Page 407 of 641 FirstFirst ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,175 of 16021
    More rumors and hearsay, nice catch.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    More rumors and hearsay, nice catch.
    Other than getting clicks, why do you feel The Block would lie about the two sources behind the story?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

That just sounds horrible for all the folks who have their $ held hostage hope they get it back or that there is at least justice meted out
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Other than getting clicks, why do you feel The Block would lie about the two sources behind the story?
    I guess I'm just impatient for verifiable facts.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

CEL token is still up 300% from 2019 so there’s hope I suppose. Still way outperformed stonks. Right?

The blockfi acquisition looks like a foreclosure.

Bankman-Fried is like the old Warren Buffett. He can buy these failing companies and squeeze enough cash flow out of them while strengthening his other businesses.

A blog post/update from Celsius

Across Celsius today, we are focused and working as quickly as we can to stabilize liquidity and operations, in order to be positioned to share more information with the community. We are operating with the entire community and all clients in mind as we work through these challenging times.

We continue to take important steps to preserve and protect assets and explore options available to us. These options include pursuing strategic transactions as well as a restructuring of our liabilities, among other avenues. These exhaustive explorations are complex and take time, but we want the community to know that our teams are working with experts from many different disciplines.

Our relationship with the community and our clients has been a source of pride for all team members at Celsius, and we will continue to share information with our customers as and when it becomes appropriate.

https://blog.celsius.network/across-...y-c71b29513a9b
    https://twitter.com/CelsiusNetwork/s...50066019282944
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The blockfi acquisition looks like a foreclosure.
    $25 Million. With an M.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    A blog post/update from Celsius

Across Celsius today, we are focused and working as quickly as we can to stabilize liquidity and operations, in order to be positioned to share more information with the community. We are operating with the entire community and all clients in mind as we work through these challenging times.

We continue to take important steps to preserve and protect assets and explore options available to us. These options include pursuing strategic transactions as well as a restructuring of our liabilities, among other avenues. These exhaustive explorations are complex and take time, but we want the community to know that our teams are working with experts from many different disciplines.

Our relationship with the community and our clients has been a source of pride for all team members at Celsius, and we will continue to share information with our customers as and when it becomes appropriate.

https://twitter.com/CelsiusNetwork/s...50066019282944
    Feels good to be part of a community!

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    $25 Million. With an M.
    On a $5b (that’s billion) valuation from 3 months ago?

Foreclosing on the $250 million loan

How is what's happening in crypto right now any different than the bank runs of the late 1800s? They even had their own tokens back then called bank notes.

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    How is what's happening in crypto right now any different than the bank runs of the late 1800s? They even had their own tokens back then called bank notes.
    like the 1907 Bankers Panic that lead to the creation of the Federal Reserve, and SBF is cosplaying JPMs role? Major difference so far seems to be not much actual interplay between crypto and other things; those panics had speculative instruments that were also large corps - like Tennessee Iron that got merged into US steel

Quote Originally Posted by mee03b View Post
    Thnks for shering.
    Funny, but reported post, but still funny.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

The new issue of Bloomberg Business Week.. " the heist issue ". Its mostly articles about large scams/ fraud/ thefts.. The entire issue is well worth reading, especially the article about crypto theft.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Well I bought bitcoin today, under $20k. Not sure if the low is in, but stay the course.

Also bought chainlink. I've reached my goal and brought my cost basis way down from $10. Haven't decided what to do next, part of me wants to keep buying as long as it's down.
    Henry David Thoreau

Don’t worry Community, we’re going to be stable and liquid any day now!!!!

(FYI, they’re going to stabilize by taking your money, they just can’t say that yet.)

Just got this email from Voyager (I don't have any funds there)

Today we made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend trading, deposits, withdrawals, and loyalty rewards. The app will be down for a short transition period. After that, you will still be able to view market data and track your portfolio, and you will receive rewards payments for the month of June.

Henry David Thoreau

“Track your portfolio”.

“Track your portfolio”.
    Don't forget viewing market data! That's importanter...

Considering the news BTC is holding up pretty well. Maybe the liquidation sales have mostly been made.

I’m hearing more about unmet margin calls. I can’t see any path for these unregulated exchanges to collect. That’s why regulated exchanges have clearing and a broker in the accountability chain.

Considering the news BTC is holding up pretty well. Maybe the liquidation sales have mostly been made.

I’m hearing more about unmet margin calls. I can’t see any path for these unregulated exchanges to collect. That’s why regulated exchanges have clearing and a broker in the accountability chain.
    How the fuck is this crap not regulated.
    This last yr. Or two, these firms have been trading against customer collateral.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    How the fuck is this crap not regulated.
    This last yr. Or two, these firms have been trading against customers
    I’ve never read any of the client agreements but I’m also a bit put off that the FBI and other enforcement agencies are trying to clean it up. Isn’t decentralized autonomy a feature? Risks were known?

I’ve never read any of the client agreements but I’m also a bit put off that the FBI and other enforcement agencies are trying to clean it up. Isn’t decentralized autonomy a feature? Risks were known?
    Hear me out: what if they aren’t actually decentralized, and they lie to their customers about the risks?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Hear me out: what if they aren’t actually decentralized, and they lie to their customers about the risks?
    Name:  Image1656714019.052230.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  8.5 KB