Page 1239 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 ... LastLast
Results 30,951 to 30,975 of 41810
    "Both the Diocese and Agudath Israel maintain that the regulations treat
    houses of worship much more harshly than comparable secular facilities.
    And they tell us without contradiction that
    they have complied with all public health guidance, have
    implemented additional precautionary measures, and have
    operated at 25% or 33% capacity for months without a single outbreak. "

"In a red zone, while a synagogue or church may not admit
    more than 10 persons, businesses categorized as “essential”
    may admit as many people as they wish.

And the list of “essential” businesses includes things such as acupuncture
    facilities, camp grounds, garages, as well as many whose
    services are not limited to those that can be regarded as essential,
    such as all plants manufacturing chemicals and microelectronics and all transportation facilities. See New
    York State, Empire State Development, Guidance for Determining Whether a Business Enterprise is Subject to a
    Workforce Reduction Under Recent Executive Orders,
    https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026.

The disparate treatment is even more striking in an orange zone.
    While attendance at houses of worship is limited to 25 persons, even non-essential businesses may decide for themselves how many persons to admit
    "

blah blah blah blah /./././././

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...20a87_4g15.pdf

There needs to be a reasonable approach that allows for the same patron density that other stores and transit and similar venues allow.
    The SCOTUS agrees.
    Not allowed to flout guidelines, but not being penalized for being religious venues.
    This makes sense.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Just got a text from a friend this morning passing on news that someone we knew in college died of Covid. He was 52 years old and had no pre-existing conditions. Fuck.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Sorry man

Just because houses of worship have been documented as the source of superspreader events they shouldnt be limited!!!

Freedom for my religion even if it means that the virus reverberates through society and strikes down people completely unrelated to the gathering.

But I’m about 99.999999% sure that God isnt going to punish you for not physically being inside some man made 4 walls during a Pandemic but I wonder what the tally on your ledger will be for being willfully ignorant and contributing to others deaths.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Morning stall cleaning ponderings (I swear this is where I do my best thinking - LOL!!):

Throughout this last year I've been going to the same grocery stores I always have with the same staff working there and I've yet to read that one has had to shut down for cleaning because and employee has tested positive for Covid or had a familiar clerk be out sick.

All stores have plexiglass dividers, SD mark-offs, cart sanitizing stations and the staff wear masks. A lot of people come through these stores daily. Does this not speak to the effectivness of mitigation? Does this not prove that if we all do the simple things suggested, wear a mask, keep our distance etc. we can function on a realtively normal basis until we get a vaccine and knock this thing down or am I smoking crack?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Just got a text from a friend this morning passing on news that someone we knew in college died of Covid. He was 52 years old and had no pre-existing conditions. Fuck.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

^^
    You are not on crack. You are an intelligent, caring person. I wish more people on the planet were like you. It's not that fucking hard.
    Be smart, wear mask, follow scientific guidlines, get vaccine. Why the hell can't people not be fucking idiots.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Morning stall cleaning ponderings (I swear this is where I do my best thinking - LOL!!):

Throughout this last year I've been going to the same grocery stores I always have with the same staff working there and I've yet to read that one has had to shut down for cleaning because and employee has tested positive for Covid or had a familiar clerk be out sick.

All stores have plexiglass dividers, SD mark-offs, cart sanitizing stations and the staff wear masks. A lot of people come through these stores daily. Does this not speak to the effectivness of mitigation? Does this not prove that if we all do the simple things suggested, wear a mask, keep our distance etc. we can function on a realtively normal basis until we get a vaccine and knock this thing down or am I smoking crack?
    The two are not mutually exclusive.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Kiddo’s day care closed for the second time in a span of ten days. First, it was a cook who tested positive. Now, it’s one of the teachers. The kid has serious genetic and developmental issues so dealing with him without daycare and school support is hard to say the least. We’ll all get tested over the weekend just to know where we stand.

In other news, my aunt (66 yo) and her family in CA got COVID. She is in the hospital after 8 days of fiver. Her son and his daughter are at home with fiver and cough.

fuck

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

KQ, you r00l, dump the self doubt.

Scientific method continues to be a threat or irritant to a lot of people. Lots of scientists lack the social skills to convince some people.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Kiddo’s day care closed for the second time in a span of ten days. First, it was a cook who tested positive. Now, it’s one of the teachers. The kid has serious genetic and developmental issues so dealing with him without daycare and school support is hard to say the least. We’ll all get tested over the weekend just to know where we stand.

In other news, my aunt (66 yo) and her family in CA got COVID. She is in the hospital after 8 days of fiver. Her son and his daughter are at home with fiver and cough.

fuck
    condolences.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    https://www.politico.eu/article/ital...racy-theories/

Italian stupidity beyond the Jersey Shore.
    Wouldn't it make more sense for these COVID deniers to go to the hospital's fake COVID wings, with the fake COVID patients and breathe deeply the fake COVID air in order to prove that the disease is fake?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense for these COVID deniers to go to the hospital's fake COVID wings, with the fake COVID patients and breathe deeply the fake COVID air in order to prove that the disease is fake?
    Would be helpful for them to do room cleaning in the hospitals and help out in the morgues. Good job stimulus program for deniers.

They’d save the system money because they wouldn’t need PPE and wouldn’t sue when they got sick because it’s just the flu.

There really should just be Covidtown, where you get sent if you can’t deal with mask laws, want to violate the closures, etc.
    All the freedoms you want except the freedom to leave. You have to quarantine in a facility for 14 days to come back to live with the rest of us.

Oklahoma City...

The problem with the internet is that Bukowski actually said, "the problem is that bad writers tend to have self-confidence, while the good ones tend to have self-doubt".

Fifty years earlier, Bertrand Russell wrote the fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.

Russell is widely considered to be the originator, but was probably paraphrasing Yeats, who wrote the best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The problem with the internet is that Bukowski actually said, "the problem is that bad writers tend to have self-confidence, while the good ones tend to have self-doubt".

Fifty years earlier, Bertrand Russell wrote the fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.

Russell is widely considered to be the originator, but was probably paraphrasing Yeats, who wrote the best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.
    I’m surprised that Dylan doesn’t have a well known lyric paraphrasing all of this as well.
    Maybe he does?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

There was an article in the Atlantic, reshared the last couple of days, talking about nuance. Tell people to just stay home and they are rightfully resentful and rebel and don't.

Better approach is to tell people to limit high risk activities and do what they have to do safer.

For instance being in the grocery store for a short time is relatively safe as KQ points out.

I thought soccer would be safe this summer, and it could have been, but the safe was lost in the details. People are idiots.

It is the details we should be focusing on. I think we would be a lot more successful.

I tried to argue this to a liberal journalist and caught hell fire from her and her supporters. Stay home! You are part of the problem! Meanwhile she voted in person and I voted absentee. She has a social quarantine circle and I consider everybody infectious.

I'm a liberal. But science rules. And science says we can do a lot more than stay home and contain this pandemic. To a degree it isn't as much what you do, as how you do it. You can't eat at at a restaurant safely but you can eat restaurant food safely.

You guys sound pretty cocksure about all that!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I’m surprised that Dylan doesn’t have a well known lyric paraphrasing all of this as well.
    Maybe he does?
    Good and bad, I defined these terms
    Quote clear, no doubt somehow . . .

But I was so much older then
    I'm younger than that now

Who can explain it, who can tell you why?
    Fools give you reasons, wise men never try

Yeah, that Constitutional guarantee of religious freedom, super-annoying, amirite?

And when in the past we’ve disregarded core civil liberties to (supposedly) make ourselves safer - like the Japanese internment camps - we’ve never been ashamed later!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Needles View Post
    Yeah, that Constitutional guarantee of religious freedom, super-annoying, amirite?
    Pretty much, yeah.

Do churches need to flow fire safety code for maximum occupancy?

Also... take it to polyass jong

False claims interspersed with the occasional criminal charge - topped off with some failure to disclose safety data and kickbacks.

List of largest pharmaceutical settlements
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...al_settlements

Let's not forget Good Manufacturing Practice Violations, Off Label Marketing, Best Price Fraud, CME Fraud, Medicaid Price Reporting, and Manufactured Compound Drugs issues.

Pharmaceutical Fraud
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmaceutical_fraud

Is there even another industry anywhere that has that many industry-wide criminal and civil cases on an ongoing basis?

People have just about made up their minds about this industry.
    If they #futchup the covid pandemic vaccines, they will never be forgiven.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er