Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Plenty playful in the line. Mounted mine at zero and they feel plenty playful. This is a playful ski after all. If anything I'd go back 1.

If you are going to be skiing 10 inches of pow with these I double for sure wouldn't mount ahead of the line if it was me.

Ymmv.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

You are going to get lots of different answers. My advice is that if you are a bigger guy, stay on the line and ski the longest length you are comfortable with. If you are lighter weight, you can go forward and gain some playfulness. It’s a very versatile ski with a big sweet spot. It’s hard to go wrong.

Also, it’s a so-so floater. I don’t think the mount point hurts or improves that much.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I should have added that I'm 6'1", 175 lbs. I opted for the 186 length. Sounds like on the line would be a safe option.

Appreciate the input!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadox View Post
    I should have added that I'm 6'1", 175 lbs. I opted for the 186 length. Sounds like on the line would be a safe option.

Appreciate the input!
    Yeah…you want to stay on the line, IMO. I own the 186 and 191…both mounted on the line. 5’ 8” and 200-lbs.

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

Frickin love my E104s! So good on piste and also off piste in steep, tight spots. Solid and stable. Yet easy and predictable. You can carve or slide turns. Great mix of strong/damp enough with huge skiability. Made an M102 and QST106 redundant for me. I also grab my E104s out more than my R11s now. Could easily be a quiver of one.

I’m mounted with STH16’s, at +2.5cm (-6.3cm from center). I have a short bsl (289mm) so factor that in. And I'm a dedicated forward mounter.....all my skis are mounted between -6.00cm to -7.25cm. I’m 5’7”, 165lbs on the 179cm. The 179cm floats me just fine mounted +2.5cm. I do think my next pair will be at +2cm.

Edit - I’m interested in A/B’ing these against some 179cm Mindbender 108Ti's that I just picked up.

Here’s the E104s in Blackcomb’s Sapphire Bowl in March....they just look easy to ski?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0037.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	919.7 KB 
ID:	375646
    Last edited by kc_7777; 05-26-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadox View Post

Appreciate the input!
    I have the 186 mounted on the line. I would not go forward of the recommend line. I find the recommend line plenty playful. my only regret about the enforcer 104s is that I did not get the 191. Im 5' 10" 200

I ordered up some 115s last night for a pretty-much-everyday ski in western canada. Stoked. Good deals from Gearhub in Fernie right now on other Enforcers too.

Seems like most people are on the E104s, which makes sense for this crowd.

Anyone have experience with the more frontside E100? I know the ski will excel on groomers and hard pack. What I’m really interested in is how well it crosses over to soft snow and bumps?

Dimensionally speaking I can tell how the two skis will vary in the handling department, with the only discernible difference that I can see being the tail profile and obviously shaving off a few mm on the E100. What I really want to know is if the layup changes between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Seems like most people are on the E104s, which makes sense for this crowd.

Anyone have experience with the more frontside E100? I know the ski will excel on groomers and hard pack. What I’m really interested in is how well it crosses over to soft snow and bumps?

Dimensionally speaking I can tell how the two skis will vary in the handling department, with the only discernible difference that I can see being the tail profile and obviously shaving off a few mm on the E100. What I really want to know is if the layup changes between the two?
    I own the 2018 Enforcer 100 in the 185 and 2020 Enforcer 104 Free in the 186 and 191.

I bought the Enforcer 100 to ski with my blue run/intermediate level kids. It is very good natured and easy to ski but can also be pushed pretty hard. It is just damp enough and just stable enough for most resort skiing. It handles bumps well and provides a respectable level of float in up to 6” or so of soft snow. It does have a speed limit and a hard charger will find it quite easily. It is a really great ski for most skiers, though. As my kids got stronger, I have skied it less. I think I skied it one day last year.

When Nordica released the 104, they updated the construction from previous Enforcers by going from a poplar/ash titanal layup to a poplar/beech/balsa/titanal + carbon layup. The 104 is a ostensibly a slightly wider Enforcer 100 with more tail rocker. It performs better a bit better in deep snow. It seems to float better and is looser. The construction feels more playful and a bit less damp to me. I actually prefer the “feel” of the pre-2021 Enforcer 100.

Last year, the Enforcer 100 was updated to the same construction as the Enforcer 104. I have yet to ski it, but it seems that many believe that the 100 is a little “more” ski than it used to be, a bit more “business” and less forgiving. Not sure how that exactly translates to bumps or off piste skiing. It still wins the magazine awards and sells like crazy though, so maybe the construction change wasn’t that big of a deal.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I own the 2018 Enforcer 100 in the 185 and 2020 Enforcer 104 Free in the 186 and 191.

I bought the Enforcer 100 to ski with my blue run/intermediate level kids. It is very good natured and easy to ski but can also be pushed pretty hard. It is just damp enough and just stable enough for most resort skiing. It handles bumps well and provides a respectable level of float in up to 6” or so of soft snow. It does have a speed limit and a hard charger will find it quite easily. It is a really great ski for most skiers, though. As my kids got stronger, I have skied it less. I think I skied it one day last year.

When Nordica released the 104, they updated the construction from previous Enforcers by going from a poplar/ash titanal layup to a poplar/beech/balsa/titanal + carbon layup. The 104 is a ostensibly a slightly wider Enforcer 100 with more tail rocker. It performs better a bit better in deep snow. It seems to float better and is looser. The construction feels more playful and a bit less damp to me. I actually prefer the “feel” of the pre-2021 Enforcer 100.

Last year, the Enforcer 100 was updated to the same construction as the Enforcer 104. I have yet to ski it, but it seems that many believe that the 100 is a little “more” ski than it used to be, a bit more “business” and less forgiving. Not sure how that exactly translates to bumps or off piste skiing. It still wins the magazine awards and sells like crazy though, so maybe the construction change wasn’t that big of a deal.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Hey Bandit Man, if you decide at some point in time that you only need one set of those 104's I'm watching for some 191's and I'm just down in Ballard.

I bought my dad a pair of 185 Enforcer 110s for Christmas. I was looking for an easy to ski ~110 ski to help him learn to ski powder. I'll be detuning the tips and tails for him.

I'd have gotten him the 191s, but I think those would have been a little long for him. He's a 66 year old intermediate skier, ~210 lbs.

What's the consensus on where to mount the 110s? Also, any considerations for him being able to drive the enforcers on a less stiff boot?

Anyone want some 191 110's?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I bought my dad a pair of 185 Enforcer 110s for Christmas. I was looking for an easy to ski ~110 ski to help him learn to ski powder. I'll be detuning the tips and tails for him.

I'd have gotten him the 191s, but I think those would have been a little long for him. He's a 66 year old intermediate skier, ~210 lbs.

What's the consensus on where to mount the 110s? Also, any considerations for him being able to drive the enforcers on a less stiff boot?
    Go on the line. The 185 has an 18.5-m radius and lots of tail rocker. It is a “roll over on the edges” to turn kind of ski. It’s also the on the softer end of the spectrum in the Enforcer family. He should be fine on the line.

Go on the line. The 185 has an 18.5-m radius and lots of tail rocker. It is a “roll over on the edges” to turn kind of ski. It’s also the on the softer end of the spectrum in the Enforcer family. He should be fine on the line.
    Thanks. Rolling on edge to turn is definitely his style.

Tried the 104 this morning at an EC demo day. Was easier to ski than a Mantra M6 with no loss in suspension on roughed up man made groomers.

I had the enforcer 93 and found it underwhelming.

Thumbs up

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Tried the 104 this morning at an EC demo day. Was easier to ski than a Mantra M6 with no loss in suspension on roughed up man made groomers.

I had the enforcer 93 and found it underwhelming.

Thumbs up

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    What length Enforcer 104 did you try?

Shit ice at Whistler this week. The E104 was all I took out.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Shit ice at Whistler this week. The E104 was all I took out.
    Seems like good Blade conditions, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    Seems like good Blade conditions, no?
    Haha true. I had them both with me. The ice was so damn hard (refrozen crap) that I’m glad I used the 104s. The Blades are carvers….this snow was uncarvable. Was worried about my left knee and that massive Blade tip on the ice.

Wonder if you all can recommend a ski for me.

I skied the 2018 Enforcer in a 177cm today at Alta and really liked them. No fresh snow - used groomers and chalky off-piste. I am 5'7" and 145 lbs. Intermediate skier, self-taught.

I was using demo bindings and moved them bindings forward 0.8cm after one run and liked them much better. Felt much more on top of the ski. I think I could even go another step forward but might lose stability.

I'm kind of looking for something to fill my all mountain spot. I have an MX 83-176 and will be mounting Praxis Powderboards in a 180. I'd like a ski for the following use cases: (1) soft snow on the mountain and can only bring one ski up, (2) afternoon ski on a powder day, (3) hard snow days when I want something more versatile than the MX83.

I'm not traveling to resort ski this year, so I'll just be at Alta. I'd prefer to give up float in pow than hard snow performance.

First q: should I size up if I go for the 104 or 110 as they have more tip and tail rocker? The profiles look very different from the 100. Can you confirm they are not a totally different ski? I've read the thread but am a bit worried.

Second q: should I look for a 104 or a 110? I'm a bit worried about the hard-snow performance of the 110. Does it require better technique to get the 110 to carve? I'm self-taught and still learning.

What length Enforcer 104 did you try?

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Haha true. I had them both with me. The ice was so damn hard (refrozen crap) that I’m glad I used the 104s. The Blades are carvers….this snow was uncarvable. Was worried about my left knee and that massive Blade tip on the ice.
    Fair! I actually picked up a pair of mounted but basically unused 104 Frees in 179 for $450 CAD this weekend, based partly on your ravings… so expect an angry DM if they don’t work out. I think they’ll form the middle part of a great 3-ski quiver for Whistler, along with a Ranger 94 FR and Black Ops 118.

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    Fair! I actually picked up a pair of mounted but basically unused 104 Frees in 179 for $450 CAD this weekend, based partly on your ravings… so expect an angry DM if they don’t work out. I think they’ll form the middle part of a great 3-ski quiver for Whistler, along with a Ranger 94 FR and Black Ops 118.
    You'll like the the E104s. I guarantee it.

We have a similar bsl so you should try my Blades and I should try your 94 FRs....was looking at some 102 Fischer Ranger FRs in the Village this weekend. Nice ski.

KC

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Wonder if you all can recommend a ski for me.

I skied the 2018 Enforcer in a 177cm today at Alta and really liked them. No fresh snow - used groomers and chalky off-piste. I am 5'7" and 145 lbs. Intermediate skier, self-taught.

I'm not traveling to resort ski this year, so I'll just be at Alta. I'd prefer to give up float in pow than hard snow performance.

First q: should I size up if I go for the 104 or 110 as they have more tip and tail rocker? The profiles look very different from the 100. Can you confirm they are not a totally different ski? I've read the thread but am a bit worried.

Second q: should I look for a 104 or a 110? I'm a bit worried about the hard-snow performance of the 110. Does it require better technique to get the 110 to carve? I'm self-taught and still learning.
    Going to address Q2 first since it is the important one. If you want hard snow performance (out west), you want the new Enforcer 100. If you want a bias towards firm snow, but a looser feel in in deep snow, you want the Enforcer 104 Free. If you want a ski that primarily handles off piste, but can still manage firmer snow, that is the Enforcer 110 Free.

The 2018 Enforcer 100 that you skied used to have a different construction and somewhat easier-going feel compared to the newer (starting in 2021) 100. It now has the same construction as the Enforcer 104. The Enforcer 110 has the old construction and has the softest flex of the three. It is ridiculously easy to carve on firm snow for a ski with a 110-mm waist.

On the sizing up question, the short answer is, no. On the Enforcer 104 and 110, Nordica doesn't shorten up the turn radius due to the rocker profile versus the 100. That being said, the 110 does has the shortest radius of the three in the 177 length at 16.5-m versus slightly larger on the 100 and 104. With your stated size and ability, I would say the 177/179 lengths are spot on for you. If you were a more advanced or aggressive skier, I could see sizing up as an option but certainly not a requirement.

Finally, if I were skiing Alta regularly and wanted an Enforcer with firm-snow capabilities, it would either be the 100 or 104. If you like the feeling of finishing a turn, it is the 100. If you like the option to slide or break loose that tail easier, it is the 104.

Hope that helps.

Great info Bandit Man!

Going to address Q2 first since it is the important one. If you want hard snow performance (out west), you want the new Enforcer 100. If you want a bias towards firm snow, but a looser feel in in deep snow, you want the Enforcer 104 Free. If you want a ski that primarily handles off piste, but can still manage firmer snow, that is the Enforcer 110 Free.

The 2018 Enforcer 100 that you skied used to have a different construction and somewhat easier-going feel compared to the newer (starting in 2021) 100. It now has the same construction as the Enforcer 104. The Enforcer 110 has the old construction and has the softest flex of the three. It is ridiculously easy to carve on firm snow for a ski with a 110-mm waist.

On the sizing up question, the short answer is, no. On the Enforcer 104 and 110, Nordica doesn't shorten up the turn radius due to the rocker profile versus the 100. That being said, the 110 does has the shortest radius of the three in the 177 length at 16.5-m versus slightly larger on the 100 and 104. With your stated size and ability, I would say the 177/179 lengths are spot on for you. If you were a more advanced or aggressive skier, I could see sizing up as an option but certainly not a requirement.

Finally, if I were skiing Alta regularly and wanted an Enforcer with firm-snow capabilities, it would either be the 100 or 104. If you like the feeling of finishing a turn, it is the 100. If you like the option to slide or break loose that tail easier, it is the 104.

Hope that helps.