Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask KQ Claus

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Do you think agreeing to the wife's terms for divorce is a sufficient present?
    Or should I throw in a stocking stuffer?
    Oof. Hope it doesn't hurt too bad. Happy Holidaze honeeee

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Do you think agreeing to the wife's terms for divorce is a sufficient present?
    Or should I throw in a stocking stuffer?
    Not knowing what those demands are and if she is the type to appreciate the seasonal gesture I would punt this one until after the new year and have yourself a merry little Christmas . Unless, of course, you want to start out the new year unencumbered in which case I vote for pulling the band-aid off in one swift motion with no parting gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I don't want to go down this path in your nice thread. So I'll just wish for Peace On Earth and Good Will to All and continue to make my little secular contributions.
    Eh, I'm an atheist but I still give to Catholic charities. I don't have the means to get the money/goat/food/shelter to where it needs to go myself so I need to use a middle man plus I like the community support they provide for battered/homeless women.

There's always Unicef or maybe you could get on board with Bill and Melinda.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Hmmmmm, she is tough. Did you see that thing I posted about the notebook up a few posts? Sounds like she needs something that goes straight to the heart. A family portrait? Or maybe something practical to keep her safe while driving like a Rescue Folding Knife with Glass Window Breaker, Seatbelt Cutter.

Is there something you could sign up to do together? You mentioned cooking, maybe the two of you could sign up for a short series of cooking classes.
    Damn fine advice. I'm gonna get her that knife Cruz I want one! She will see right through it but it will be funny. And the family portrait is exactly what she would dig. I'll get a frame and throw one in. Might even rope a local photog friend into taking some family pics and give it to her in a card.

Thx! She will be stoked and I don't have to buy plane tix and a hotel stay like I was thinking. Raising glass to you KQ Claus.

Lesbostrap 3000 is the gold standard, no?
    Well OK then. But with or without the optional wool gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Less ambiguous than "SWEET BABY JESUS!"

Yet still seasonal?
    Let's put the merry back in Christmas...and here I never pegged you as a Trump supporter.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Well OK then. But with or without the optional wool gloves?
    Isn't the sheep's wool fleece enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Damn fine advice. I'm gonna get her that knife Cruz I want one! She will see right through it but it will be funny. And the family portrait is exactly what she would dig. I'll get a frame and throw one in. Might even rope a local photog friend into taking some family pics and give it to her in a card.

Thx! She will be stoked and I don't have to buy plane tix and a hotel stay like I was thinking. Raising glass to you KQ Claus.
    Oh no you don't - don't go saying the fancy plane ride vacation is off claiming KQ Claus said "no vacation necessary". First you paint your wife as someone who isn't interested in nights out and dining then you twist my words. You've just landed on my naughty list mister.

You want travel suggestions? I got travel suggestions. What's your poison, hot? cold? ruins? danger?

Since we've established that KQ possesses some style and is a legit member of the horsey set, care to give any recommendations on your favorite pattern of the Hèrmes Winter Collection scarves? Mrs BmillsSkier gets one every Christmas and I haven't a clue what separates one from the other save colors.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Since we've established that KQ possesses some style and is a legit member of the horsey set, care to give any recommendations on your favorite pattern of the Hèrmes Winter Collection scarves? Mrs BmillsSkier gets one every Christmas and I haven't a clue what separates one from the other save colors.
    Have you visited La Maison des Carrés Hermès yet?

You've got your silk twill, crazy pop, hippopolis, cashmere shawls, silk bandanas (a favorite of mine), vintage silk, giant scarves, tartan, etc. etc.

Have you visited La Maison des Carrés Hermès yet?

You've got your silk twill, crazy pop, hippopolis, cashmere shawls, silk bandanas (a favorite of mine), vintage silk, giant scarves, tartan, etc. etc.
    As a matter of fact, her last scarf was the "Maison de Carrès de Hèrmes" in pink/purple (birthday) in 90cm. I can appreciate the detail in each scarf, and that one in particular, but I'm at a loss for Christmas. I've done the seasonal ones in the past but she seems to not like them since a snow-scene/toned scarf has limited wear. And the selfish side of me would like to see the damned thing wore more than once every holiday season.

Now if you have a line on discontinued scarves I'd love to see it Mère Noël
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Hey KQ Claus, I have no idea what to get my Wife.

That Rabbit thing is tempting but that'll mean I get laid less and that's not good.
    This is simply not true. While I'll never understand it, women actually have this strange emotional attachment to us. But, toys are fun, man. Just jump in with them and she'll still have time for ya, if not more. Not to mention that the more exercise she gets the flexier she'll be. It's a common misconception that girls that can fit a lot in there are loose. I know a girl that can take quite a bit of my hand that can squeeze me so hard that it hurts, but in an awesome way.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Central Colorado.

And a follow up, what do you think of these?:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Lickstarte...shop-info-name
    You wanna talk about not getting laid as much...^^^

KQ - I'm about to move from Nashville to the Gulf Coast (condolences accepted in advance) and I'm with a girl that I love, and she loves me. She's doing exactly what she wants as a profession and she said she'd leave it for me, but I can't let her do that. I'm of the belief that relationships come, they run their course, and they peter out. When I get out there, I'm definitely gonna be looking for a tan little Betty in short shorts busting out of her confederate flag bikini.

What do I do about the girly here? Let her string it out, visiting for the holidays, sentimental gifts for Christmas, continued I love you's until she finds out I've met someone else...? Do I allow an appropriate amount of time for a grieving period before posting selfie's with Betty on FB (what I assume is the right answer)? Or do I go out there and bang as many chicks as I can and hurt her so she has a reason to hate me and move on, which is personally what I'd like done to me?

And sorry so long-winded here, but I'm probably gonna get this $100 promo edition red Taylor Swift vinyl she bought, that she said to take with me because she doesn't have a turntable, framed all record style. Good move or lingering reminder of the guy she'd like to ask her to marry that left her?
    Last edited by guroo270; 12-01-2015 at 05:37 AM.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Human fund donations for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    This is simply not true. While I'll never understand it, women actually have this strange emotional attachment to us. But, toys are fun, man. Just jump in with them and she'll still have time for ya, if not more. Not to mention that the more exercise she gets the flexier she'll be. It's a common misconception that girls that can fit a lot in there are loose. I know a girl that can take quite a bit of my hand that can squeeze me so hard that it hurts, but in an awesome way.

You wanna talk about not getting laid as much...^^^

KQ - I'm about to move from Nashville to the Gulf Coast (condolences accepted in advance) and I'm with a girl that I love, and she loves me. She's doing exactly what she wants as a profession and she said she'd leave it for me, but I can't let her do that. I'm of the belief that relationships come, they run their course, and they peter out. When I get out there, I'm definitely gonna be looking for a tan little Betty in short shorts busting out of her confederate flag bikini.

What do I do about the girly here? Let her string it out, visiting for the holidays, sentimental gifts for Christmas, continued I love you's until she finds out I've met someone else...? Do I allow an appropriate amount of time for a grieving period before posting selfie's with Betty on FB (what I assume is the right answer)? Or do I go out there and bang as many chicks as I can and hurt her so she has a reason to hate me and move on, which is personally what I'd like done to me?

And sorry so long-winded here, but I'm probably gonna get this $100 promo edition red Taylor Swift vinyl she bought, that she said to take with me because she doesn't have a turntable, framed all record style. Good move or lingering reminder of the guy she'd like to ask her to marry that left her?

Hmmmmm. Lots to consider here. The thing with women in love esp. with a man they want to marry is that even when you're blunt they still harbor the belief that eventually you'll come around and see how wonderful they are and pop the question or they convince themselves they are the ones who don't want to get married which eventually makes them bitter (Have you ever watched "When Harry Met Sally"?). My advice to you would be:

1) go ahead a celebrate Christmas with her either long distance or make the trip back but don't bring her out to your new place. Basically you are still are together and Christmas is only 24 days away. No need to be a Grinch about it.
    2) be upfront with her about the future being uncertain but make no promises. For now live in the moment with her.
    3) don't buck the tide - let nature take it's course. You may find Betty, you may find the bird in the hand was better.

Make no mistakes this is going to be hard for both of you. Words will be said but there is no need to be cruel. The high road is always the better option in my book and as cliche as it sounds, if it was meant to be it will be and timing is everything.

Now go out and enjoy the time you have left together and don't think about the move or Betty.

P.S. You can try soft-selling the "it's not you, it's me" thing but tread lightly. Better to walk away smelling like a rose than a turd. It leaves the door of possibilities open should things reverse themselves (refer back to #3).

Edit: If she's "When Harry Met Sally" then you're in a "The Family Man" situation. Hint: DO NOT watch either movie with the GF!
    Last edited by KQ; 12-01-2015 at 09:32 AM.

KQ,
    You may be uniquely able to answer this: My wife was way into horses when I first met her. She had a fancy dressage horse out at Woodinville, did the occasional competition, would go on these swank horse trips to Ireland or Majorca or wherever with her pals.. then she married me, we had a kid, a bunch of jobs and now ten years have passed. She wants to get back into it but in a low-pressure way...
    Is there any place in the Western United States (or Canada) that would be a good for a 2 -4 day horse-centric trip and be a cool getaway for her (or her and me and my kid, who have no interest in horses but are happy to ski, hike, etc). Something cheaper than the South of France but nicer than some roadside horseback riding place? Fancy is okay... esp. if I only have to do this once every 10 years. But it'd have to be a drive or short flight away (we're in Seattle). The thing she dreads is places where the horses look miserable or she knows they're not treated well... so someplace with spoiled horses and spoiled people. Thanks!

Hmmmmm. Lots to consider here. The thing with women in love esp. with a man they want to marry is that even when you're blunt they still harbor the belief that eventually you'll come around and see how wonderful they are and pop the question or they convince themselves they are the ones who don't want to get married which eventually makes them bitter (Have you ever watched "When Harry Met Sally"?). My advice to you would be:

1) go ahead a celebrate Christmas with her either long distance or make the trip back but don't bring her out to your new place. Basically you are still are together and Christmas is only 24 days away. No need to be a Grinch about it.
    2) be upfront with her about the future being uncertain but make no promises. For now live in the moment with her.
    3) don't buck the tide - let nature take it's course. You may find Betty, you may find the bird in the hand was better.

Make no mistakes this is going to be hard for both of you. Words will be said but there is no need to be cruel. The high road is always the better option in my book and as cliche as it sounds, if it was meant to be it will be and timing is everything.

Now go out and enjoy the time you have left together and don't think about the move or Betty.

P.S. You can try soft-selling the "it's not you, it's me" thing but tread lightly. Better to walk away smelling like a rose than a turd. It leaves the door of possibilities open should things reverse themselves (refer back to #3).

Edit: If she's "When Harry Met Sally" then you're in a "The Family Man" situation. Hint: DO NOT watch either movie with the GF!
    I appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks for taking the time.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

KQ dun opened a whole can o worms.

Gift advise to relationship advise to...
    watch out for snakes

The wife buys me kitchen appliances that she wants is okay to buy her power tools I want?
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    The wife buys me kitchen appliances that she wants is okay to buy her power tools I want?
    Sure why not but really what you two need to do is stop the nonsense and just start buying for yourselves which is what I do (I even wrap it and put it under the tree). I bought myself this:

Bread Proofer

sooooooo tired of my bread not rising (open house - hard to find a good warm spot). Got myself some sourdough starter too. Luv me some sourdough!

Quote Originally Posted by FJ62 View Post
    KQ,
    You may be uniquely able to answer this: My wife was way into horses when I first met her. She had a fancy dressage horse out at Woodinville, did the occasional competition, would go on these swank horse trips to Ireland or Majorca or wherever with her pals.. then she married me, we had a kid, a bunch of jobs and now ten years have passed. She wants to get back into it but in a low-pressure way...
    Is there any place in the Western United States (or Canada) that would be a good for a 2 -4 day horse-centric trip and be a cool getaway for her (or her and me and my kid, who have no interest in horses but are happy to ski, hike, etc). Something cheaper than the South of France but nicer than some roadside horseback riding place? Fancy is okay... esp. if I only have to do this once every 10 years. But it'd have to be a drive or short flight away (we're in Seattle). The thing she dreads is places where the horses look miserable or she knows they're not treated well... so someplace with spoiled horses and spoiled people. Thanks!
    http://www.highcountry-outfitters.com/Horse-Drive.html
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

KQ,
    Take a look at what this company has to offer. There is a riding/wine tour on the Oregon coast that would leave lots for you and the kid to do also. My former horse trainer (an Olympic level Jumper rider) and another friend who does Eventing have been on their tours in NZ and Ireland and say they are great.

Equitours

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

FJ62, if you're interested in an LA/Malibu horse ride vaca, let me know, I might have a connection for you.

KQ: Recommendation for a nice bath towel? I'm not a robe guy.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague