Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f3812f95d220bd0986cb3b421e8b19bd.jpeg 
Views:	99 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	380649

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think the one year delay, Covid, and all the usual pressures to perform have had a devastating effect on quite a few athletes. There's zero chance any of us can have any idea what it's like to be Naomi Osaka or Simone Biles.
    Or they are otherwise known as quitters.
    Live Free or Die

24 is old for a gymnast. And she's starting to realize that if she's not spot on she can get seriously hurt.
    Last edited by old goat; 07-27-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Yeah, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    24 is old for a gymnast.
    The coaches lose interest?

Good article on Vancouver, Wash., native Jordan Chiles, who was thrown into the lineup when Biles went down. And she nearly brought USA back to the gold.

Thrown into the lineup in a pressure-packed situation, Chiles, 20, gave the Americans a chance with a solid score of 14.666 on the vault. On the uneven bars,
    Chiles delivered a spectacular 14.166-point showing in relief of Biles, complementing teammate Suni Lee’s near-perfect 15.4 to bring the U.S. back within striking distance of gold.

Pumping her fist and screaming “let’s go,” Chiles motioned to the small crowd – reduced to fellow gymnasts on the men’s side because of COVID-19 measures – and shouted.

Losing Biles, Chiles said, was comparable to the Chicago Bulls losing Michael Jordan during the NBA Finals.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...es-early-exit/

Imagine how pumped you'd be if your 17 year old high school classmate in your butfuck middle of no where town was the first Alaskan to make it to the Olympics in swimming, one of only ten Alaskans ever to compete in the Olympics, and she unexpectedly ends up winning gold. This is what the Olympics is all about.

https://twitter.com/NBCOlympics/stat...reaststroke%2F

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Imagine how pumped you'd be if your 17 year old high school classmate in your butfuck middle of no where town was the first Alaskan to make it to the Olympics in swimming, one of only ten Alaskans ever to compete in the Olympics, and she unexpectedly ends up winning gold. This is what the Olympics is all about.

https://twitter.com/NBCOlympics/stat...reaststroke%2F
    Most of these "here's her family and friends watching at home" bits have been awful, but this one is incredible. Jacoby seems like a great kid, too.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    24 is old for a gymnast. And she's starting to realize that if she's not spot on she can get seriously hurt.
    Yep: meaningful gymnastic days are coming to an end. Nobody escapes the dialing back.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Can you imagine?? She takes the term "spinner" to a whole nother level
    Two words to consider .... vagina muscles

what radical alt reich talking head put this venomous statement in your grey matter? or are you this hateful in general?

Easy sailor, its just gymnastics but quitting has a definition and that is exactly what Biles did.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    what radical alt reich talking head put this venomous statement in your grey matter? or are you this hateful in general?
    Does everything have a political angle to you?

It must be soooo tiring to be triggered all the time by everything! Get a fucking grip!

For what its worth, it is the fact that she quit on her team that grinds my gears. If this was the individual events that's her prerogative but she fucked over what is probably the only chance most of the rest of that team will have at a gold medal and that is fucked up in my book.
    Live Free or Die

For what its worth, it is the fact that she quit on her team that grinds my gears. If this was the individual events that's her prerogative but she fucked over what is probably the only chance most of the rest of that team will have at a gold medal and that is fucked up in my book.
    From interview:

The four-times Olympic champion explained that she decided not to compete as she had been struggling mentally in recent days and after a difficult opening vault, so she decided that she wanted to “take a back seat” with full faith in her teammates to win a medal. When asked later what her goal was for these Games, Biles replied: “To focus on my wellbeing. You know there’s more to life than just gymnastics.”…

But speaking after the competition, Biles told reporters: “After that vault, I was like: ‘I’m not in the right headspace, I’m not going to lose a medal for this country and for these girls’ because they worked way too hard for me to go out there and have them lose a medal.”

Biles said that her workout on the morning before she was due to compete was “OK” but during the five-and-a-half-hour wait her composure deteriorated: “I was just shaking and I could barely nap. I’ve just never felt like this going into a competition before and I tried to go out here and have fun. Warmup at the back went a little bit better but once I came out here I was like: ‘No, mental is not there so I just need to let the girls do it and focus on myself.’”

There is no "I" in team...

I feel you bro. It's like when a football player gets an injury but stays in the game at 50% level and helps the team to lose the game. The least Biles could have done was stay in the match and get team USA 4th place.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I feel you bro. It's like when a football player gets an injury but stays in the game at 50% level and helps the team to lose the game. The least Biles could have done was stay in the match and get team USA 4th place.
    I am happy she stepped aside and let an alternate take a shot at it after listening to the post comp interview.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    from ar's brain it is. he is one of the most biased people here

turn on am radio, or watch fox news, then youll understand

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubadub View Post
    It must be soooo tiring to be triggered all the time by everything! Get a fucking grip!
    nope snowflake, just the facts, the gop is vile and full of hate. ive been listening to some, its become fascist

Biles needed a non performance enhancing gummy bear
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    from ar's brain it is. he is one of the most biased people here

turn on am radio, or watch fox news, then youll understand

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    I am happy she stepped aside and let an alternate take a shot at it after listening to the post comp interview.
    Yep, she doesn't have that massive amount of test running through her blood (AFAIK), and realized she was a liability at that point and had the courage to say so to her coaches.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Tokyo Olympic Survive COVID Games 2021

Biles still has the all-around and 4 apparatus finals to compete in if she’s feeling better. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

If she had competed, bombed and the US didn’t place and then said later she wasn’t feeling 100% and had considered stepping back but competed anyways we would be listening to a chorus of “she’s selfish”, “ why would you not let your backup compete if you weren’t “100%” , etc.