Page 274 of 929 FirstFirst ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,850 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Trumptarded Radio Host fighting for life with Covid after refusing to get vaccine.

https://apnews.com/article/entertain...038d664a184079

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Love it. Dude is willing to take ivermectin despite their being shitty evidence for it's utility and serious side effects, but won't get vaccinated. You know you're in the weeds when this sort of logic makes sense to you. Key-rist.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    "Hey!! Look at me!! I can be exposed to and test positive for the Rona and not feel a thing. Can I spread it? Not my problem. Can I help it mutate? Not my problem."

Did I get that right?

Good for you bro.
    Sorry that people following the local laws and recommendations makes you so angry and stressed. Must be so hard for you to have all these people living their lives and not bothering anybody and you completely unable to do anything about it. Sucks to be you I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I think the narrative needs to be shifted more to protecting the kids from disease since evidence of long covid for kids is kinda all over the place.
    CDC data as of 7/21 shows a whopping total of 401 deaths for 0-18. That's out of 75,000,000 in the US in that age group. Odds are certainly in kids favors on this one.
    Provisional COVID-19 Deaths: Focus on Ages 0-18 Years
    https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisiona...-Yea/nr4s-juj3

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    CDC data as of 7/21 shows a whopping total of 401 deaths for 0-18. That's out of 75,000,000 in the US in that age group. Odds are certainly in kids favors on this one.
    Reading comprehension, dude. He mentioned "long covid" for kids, not deaths. Kids are exceptionally unlikely to die from Covid. That doesn't mean they can't suffer long term complications from it.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    <snip> You’re smart enough to understand the situation.
    I don't think he is...

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    Sorry that people following the local laws and recommendations makes you so angry and stressed. Must be so hard for you to have all these people living their lives and not bothering anybody and you completely unable to do anything about it. Sucks to be you I guess.
    are you vaxxed?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    But kudos to the authors for pulling together a meta-analysis of shitty individual studies. What could go wrong?
    Nutrition science be like:

So I was correct it paraphrasing your thoughts. I hear you say "I'm good, fuck you"

People like you make my life suck. Bet that will make your day happy. Thanks. We should meet someday. Wear a mask.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    are you vaxxed?
    Of course. You'd be insane not to be. The vaccine takes COVID from one of the most likely things to send you to the hospital down to the level of freak accidents. And I assume in the fall I might need a booster. Might even just go get another dose for fun.

We should meet someday.
    Hard pass. You wouldn't like Missoula anyway. Too much freedom and too many happy people for somebody like you.
    Last edited by RoooR; 07-23-2021 at 10:42 AM.

So I was correct it paraphrasing your thoughts. I hear you say "I'm good, fuck you"

People like you make my life suck. Bet that will make your day happy. Thanks. We should meet someday. Wear a mask.
    Ok, how does a vaccinated person following local, state and federal guidelines make your life suck?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Trumptarded Radio Host fighting for life with Covid after refusing to get vaccine.

https://apnews.com/article/entertain...038d664a184079

Here’s his parody song “Vaxman”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6k4ov6LTZC4

Fucking twit

Yeah, but kids can infect other people, and in the meantime the virus mutates, possibly to deadlier forms that the vaccine or previous immunity will not work.

Get vaccinated.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Reading comprehension, dude. He mentioned "long covid" for kids, not deaths. Kids are exceptionally unlikely to die from Covid. That doesn't mean they can't suffer long term complications from it.
    and the current literature with acknowledged flawed data that i've seen is all over the place. Examples:
    2-4% of children that were symptomatic: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2782164
    4.4% of children that were symptomatic: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....05.21256649v2
    more than half of children that tested positive (symptomatic or asymptomatic): https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....23.21250375v1

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Yeah, but kids can infect other people, and in the meantime the virus mutates, possibly to deadlier forms that the vaccine or previous immunity will not work.

Get vaccinated.

yes. i read somewhere recently (I think it was an epi blog or twitter post) that in the US, ~19% of the population cannot get vaxed due to being under 12 or being immunocompromised

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    yes. i read somewhere recently (I think it was an epi blog or twitter post) that in the US, ~19% of the population cannot get vaxed due to being under 12 or being immunocompromised
    Hopefully this will change soon for kids under 12.

They are very efficient virus spreaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    effectiveness means that given an equal number of folks vaccinated and unvaccinated, 88% of the folks who show up symptomatic will turn out to not have had the vaccine
    I'm not sure this is exactly correct. Vaccine efficacy is a measure of the reduction in risk of contracting the disease in the vaccinated group as opposed to the placebo group in a clinical trial. Vaccine effectiveness is an expression of how well the vaccine prevents disease in application.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1D33515C-0949-4A6D-BE10-0E589933A4D3.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	510.8 KB 
ID:	380204
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Of course. You'd be insane not to be. The vaccine takes COVID from one of the most likely things to send you to the hospital down to the level of freak accidents. And I assume in the fall I might need a booster. Might even just go get another dose for fun.

Hard pass. You wouldn't like Missoula anyway. Too much freedom and too many happy people for somebody like you.
    no more freedom than any other state

happiness is subjective

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzanne...h=2a7af7a8f666

Gotta laugh at the narrative being pushed right now that it's only spreading amongst the unvaxxed when stuff like this just happened:
    5 fully vaccinated Texas House Democrats test positive for COVID-19
    https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/thre...-for-covid-19/
    Where's the Curb Your Enthusiasm outro when you need it? Haha.
    I've been waiting for this one too. There's been a couple problems with the vaccine effectiveness reporting, and some are showing themselves now. I don't often agree with MF, but Curb Your Enthusiasm is appropriate here.

First, efficacy vs severe disease was often conflated with immunity to infection. There's several studies that suggest the vaxxed are much more likely to get infected, and transmit, than many believed.

Second, any immunization produces a short term non-specific boost to the immune system. This means that a trial of say MMR vaccine against Covid might show some efficacy. Some wiseguys jabbed other vaccines for Covid protection before we had Covid vaccines.

Third, 95% trial efficacy does not mean 95% of vaxxed participants were protected forever. Instead, it means for every 20 people who developed severe symptoms, 1 of them was vaxxed. Given a large number of people and a small number of infections, this ratio should hold. However, given a large number of infections, it may not.

The variants could make a difference as well. Any time a large portion of the population takes a defensive measure, there is selective pressure to eliminate all variants defended against. If there's an undefended variant, it very likely becomes prevalent. (Some countries are successfully defending against all variants, so humans can outwit Covid)

All that said, the vaccine is miraculously effective against severe disease. Many vaccines prevent disease yet allow infection. If those Dems weren't getting tested, they may never have known they were infected.

Sort of like your avalanche kit and training helps against death, but does not provide avalanche immunity. Five maggots traveled to Alaska, each triggered an avalanche, no injuries. That's this story

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    <snip>

Second, any immunization produces a short term non-specific boost to the immune system.
    Good to know, as I just recently got not only a COVID vax, but even more recently got Tdap and shingles vaxes.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    no more freedom than any other state
    You don't think states / cities / towns vary by the level of freedom they allow their citizens? Just spit-balling off the top of my head but ways that freedom varies by where you live (presented without an opinion either way on these):
    Can I drink a beer outside on the street?
    Can I buy alcohol on Sunday?
    Can I buy a keg of beer?
    Can I buy raw milk?
    Can I own any type of gun I want?
    Can I buy marijuana?
    Can I get an abortion?
    Can I gamble?
    Can I start a business out of my house?
    Can I get solar panels installed on my house?
    Do I have to wear a helmet on my motorcycle / bicycle?
    Do I have to wear a seat-belt?
    Can I educate my children in the ways I see fit?
    Can I build what I want on my property?
    How hard is it for the state to take my property from me?
    Do I need to get a licence to start the type of businesses I want (occupational licencing)?

No matter you opinion on what is "right" on the above they do represent restrictions on freedom and they do vary wildly by where you live.

restrictions on freedom
    you might want to back off & define freedom
    it isn't necessarily the selfish ability to do whatever the fuck you want whenever

Alabama Republican Gov. Ivey says 'start blaming the unvaccinated folks' for rise in Covid cases

Washington (CNN)Alabama Republican Gov. Kay Ivey on Thursday called out "the unvaccinated folks" for the rise in Covid-19 cases in her state, a remarkable plea at a time when many GOP leaders are refusing to urge people to get vaccinated even as Covid-19 cases surge in many parts of the country.

"Folks are supposed to have common sense. But it's time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks. It's the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down," Ivey told reporters in Birmingham.

Alabama is the least vaccinated state in the country, with roughly 33.9% of residents fully vaccinated, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Average daily Covid-19 cases in Alabama are nearly double what they were a week ago, and more than four times higher than they were two weeks ago.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

A California man in his early 30s who derided vaccines on Twitter and Instagram died of COVID-19

https://news.yahoo.com/california-ma...101100901.html

“… ironically, as I continue to lay here, in South Corona, in my covid ward isolation room fighting off the virus and pneumonia. And no, i will not be getting vaccinated once i am discharged and released."

Then a few days later:

"I've fought this thing as hard as I can but unfortunately it's reached a point of critical choice & as much as I hate having to do this i'd rather it be willingness than forced emergency procedure. don't know when I'll wake up, please pray."

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Alabama is the least vaccinated state in the country, with roughly 33.9% of residents fully vaccinated, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Average daily Covid-19 cases in Alabama are nearly double what they were a week ago, and more than four times higher than they were two weeks ago.
    Huh. So exponential growth, you say? If only there had been some WAY to know that it would go like that...