hopefully an announcement in the next few weeks.
    Right on. Thanks.

I registered for BME Santa Fe and Big Sky. There was no expert class anymore.......hmmmm. Guess there will be a lot of sandbagging in AM this year?

early may 2 day bike touring trip in cypress hills

mid may 4 day trip to North Dakota for riding MDH 100 as a casual 4 day car camping trip

Mid June a 100 mile gravel ride with a buddy for "fun" / training

Early Aug Pierre's hole, 100 mile, on SS

Late Aug lost trail bike fest. hoping for 3 laps (70-80 miles) on full suspension bike

End of Sept MHD150 as a 1 day with a buddy. Not sure on SS vs gears yet

I registered for BME Santa Fe and Big Sky. There was no expert class anymore.......hmmmm. Guess there will be a lot of sandbagging in AM this year?
    They must have had some issues with the reg site early this AM.

Now I am in for Ironton, Santa Fe, and Big Sky in Expert Class.

Never raced before, but I'm thinking of dipping my toe in the enduro scene this spring and heading to Big Cedar, OK for the last race on the Southern Enduro Tour (the O'Rock Enduro). Looks like a super cool scene, rowdy trails, and I like the idea of big days of racing pretty early-on.

Anyone ever raced there?

I'm signed up for the Highland Trail 550 and the Atlas Mountain Race, fingers crossed they both run this year. I may try to do a couple of shorter bikepacking races too.

I probably should be doing long races. My VO2 max and lactate threshold testing last week pointed to endurance. I probably really shouldn't be an enduro racer. But it's too fun. Someday I want to do some long races though.

Hoping to do some Cal Enduro Series events and other stuff here and nearby, most likely:

China Peak
    Ashland
    Shasta (?) doubtful.

Maybe others if they get scheduled.

Hopefully Fears, Tears, and Beers in Ely, NV too. http://elynevada.net/fears-tears-and-beers/

I'm slow as hell, but races are super fun, and a great way to focus improvement too. I don't "train," but it encourages me to ride more!
    sproing!

Getting close. BME Santa Fe cancelled/moved to Durango. Still haven't registered for NAEC. Kinda gotta go. Biggest enduro basically in North America. Start list is crazy deep.

BME Ironton May 2nd
    NAEC Silver June 11-13th ?
    MES Big Sky July 10th
    BME Big Sky July 24-25
    BME Durango August 28-29
    MES Helenduro September 18th
    CES Ashland October?

I’ve never raced but would really like to get into the enduro scene (I still hate that word) this season or next. Kind of locked into events in MT, WY, ID, UT, and maybe CO due to work schedule. Doesn’t need to be any special class or anything. If I was able to sign up for anything this year it’d really just be to test the waters to hit it hard next year.

I’ve got some training to do for sure as I haven’t aggressively ridden for a full season in idk, almost 10 years. I’ll have to do some more research on events in the area but would be super stoked to meet up with some mags at a race.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I’ve never raced but would really like to get into the enduro scene (I still hate that word) this season or next. Kind of locked into events in MT, WY, ID, UT, and maybe CO due to work schedule. Doesn’t need to be any special class or anything. If I was able to sign up for anything this year it’d really just be to test the waters to hit it hard next year.

I’ve got some training to do for sure as I haven’t aggressively ridden for a full season in idk, almost 10 years. I’ll have to do some more research on events in the area but would be super stoked to meet up with some mags at a race.

A really good first race would be the Helena stop of the Montana Enduro Series. Race in the amateur cat and you will have a blast.

TN National going down tomorrow. Started raining this afternoon. Gonna be a good show.
    They also built a bunch of new trails at the park in near stealth over the last couple months and are breaking some out for the enduro on Sunday. Rode some of them last weekend. So good. Classic Windrock goodness. Pure DH.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I’ve never raced but would really like to get into the enduro scene (I still hate that word)
    is it worse than Super-D? bc to me that seems worse
    skid luxury

Getting close. BME Santa Fe cancelled/moved to Durango. Still haven't registered for NAEC. Kinda gotta go. Biggest enduro basically in North America. Start list is crazy deep.

BME Ironton May 2nd
    NAEC Silver June 11-13th ?
    MES Big Sky July 10th
    BME Big Sky July 24-25
    BME Durango August 28-29
    MES Helenduro September 18th
    CES Ashland October?
    That's a bummer about Santa Fe. That's such a fun race. So stoked for the BME at Brian Head. I've always thought a proper race series like BME could put on an amazing race there.

Charlie Harrison FTMFW

However many are in a shit ton.

I think I’d like to get into just some local weekly races but not too sure how covid will affect it all as they were cancelled last year. I’ve been zwifting for a couple of months so might as well see if I can put this to good use. I’m also concerned if I start racing I’ll fuck up my bike and parts and put myself out for the season.... but I’d like to try

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Soooo looking forward to lining up this year after the forced Covid break last year. Rough calendar for me:

May - Quilcene Gravel Unravel Hoh-ly roller long course
    June - NW Epic Series Echo Valley 60 ss
    June - Quilcene Gravel Unravel Bon Jon Pedal Bender long
    Aug - NW Epic Series Cap Forest 50 ss
    Sept-Dec - CROSS ss

I see a few people heading Pierre's Hole. such a great race/course!!!! Mtn Lion - think about what gear you should ride for that, and then add a tooth in the back haha. Not sure what your home base altitude is, but as a sea-level flatlander I paid dearly. As a guy whose race strategy is to go nuclear on the first hill, I was excited by the 3k climb right from the tape. Then got completely destroyed by the altitude.