Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    I think they agreed to pay a little under a half million, which obviously doesn't cover much. That was the money to get the CA AG off their back. And their stance is that if the lawsuit against them is successful and they have to present their plan to the county again, that money goes away. Not sure what improvements they can actually do that would make a difference, besides drilling a tunnel to Auburn. I would be in favor of that.
    I think there was some additional money specifically for mass transit in the original proposal, but the amount was equally trivial. The AG money goes into the clean air fund--whatever that does.

Those KSL klowns....opened Summit chair over at Alpine!

Seems like they're trying harder on ops this season. Whether or not last season's continuous bitch-fest worked or not, good on em.

I know this had been reported happening over the past few seasons at Squaw since KSL took over, but apparently Alterra (the KSL/Aspen joint venture) has banned/blacklisted some season pass holders at Winter Park this season for complaining on social media about operations, voiding and refunding their pass for this season and not allowing them to purchase a season pass for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by thepowderhound View Post
    I know this had been reported happening over the past few seasons at Squaw since KSL took over, but apparently Alterra (the KSL/Aspen joint venture) has banned/blacklisted some season pass holders at Winter Park this season for complaining on social media about operations, voiding and refunding their pass for this season and not allowing them to purchase a season pass for next season.
    I don't know if this is true, but if it is I hope some clients lawyer up and sue Alterra for voilating the first amendment. This sounds highly illegal, although I am not a lawyer.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    I don't know if this is true, but if it is I hope some clients lawyer up and sue Alterra for voilating the first amendment. This sounds highly illegal, although I am not a lawyer.

The First Amendment applies to government, not to private businesses. I don't know if WP is on public land (SVAM is partly) and whether they can ban access to said public land for expressing an opinion, no matter how offensive. Maybe it depends on the terms of their permit. I'm sure it would be very expensive to pursue a case and I am sure the ACLU or public interest law firms have better cases to pursue if one were looking for free legal services.

BTW--how reliable is your information--is there a publicly available source-- and what was the nature of the posts on social media--any threats of violence or property destruction?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    BTW--how reliable is your information--is there a publicly available source-- and what was the nature of the posts on social media--any threats of violence or property destruction?
    I know one of the banned people who told me about others. I guess he was complaining about closures, lift ops, on-mountain operations and planned improvements. Not sure about the what the others said.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The First Amendment applies to government, not to private businesses. I don't know if WP is on public land (SVAM is partly) and whether they can ban access to said public land for expressing an opinion, no matter how offensive. Maybe it depends on the terms of their permit. I'm sure it would be very expensive to pursue a case and I am sure the ACLU or public interest law firms have better cases to pursue if one were looking for free legal services.

From what I remember WP is owned by the city of Denver but operated by Altera (or previously intrawest, powder, whoever). Not that I’m truly aware of that would change 1st amendment rights to the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

As I said I am not a lawyer but if businesses can't refuse service based on race, gender, religion etc. I can't believe that they could refuse service based on you expressing your opinion online.

If there is a legal case, a good idea would be to file the case and then go to the media. I would imagine they would settle out of court real quick to avoid the bad publicity

You are definitely not a lawyer. Any business can tell you to stfu&gtfo anytime they want.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    You are definitely not a lawyer. Any business can tell you to stfu&gtfo anytime they want.
    Maybe. But if they say GTFO and stfu because I am black or Muslim they have problem don't they?

Nobody remembers the huge blow-up about pulling passes for FB comments from last year?? Damn, and I thought I was a stoner! haha

http://unofficialalpine.com/?p=12334

Maybe. But if they say GTFO and stfu because I am black or Muslim they have problem don't they?
    Yep, Civil Rights Act. Private businesses are prohibited by federal law from discriminating on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, and disability. Doesn't say anything about freedom of speech.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Nobody remembers the huge blow-up about pulling passes for FB comments from last year?? Damn, and I thought I was a stoner! haha

http://unofficialalpine.com/?p=12334

Yep, Civil Rights Act. Private businesses are prohibited by federal law from discriminating on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, and disability. Doesn't say anything about freedom of speech.
    Lol, so what's all this Facebook is discriminating against conservatives that Republicans have their panties in a bunch? Completely legal?

Lol, so what's all this Facebook is discriminating against conservatives that Republicans have their panties in a bunch? Completely legal?
    Modern day Republicans = not fucking rational. Move along.

pm Danno
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by thepowderhound View Post
    I know one of the banned people who told me about others. I guess he was complaining about closures, lift ops, on-mountain operations and planned improvements. Not sure about the what the others said.
    Thanks.
    The pass pulling definitely stifled public, non-anonymous complaining around here. It only took a couple. Shut down Unofficial Alpine for example. (BTW--what's unofficial about Unofficial Squaw?)

I wonder what the legal implications would be if the banned person spoke up at a meeting of say a planning commission or board of supervisors considering a project rather than on social media. Seems like that person might have a case?

What we do know is that KSL, and now Alterra, is extremely image conscious and doesn't take well to public criticism. All the more reason to keep it up, just anonymously.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred Baron View Post
    From what I remember WP is owned by the city of Denver but operated by Altera (or previously intrawest, powder, whoever).
    Burton v. Wilmington Parking Authority seems on point here, particularly since Denver previously operated the resort. That would make Alterra a state actor and bound by 1st amendment protections (as well as the 14th which was the issue in Burton). I'm just a dentist though.

From what I've seen, most USFS lease agreements give the operator a certain level of discretion regarding access. It's fairly clear they aren't acting as an arm of the government but as a private entity that happens to be leasing the land. During their operational period, they're pretty much allowed to limit access to their infrastructure as they see fit. So first amendment arguments don't really apply IMO. Lame, but very likely 100% legal.

Yeah I was talking specifically about the Denver/WP situation, where the city owns the resort and contracts with a private company to operate it. USFS leases are a different story, the FS owns the land but not the resort and isn't benefiting from resort operations beyond the lease fee.

And what people really want is more parking.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...illion-Capital

Actually, sounds like some good improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    And what people really want is more parking.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...illion-Capital
    No, what people really want is less people.

It's time to revive this bitch thread. Those bitches and butches at Placer County rubber-stamped the fuckin' Base To Base Gondola between Squaw and Alpine...the final Board approval was unanimous. Just another little annoyance....fucking eyesore all over the Alpine Meadows valley, an eyesore to people hiking Five Lakes, or annoying to people that want to pretend that Granite Chief Wilderness is not 200 feet from electrified transportation. And that it supports and encourages the development of Whitewolf...more homes for billionaires...just what we needed...because we need more jets and helicopters landing at the Truckee airport. I hate that I live 100 feet from the Placer County line so I can't even vote one of those fuckers out.

You can bet next year..."we have to close Alpine Meadows early to build a fucking useless gondola".

Okay, bitching done.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Is Sierra Watch going to litigate those approvals/EIR?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Official KSL Bitch AND Bitch about people bitching about KSL thread

Quote Originally Posted by gone2alpine View Post
    It's time to revive this bitch thread. Those bitches and butches at Placer County rubber-stamped the fuckin' Base To Base Gondola between Squaw and Alpine...the final Board approval was unanimous. Just another little annoyance....fucking eyesore all over the Alpine Meadows valley, an eyesore to people hiking Five Lakes, or annoying to people that want to pretend that Granite Chief Wilderness is not 200 feet from electrified transportation. And that it supports and encourages the development of Whitewolf...more homes for billionaires...just what we needed...because we need more jets and helicopters landing at the Truckee airport. I hate that I live 100 feet from the Placer County line so I can't even vote one of those fuckers out.

You can bet next year..."we have to close Alpine Meadows early to build a fucking useless gondola".

Okay, bitching done.
    Agreed. Add to that a probably giant parking structure since they will need someplace for all the cars getting displaced by the village. And the discontinuation of all shuttle services.

Seriously, unanimous? I've never seen a planning mtg about anything contentious in sf that was unanimous. Placer county representing the interests of Tahoe is ridiculous