Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bob Marley movie

Saw the Marley documentary last night. Long at 2:25 but worth the trip to the theater. I had no idea his dad was white. Very cool flick. Go see if if you can.

JAH! RASTAFARI.

http://www.bobmarley.com/marley_the_movie.php

Didn't know there was a movie out, thanks.

Didn't know there was a movie out, thanks.

edit: poking around that link, there's a "Bob Marley Browser" that you can download. wtf?

"So, I was using Chrome but switched to Firefox, what are you using?"
    "Bob Marley."

Stoked to see it.

Don't think it's comin to Japan...bummah...
    パウダーバカ!!

ya mon! i have the browser!

the movie is good. i watched it on-demand.

there are some discrepancies between books i've read and the movie regarding his life. ziggy and blackwell made this flick, so it's fairly accurate i suppose.

Dude. Systemoverblow'd is gonna put a foot in your ass for posting in the wrong forum!

He's the new JONG SLAUGHTER!

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Smoked to see it.
    fify mon

It's available on demand on cable too.

Not bad.. some stuff I've not heard or seen before. Nothing earth-shatteringly new though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It's available on demand on cable too.

Not bad.. some stuff I've not heard or seen before. Nothing earth-shatteringly new though.
    Heard they're making a movie about a guy who is a door-to-door Amway salesman that always wears the same leisure suit....Earth shattering stuff!!!

this
    and THERE IS A MOVIE FORUM FOR A FUCKING REASON YOU FUCKING JONG

jgb@etree Guest
    Cool - I'll have to check it out. I just finishied re-reading Catch a Fire for the umpteenth time on the train this AM. Definitely one of the better books I've read on Marley.

Obviously the OP hasn't read it or he would have known that Norval was a pretty well to do white dude.

Bobby Stainless Guest
    Love the pic from the Catch A Fire album.

I liked this alternate poster for the movie.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image002.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	115817  

Bunny is pretty funny in the flick...but

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/enter...-FILM_11359008

Movie forum. Who would have thought...

SDSU education strikes again. My bad.

So I came away from this movie with images of Bob being a whore to money, a womanizer and a not so great father who also was a rock star and had a great message. Hmmmm...definitely new shades of Bob Marley for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    We don't make those skis specifically for Andy, but we make them specifically for kick-ass skiers like Andy who use them in freeride comps and the everyday comp where they compete against themselves.

jgb@etree Guest
    Where'd you pick up the money whoring part? When Jamaican people would line up for cash handouts from him to help their families, when he footed the bill for shipping equipment from England > Africa for a free concert, when he said that he doesn't care about $ but rather people instead, or when he performed more free concerts in Jamaica?

Watched the movie on demand last night, and thought it was pretty good.

Bobby Stainless Guest
    Bob liked the strange.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Where'd you pick up the money whoring part?
    I worked on the ongoing litigation between the various warring Marley family members, Wailers and Island records back in Jolly Olde.

Marley was never a money whore. The exact opposite actually. Which led to most of the fallout over his estate and ongoing revenues.

Chris Blackwell.... one of the most unpleasant and unscrupulous people I've ever met. You had to check that he hadn't stolen your watch when you shook his hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I watched this on my I Pad in the Hospital while my wife was in labor. Great movie. Kept me calm during the circus.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Cool - I'll have to check it out. I just finishied re-reading Catch a Fire for the umpteenth time on the train this AM. Definitely one of the better books I've read on Marley.
    There is also a film by the same name at Netflix. Link for the subscribers: http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayer?m...&trkid=2450709

jgb@etree Guest
    I worked on the ongoing litigation between the various warring Marley family members, Wailers and Island records back in Jolly Olde.

Marley was never a money whore. The exact opposite actually. Which led to most of the fallout over his estate and ongoing revenues.

Chris Blackwell.... one of the most unpleasant and unscrupulous people I've ever met. You had to check that he hadn't stolen your watch when you shook his hand.
    Your experience seems to be right in line with my understanding of Marley's life & personality - and Blackwell (iirc, they referred to him as Whitewell, or Whitebad) definitely is/was a scumbag.

I'm just trying to figure out if cptpowder watched the same movie as the rest of us based on his conclusions.

I was referring to the part where bunny left tour because he didn't wanna play in seedy clubs but Bob did because he wanted to make it big. Sure he did good things with his money and calling him a money grubber is prob not the right choice of words. In fact his whole non attachment to money and possessions was defintely something I admired.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    We don't make those skis specifically for Andy, but we make them specifically for kick-ass skiers like Andy who use them in freeride comps and the everyday comp where they compete against themselves.

Palladia TV channel showed the movie last night.