Page 270 of 435 FirstFirst ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    and its also HUGE.. I want a smaller, lightweight, and tough optic which is why I'm leaning trijicon.

Fixed are tougher and let in more light. I want an optic for 3 gun, so quick acquisition from varying ranges, close to medium. Need longer eye relief and want to be able to use it with both eyes open. I'd go with an Aimpoint or similar but I don't like the red dot reticle, covers the target and is much harder for precise shots at 200+ yards. The guys running 4x fixed usually have a red dot on top for CQB type ranges and I'd rather not have two optics..
    Your best option, since you sound focused on transition speed, is 4x and learning to roll the gun, imo. At least with my eyes, the 1.5 is going to be more of a compromise at 200+ yards. Either the 1.5 or the 4x will require a lot of repetition to deal with their respective issues on transitions, I can certainly see the appeal of staying with the 1.5 and keeping it simpler.

jgb@etree Guest
    and its also HUGE.. I want a smaller, lightweight, and tough optic which is why I'm leaning trijicon.

Fixed are tougher and let in more light. I want an optic for 3 gun, so quick acquisition from varying ranges, close to medium. Need longer eye relief and want to be able to use it with both eyes open. I'd go with an Aimpoint or similar but I don't like the red dot reticle, covers the target and is much harder for precise shots at 200+ yards. The guys running 4x fixed usually have a red dot on top for CQB type ranges and I'd rather not have two optics..
    It is pretty damn big, and it ain't light, but the reason I recommended it was specifically because you mentioned 3-gun usage. That's my 3gun carbine that the boy is shooting. I ran a TA33 on it for a couple of years before I started being able to get Vortex super cheap via 3.5/expertcity. I bought the pst 1-3 for another rifle and realized it was perfect for my 3gun setup. After switching and adjusting I found that I was able to acquire & engage targets much more quickly. YMMV

That said, it sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on what you want. Good luck & happy shooting! If you end up finding something from Vortex that you like & aren't in a huge hurry to get it, drop me a PM and I'll try to hook you up.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Aww, are you being bullied? Says the NY douche who always travels to leftist state of VT to ski.
    Settle down old boy. Maybe if you can stop shaking and get your shit together you'd be able to figure out that I'm not a NYer.

Thanks JGB, I appreciate the offer. I considered a strike eagle 1-6x.. but again, its over 1 lb. (Plus the Primary Arms version is almost $100 less and gets you that awesome ACSS reticle)

Running a 7-8lb AR gives you a lot more options. At 12lbs (empty), I'm looking to save ounces anywhere I can with my M1A but I'm committed to it.
    GOSP, the 1.5 ACOG hits 50-200 yards at the top of the chevron, 300 at the bottom of it, and has two dots for 400 and 500, along with super simple ranging tools. Theres youtube vids of guys ringing steel over and over again at 500.

GOSP, the 1.5 ACOG hits 50-200 yards at the top of the chevron, 300 at the bottom of it, and has two dots for 400 and 500, along with super simple ranging tools. Theres youtube vids of guys ringing steel over and over again at 500.
    Like I said, I can see wanting to keep things simple. But, it's kind of like skiing bumps on race skis. Guys can ring steel with iron sights going out surprisingly far, too, but many choose to use a 4x and roll specifically because it work better at those ranges. But sounds like you're set with what you want and it will work well for you.

You'll shoot your eye out.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Gotta save a few ounces of weight for __________?

Gotta get the drop on Bad Bart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Trying not to turn my already heavy rifle into a boat anchor. Not just a "few" ounces, I'm talking about an optic that is almost 1/4 the weight of most variable scopes

thanks, pa!

A parent attending a high school volleyball tournament at Gladstone High School on Saturday left his gun in a bathroom, and it was later seized by police, the school district said this week.
    A visiting team's coach found the handgun on top of a toilet paper dispenser in a bathroom near the gym, picked it up, took it out of the school and called police, Gladstone School District Superintendent Bob Stewart said in an email to parents. The coach later told the tournament director about the discovery.
    No one was injured. Stewart said the district is grateful for the coach's "quick and appropriate action to protect students."
    A parent later told a building supervisor that he'd left his gun in a bathroom stall and forgot to pick it up, the statement said. He had a concealed weapons permit.

Man I wish the "new" gun thread had 1/1000th as much traction as this one People just like the PR better

Anyhow, anybody have any experience with trijicon's low magnification optics? I want a "combat optic" for my new M1A and not a big fan of red dots (prefer a chevron). Their 1.5x16 fixed looks fucking sweet, has gotten good reviews, and you can get it with the ACSS reticle (chevron + "doughnut of death" for CQB + BDC out to 500 yds + 3 different ranging estimators. simple & uncluttered)

If I don't go that route, ($900 without a mount) I'm thinking Primary Arms fixed 2.5x "combat" scope, also with that ACSS reticle. <$200 including mount but the PA weighs 16oz to 5 for the ACOG and my M1A is already a heavy rifle. trying to keep weight down as much as possible
    No experience with the Trijicon stuff, but have you considered an EOTech and a flip magnifier? They'll be right in the same weight range, and you can get bullet drop reticles, though no chevrons. I'm unimpressed with the reticle sharpness on my EXPS-3 (and it's not my eyes), but it works pretty well.

LPVs are nice, too, but expensive to buy in the 16 oz range, and a mount is another 6 or 7 oz.

Thats good advice, looking into that option.. The EOtech and magnifier are ~22 oz though, and over $1k (https://www.opticsplanet.com/eotech-...magnifier.html) so its not really saving anything in either department although I like the increase in functionality. Theres some other dot/magnifier packages that are less weight and cheaper though; Vortex combo is 18 oz, under $500, SIG Romeo/Juliet is $500 and they claim 5 oz??

Hmmmm

Obsess much? Or is that part of the allure?

Thats good advice, looking into that option.. The EOtech and magnifier are ~22 oz though, and over $1k (https://www.opticsplanet.com/eotech-...magnifier.html) so its not really saving anything in either department although I like the increase in functionality. Theres some other dot/magnifier packages that are less weight and cheaper though; Vortex combo is 18 oz, under $500, SIG Romeo/Juliet is $500 and they claim 5 oz??

Hmmmm
    Have you considered going for another rifle as a first option?

An AR may end up working more easily with whatever you go with.

Yeah I could just put a nice 2-10x and a bipod on it, accept that its a long distance rifle, and use my Norinco for 3 gun. That rifle is light as fuck and has an awesome trigger, but the irons on it are meh and it doesn't have a side rail to mount an optic.
    so.. got any recommendations on AK scope mount solutions??? Have a gunsmith put a rail where the flip up rear iron is? Use some crappy mount like this https://www.amazon.com/B-Square-MAK-...dp/B0013CDEWU? Something else??
    As you can see that opens up some more problems. Plus I'd have to buy two optics then & having a hard enough time deciding on one

You can take some weight out by going to something like an Aimpoint micro, but you end up with just the red dot. The Aimpoints have a much crisper reticle in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post

virtue signalling

Had an ACOG TA-11 that was a nice unit. Not as big and bulky as the military version. They make them from 1.5 up to 4 power I think.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Hahahahaha!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Gun death is funny

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Gun death is funny
    Apparently for you it is.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Gun death is funny
    The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. - Mark Twain
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Can anybody ID this round? Found like 10 of these at the range. Somebodys shooting a BIG gun. Next to a 308 for comparison
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DE00577B-6569-400A-8591-2EDE702D4694.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	557.8 KB 
ID:	235433
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	257F4783-637A-4870-9641-889D5AF4E8B6.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	473.0 KB 
ID:	235434

Tech Talk?

GUNS!!!!!!!!

Winchester .50 cal BMG round maybe
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”