Page 78 of 227 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 5668
    Anyone KW-mags been in Cornice Sports lately and noticed Lhasa Pow demos?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus_CA View Post
    Anyone KW-mags been in Cornice Sports lately and noticed Lhasa Pow demos?
    The 191's are in there. The other sizes should be as well, but I'm not 100% sure on them. But the 191 Lhasa's, yes for sure they are there.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by jed peters View Post
    I built/designed that site as a consultant on behalf of AT&T.

There is backup power independent of KW's power.

Jed
    Then the timing was uncanny. I did not check before, but my signal returned just arou d when power began returning in the valley

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Funny, AT&T service was out when I rolled in at 1pm....just before the fire. Even did a hard reset to make sure.

Its also only EDGE. Just FYI.
    I blame the power failure on Powdork telling you, "you missed the power outage." KW did not want you left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    The 191's are in there. The other sizes should be as well, but I'm not 100% sure on them. But the 191 Lhasa's, yes for sure they are there.
    Thanks mang.

some clips from today @ Squaw. Fun day!

Quote Originally Posted by StormDay View Post
    ^^^ it is amazing how fast it can go from great to total shit in Tahoe and that it is normal for it to happen.
    yeah sorry guys, flew into Reno Friday at 6:00pm... and drove home in the drizzling rain. my bad.... but judging from the snow on the mtn, it looks like everyone got lots of freshies the days i was gone.

i am always open to donations for trip to HI or something

^^^
    Cool vids, looks like fun.

Yeah I have yet to drink the kool aid. Kinda hate touring on the Dukes.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by onehotchili View Post
    yeah sorry guys, flew into Reno Friday at 6:00pm... and drove home in the drizzling rain. my bad.... but judging from the snow on the mtn, it looks like everyone got lots of freshies the days i was gone.

i am always open to donations for trip to HI or something
    GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by unofficialandes View Post

some clips from today @ Squaw. Fun day!
    PURRRDY~

Hey thanks for posting these in YouTube. I have been having issues viewing your VEMO posts with my machine.

First Vid @ 35 seconds Double drop.
    Is some HARRY shit. Thats a line that I can honestly say (NO FRIKIN WAY) unless you held a gun to my head

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    186s, too. More soon...

Hitting South Lake this week.
    Kirkwood 1/2 Tuesday if they got their act together.
    Weds&Thurs at Heavenly(never been).
    Driving up from Sonoma.

Some pics from Pyramid Peak

Hiked up to Pyramid Peak from Twin Bridges yesterday. The weather was awesome, but the skiing down was crap. North and East faces were very rocky, so I went for the south face since I was alone. Up high it was very buttery, but soon it was so thin I couldn't ski further and had to bushwhack back down to the freeway.

Regardless, it was a great season's premiere for me, and I'm super stoked despite the low ratio of skinning to skiing.

Pyramid Peak from a distance.

Desolation Wilderness. Jakes and Dicks Peaks in the background(?)

1st Turns 2010!
    Dwell not upon thy weariness; thy strength shall be according to the measure of thy desire.

nice pics. that'd be Jacks and Dicks, rather than Jakes

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    nice pics. that'd be Jacks and Dicks, rather than Jakes
    Get a fucking clue. It's Jick's and Dake's.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Your words made the trip sound kinda (Mea)

But this looks pretty dam good

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Your words made the trip sound kinda (Mea)

But this looks pretty dam good
    Well what you see there is about 1/3 of the good turns I had

It WAS good though. But good from a touring and nature experience perspective.
    Dwell not upon thy weariness; thy strength shall be according to the measure of thy desire.

wow pyramid is a bold choice for a first tour of the season!

we hit becker on saturday and did some bushwhacking both on and off our boards

today we spent the afternoon at the soon to be defunct kirkwood backcountry hiking resort

ottime gets some rain crust freshies

jules said it was a great spring day.
    when the laughing dies down i'm always the one who has to face the facts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinskier View Post
    Did the lifts end up running yesterday? Today?

Bear was tits on Tuesday and Wednesday....though dealing with all the people was a problem. I really like the lower mountain at Bear. A LOT of airs down there and pillow line. Though they'll be covered later season.

I may be turning into a park rat...but Ill be a nice one not all steezy and douchy, or full of ego.

anyone got some dynafits they can part with? I wana drink.
    Hmm... I skied snow valley on Thursday and it was shit. Sharks galore and scraped out. There were some decent lines far skiers right, but too much work for a little reward. It looked like whatever snow they got was tracked out by Thursday.

Way more people than I expected too. I'm not one to bag on gapers, but damn was it a gaper fest!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khzRAfsoBXg"]YouTube- Follow cam. Dumont, Olsson, Schiller, Carlson, West[/ame]

i found this video attached to an ian brown song which i dig.
    enjoy.

Enginerd and I had a good 3 days up in and around Tahoe - including Kirkwood, Carson Pass, Rose Backcountry and Alpine. Putting together a TR later tonight, but here are a couple of previews:

Enginerd hucking somewhere at Kirkwood (day before the fire):

UCL testing to make sure the tore meniscus is finally healed:

Finally, some awesome FAIL by UCL in an aborto attempted 360 off a wind lip..... try 270 to face plant.

Some Shots of the past month...

Figured while I dump pics off my memory card I should share a couple of good ones of some nice baccountry skiing over the past month. Also stoked to see some more bc shots/beta up in here that I hope continues into our New Year.

Fist 2 is of Gimpy and I having a primo pow day off Carson Pass

Next one is what this epic line looked like in early December when a couple of us decided to ski it with a downclimb in the obvious area...phun day with a great crew!

2 shots of some amazing skiing we had on the West Shore for like, at least a week solid, right? That snow was so light, so fast, and it stuck around! Super fun and as you see in shot 2 the dogs got a great work out that week

Then last week we had to go south. Just too tempting and instead of going where we knew there would be a soild base to ski, we decided for a lower elevation line due to its aethetic quality and the hope it would be skiable. We figured if it wasn't in we could tell, but that sunrise shot made it look too apealing so we just went. Turned out be one hell of an adventure, but even with a down climb up high and some of thinest conditions I've ever been in (for such a line) it skied well and we had a great time in the Mayflower. It's really not that steep, super close to Mt.Tom, but it's probably a better one to wait to do in the spring Still so much phun for our first Eastsider of the season with hopes for many more.

A good month for sure, coming off some all time travels to Patagonia and Antarctica in November, a solid December locally, and although our forecast looks sunny for the short-term, I'm sure we'll all be getting some goods in 2010.

Happy New Year and Happy Turns Everyone!

^^^ Impressive early December line on Tallac, nice work!

Time to blow the dust off the camera. Here's a little mellow video of Alpine Meadows on Saturday with dhelihike and johaan. The music is more exciting than the skiing, but whatever.

Anyone up for a tour or sled skiing tomorrow?

^^^^^^^

Dhelihiker - Enginerd and I definitely ran into you at the top of the cliff chutes off to the right of Summit (I think it is called Idiot's Delight). We were all scoping a line and you almost collapsed a cornice. At least I think that was you based on the video above.

If so, please tell me you saw my amazing tomahawk fall down the chute after we followed you .... Took two turns and hit some rocks below the snow in the left side - double binding release and end over end fall down the chute. Enginerd can attest - it was a good one (fortunately missed the big boulders at the bottom).

^^^^

How did I not run into you fools at Alpine on Saturday?????

I guess I was skiing my favorite hidden gems as a lonesome soldier.