Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Which sunglasses?

For all day, every day.

Been in Maui Jim past few years, and haven't found anything better.

So any to check out besides Maui???

Requirements are lightweight, and ear comfort for xl helmet head.

Maui Jim Titanium Frameless?
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Ugh... I need a new pair and have been putting it off. I hate how much they cost. I dunno why but sunglasses are an item that I think should cost less than they do. I'm a Ray Ban person but I've never tried Maui Jim so I can't compare.

If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

I'm a Maui Jim guy... I've had them for years and they back them up pretty well (not as well as they used to but still good), but they're so damn delicate. Still have some, but more often lately I've just been using some higher end Smith's for mountain-biking and then I end up wearing them elsewhere. Now the MJ's are my "nice" sunglasses if I'm going to some event or something.

Check out the American Optical, the original issuer for the military aviators. way cheaper than ray bans and as good or better quality. opticsplanet.com has had the best deals when I've bought them in the past.

Smith. Glass lens is key. I love my touchstones

http://shop.randolphusa.com/aviator-...old-p5917.aspx

The best sun glasses I have ever owned. The bayonet ear piece never hurts under a helmet and when I accidently mangled mine they sent me a new pair for $55. Well worth the investment. I own 4 pair

Maui Jim. The only "delicate" ones are in styles I don't wear. I even sprang for prescription ones when my eyes decided to age.

The style I have is the Peahi.

I am cheap when it comes to sunglasses. I picked up Nike Tailwinds at Costco for a good price. The style I prefer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nike-Tailwind-12-Sunglasses-EV0657_001_A.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	165976

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Check out Smith's "Chroma Pop" Polarchromatic glasses. I picked up a pair of Dolens last year and couldn't be happier. Spendy, but seriously the nicest lenses I've ever worn... super comfortable and lightweight. The "igniter" lens is tits.

http://www.smithoptics.com/Root/Men%...en/p/DLGPPCMBK

Smith bitchezzz
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Maui jims are my fav, Persols are the coolest looking, and it's hard to go wrong with classic shape RayBans.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Maui Jim Titanium Frameless?

Have went through at least 2 pair of Banyans.

So far have stayed away from metal, thinking bad for getting hot?

Costa
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Smith bitchezzz
    With a fan or without?
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I'm a Maui Jim guy... I've had them for years and they back them up pretty well (not as well as they used to but still good), but they're so damn delicate. Still have some, but more often lately I've just been using some higher end Smith's for mountain-biking and then I end up wearing them elsewhere. Now the MJ's are my "nice" sunglasses if I'm going to some event or something.

Yup, that's where I'm at with the MJ's. Love the fit and light weight, but I ruin the poly lenses in about a year to year and half. Plus the nose pieces don't last very long either.

I've managed to keep a pair of Revo's for over 20 years as my nice glasses. Been long enough now they're almost back in style. Sadly I'm wearing the Revo's at work now, so their shelf life just took a hit.

Which sunglasses?

really dig the polarization on the brand tints. cheap shades at around 30 bucks. bamboo arms classic wayfarer style. i also own rayban wayfarers, aviators, a couple of pairs of oakley frogskins, a couple of pairs of von zippers, dragons etc. tints are good though for me not caring about fing up really nice shades..

edit.. costas yes! too expensive for my tastes, but polar on them is out of control. fishing buddies prefer them.
    Last edited by btmacken; 04-06-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Yup, that's where I'm at with the MJ's. Love the fit and light weight, but I ruin the poly lenses in about a year to year and half. Plus the nose pieces don't last very long either.

I've managed to keep a pair of Revo's for over 20 years as my nice glasses. Been long enough now they're almost back in style. Sadly I'm wearing the Revo's at work now, so their shelf life just took a hit.
    I had a pair of these and loved them so much I pretty much refuse to wear anything else, to the point where I no longer wear any because I lost these somewhere. Heat never even entered my thoughts with them. My dad was a REVO guy. He always said, "Glasses should be glass". He also lost 3 pair to the depths of Lake Don Pedro and always had massive indents on the bridge of his nose. I literally occasionally forgot the MJ's were on my face.

Have went through at least 2 pair of Banyas.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1428367872.160135.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	165977

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    Costa
    Interesting!

400 or 580?

How's the frame size, they don't give any mm's for their large or xl?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is the deal with MJ service? I've a pair of titanium frameless that broke (metal broke, glass has tiny little cracks around screw holes but haven't broken). Anyone know will they fix them? For a charge and if so how much?

Interesting!

400 or 580?

How's the frame size, they don't give any mm's for their large or xl?
    I have 580 glass. I don't know what to tell you with regards to frame size.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Native. These may be occasionally found on The Clymb for fairly cheap. Replacement lens are also available.

I keep two Natives in my truck- one dark gray polarized for when conditions are bright and sunny and a light brown for overcast, yet "glarey" conditions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0901.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	165980  
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Prada
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.