Page 19 of 122 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    everyone i know in edmonton said she did a great job. obviously some user selection bias but a couple of them were lifelong conservative voters with open minds that are also softening up a bit socially in their retirement years (one healthcare worker, one farmer).
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Look at BC NDP.
    As a guy that grew up in Ontario and moved to BC 15 years ago it took a bit of time for me to figure out the BC political translation.

BC NDP = Liberals
    BC Liberals = Conservatives
    BC Greens = NDP

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    She was the least corrupt and had the best interests of Albertan's at heart.

She was just dealt a shit hand with the collapse in oil prices.
    Reminds me of Bob Rae in Ontario when he got blamed for an economic slowdown across the globe. The lies in politics never stop.

Kennys current problems are nothing that 100$ a barrel oil won't fix
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    As a guy that grew up in Ontario and moved to BC 15 years ago it took a bit of time for me to figure out the BC political translation.

BC NDP = Liberals
    BC Greens = NDP
    True but the NDP still says stuff that a Liberal in any other parts of the country couldn't get away with. And certainly a BC NDPer is much more pro organized labour and anti privatisation than any Liberal across the country. But day to day not really that different. BC Libs they still confuse me who they are.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    True but the NDP still says stuff that a Liberal in any other parts of the country couldn't get away with. And certainly a BC NDPer is much more pro organized labour and anti privatisation than any Liberal across the country. But day to day not really that different. BC Libs they still confuse me who they are.
    BC Liberals are the old Social Credit but more clumsy at hiding their love of payouts, money laundering and graft

Quote Originally Posted by petey_ View Post
    Reminds me of Bob Rae in Ontario when he got blamed for an economic slowdown across the globe. The lies in politics never stop.
    He really had a shit sandwich fed to him. He didn't have the option that Notley did of just keep spending. So he tried the best he could without his party behind him. If he had had pragmatic NDPers from BC or Sask in his caucus he would have done a lot better. I remember seeing him on a podium with a row of chairs. Nobody sat down beside him. It was like he had leprosy.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Bob wasn't soo bad, he got us some extra days off school with them Rae Days.

Sounds like thing are moving:
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ictions-492111

I'm getting hopeful that fully vaccinated folks will be allowed to cross the border starting June 22nd.

Can't happen soon enough. My mother is in late stage dementia in a senior care home in Victoria. I hope she can still converse and share the joy of a re-union but it won't take the place of all the visits I would have made were it not for the border closure. I attempted to obtain a "compassionate visit" clearance but it came with the 2 week quarantine & other restrictions that made the word "compassionate" a joke. Here's to a safe and soon re-opening!

CBC story

An official aware of the Canada-U.S. talks, who asked to remain anonymous, said he doubts a June reopening is likely and suggested July would be a likelier starting date for the first phase.

Other technical details still have to be worked out, such as the form proof of vaccination would take. The same official said that proof would require, at a minimum, a vaccination card and perhaps another form of evidence.

once again Ted shows the great canuck savy by linking to and knowing how to spell CBC

i haven't heard anything about vaccine passports but I expected them, I think its a great idea and i want one

I don't see the feds moving fast enough for june

maybe next year tho

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Travelers entering Canada would still be tested for the virus and may be required to quarantine for a shorter period.
    I'm curious about that. Unless they plan to setup a test site at the border itself, I don't see how this would be of much value. For instance, someone wants to go to Canada, so they google "Covid Test" and all of the local pharmacy tests claim they will receive the results "within 24 hours (to 5 days) via email". Meanwhile, they're out at the bar trying to get infected.

There is actually a local laboratory that has the fast test tech, but they're only using it for suspected infections and essential personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    TBH i don't think it's the point of the NDP to get elected. The role of the 3rd party is not really to get elected, but to push the social issues to the forefront and in a minority situation their buy-in is crucial. NDP almost had a chance back in the Jack Layton days though. Still makes me sad.
    My take is that the NDP blew a real chance at power when they elected Angry Tom Mulcair over our local homey Nathan Cullen. Nathan had it all as far as I'm concerned. I think he could have taken the NDP to a win federally. Of course it's just speculation, however I've never been wrong (sarcasm emoji).

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    I will say, despite their bitching, Racheal Notley was the best premier Alberta has had in a long while.
    Granted the bar is pretty low.
    I think this too. Oil crash killed her. As did, the uninformed boneheads in BC who said "no pipelines evah" even when talking twinning an existing, and not realizing that their province depended on Alberta oil. The inability for Rachel to get a pipeline to tidewater sunk her in Alberta the next election. Ironic, Alberta finally has an NDP premier and she gets sunk by a bunch of BC NDPers. However, see below:

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post

BC NDP = Liberals
    BC Greens = NDP
    So there, polyass in the ski snowboard forum. Love it
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post

So there, polyass in the ski snowboard forum. Love it
    Yeah but it's Canadian polyass where we know ineptitude is there in every leader who comes along so nobody gets too riled up about someone dissin' their team. It's very watered-down, not like the 151 proof shouting matches you get down south. We are the "three-two" of the polyass world.

Its like the acoustic version of polyass

I seem to remember there was a Canadian federal election and nobody in America mentioning it before or after
    but in any case the 2 countries are side by each, same language have pretty much all the same markets but they are very different

Polyass Unplugged.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    but in any case the 2 countries are side by each, same language have pretty much all the same markets but they are very different
    don't tell anyone that here

well the most obvious thing is we still worship the queen

Its like the acoustic version of polyass

I seem to remember there was a Canadian federal election and nobody in America mentioning it before or after
    pas l'mème language là, tabarnak.
    27° 18°

well the most obvious thing is we still worship the queen
    pis ta reine, elle j'men calisse ben raide
    27° 18°

pas l'mème language là, tabarnak.
    I guess XXX-er missed that "Canadian Bacon" clip a couple pages back.

pis ta reine, elle j'men calisse ben raide
    J’ai le feu au cul

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    J’ai le feu au cul
    too much poutine bud
    27° 18°