Page 100 of 268 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Fuck the Yellowstone club, I’m joining the Cimarron Club.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1741.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	856.2 KB 
ID:	290219

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Fuck the Yellowstone club, I’m joining the Cimarron Club.
    Cimarron Mountain Club??? Yesterday's news...

I'm starting my own club, Club Mag - an All Inclusive Resort for Mags

https://hallhall.com/property-for-sa...91Y00001wIy27/

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Cimarron Mountain Club??? Yesterday's news...

I'm starting my own club, Club Mag - an All Inclusive Resort for Mags

https://hallhall.com/property-for-sa...91Y00001wIy27/
    is this the hedgefund guy... jones dude ranch ?....the skii hill looks a little (L)tame...
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    FIFY.

People tend to forget, skiing at resorts is a business model, plain and simple. If a business loses money long enough it is no longer IN business.

I worked for a cool operation that thought, "Skiing is an amenity and hey if we have a bad year we sell a few more lots and make it up". They went bankrupt and were bought and consolidated, but for 10 years it was really a fun place to work and ski, now not so much.
    Yep, Vail was the first ski area congomerate to put the focus on skiing rather than real estate. That in itself is kind of cool, it was just a bit too successful and led to overcrowding. I really felt like Vail was laying the groundwork for little ski areas to become profitable again...that is until they started buying up literally everyone.

You're young, aren't you? Vail put the emphasis on skiing?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You're young, aren't you? Vail put the emphasis on skiing?
    I would like to know when this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I would like to know when this happened.
    Late nineties.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Late nineties.
    Buddy Pass'd.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Best Mexican Skier from Da South View Post
    For the record, this is a great time to be without kids and single while living in an RV. The Epic and Ikon passes have really changed my life for the better. I don't know what the fuck I would have in the memory banks without these big alliance passes... and there are still more adventures on the horizon. Yeehaw!
    i can relate to that. plus nordic, and walking up mts as well. not a bad time to be a creeper living in a van part of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Similar things going down here in Utah. So many people that used to be Alta and/or Bird passholders jumping ship to Ikon, meanwhile no incentive is given to stay a passholder at either resort, no reciprocal Ikon benefits at all. I wonder how much Snowbird's revenue from pass sales has dropped vs 2017? Although population growth is probably offsetting this somewhat?
    if you buy an ikon over alta or bird you aren't a alta or bird local

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    is this the hedgefund guy... jones dude ranch ?....the skii hill looks a little (L)tame...
    Jones owns an adjacent ranch that is over 25,000 acres. Jones is also an asshole to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Jones is also an asshole to say the least.
    Go easy on the guy, the DJIA just had a really bad day today.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Yep, Vail was the first ski area congomerate to put the focus on skiing rather than real estate. That in itself is kind of cool, it was just a bit too successful and led to overcrowding. I really felt like Vail was laying the groundwork for little ski areas to become profitable again...that is until they started buying up literally everyone.
    Heh, heh, heh

Other than the fact that Vail was one of the first, at least on a national scale, to focus on real estate yeah totally.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Heh, heh, heh

Other than the fact that Vail was one of the first, at least on a national scale, to focus on real estate yeah totally.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Actually, they realized that RE was a bad investment and moved away from it maybe a decade ago. Management, lodging, F&B, is where their focus is now.

Yeah, you know, those cranes you see in the Vail valley aren't putting up lifts or cheap dirtbag apartments. Right?

Yeah, you know, those cranes you see in the Vail valley aren't putting up lifts or cheap dirtbag apartments. Right?
    We also know that they aren't anything to do with the actual business of Vail/MTN. Someone else is taking all the risk building most of that shit, which Vail/MTN will profit off of through increased F&B, ticket sales, and other add-ons.

You do realize that Vail the resort and Vail the town are two different entities right? Do you think MTN owns everything in that valley? All of their info is publicly available as MTN is publicly traded, you should do some research if you really care so much.

You do realize that Vail the resort and Vail the town are two different entities right? Do you think MTN owns everything in that valley? All of their info is publicly available as MTN is publicly traded, you should do some research if you really care so much.
    Vail, the name of the town, is a trademarked entity of MTN. Anytime someone names their company "vail ......." like "vail liquor store" they pay MTN for the right to use the name. Same with Breckenridge. And while Vail may not own the town of Vail, or Breck or Keystone, they run those places. The governments/forest service basically do whatever Vail wishes.

MTN is actively pushing the Park City ski teams off the slopes at PCMR and the Canyons in park city, utah (a town name they also unsuccessfully tried to trademark after moving to town). Probably one of the more successful race/freestyle programs in the nation. And they want the teams to train at Snowbasin or the Utah Olympic Park (which doesn't have a hill that could support GS, probably not even Salmon).

Vail cares about profits. They could give two fucks about skiing. I worked at Vail in the early 00s, and the employees/locals at that time knew Vail was just in it for the money. Nothing has changed, except they've put more of an emphasis on profits in recent years.

Offering a "cheap pass" is just their strategy for monopolizing the ski market. It has nothing to do with providing more access to skiing for the masses. And if the Epic local pass is the only thing available to midwest skiers they'll likely price out most skiers that frequent the 22 hills they just purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    We also know that they aren't anything to do with the actual business of Vail/MTN. Someone else is taking all the risk building most of that shit, which Vail/MTN will profit off of through increased F&B, ticket sales, and other add-ons.
    I bet Vail sold them the land that those buildings are going up on. That sounds like a real estate transaction to me.

MTN just sold the biggest parking lots at the base of PCMR for development. Parking lots that fill up by 9 am on winter weekends and 10 am on summer weekends currently. My guess is they plan for the PC government to provide their parking lots (school lots and Park and rides) and probably an increased bus service to make up for lost parking at their ski area. They may not be the ones developing the land, but they owned it and sold it. And that's a real estate transaction.

Real Estate isn't necessary building and selling condos. Sometimes its just selling land for others to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Vail, the name of the town, is a trademarked entity of MTN. Anytime someone names their company "vail ......." like "vail liquor store" they pay MTN for the right to use the name. Same with Breckenridge. And while Vail may not own the town of Vail, or Breck or Keystone, they run those places. The governments/forest service basically do whatever Vail wishes.

MTN is actively pushing the Park City ski teams off the slopes at PCMR and the Canyons in park city, utah (a town name they also unsuccessfully tried to trademark after moving to town). Probably one of the more successful race/freestyle programs in the nation. And they want the teams to train at Snowbasin or the Utah Olympic Park (which doesn't have a hill that could support GS, probably not even Salmon).

Vail cares about profits. They could give two fucks about skiing. I worked at Vail in the early 00s, and the employees/locals at that time knew Vail was just in it for the money. Nothing has changed, except they've put more of an emphasis on profits in recent years.

Offering a "cheap pass" is just their strategy for monopolizing the ski market. It has nothing to do with providing more access to skiing for the masses. And if the Epic local pass is the only thing available to midwest skiers they'll likely price out most skiers that frequent the 22 hills they just purchased.
    Um, Breck the town basically forced a lift ticket tax on Breck ski resort to build a parking garage. They ain't the best of friends. Breckenridge brewery doesn't pay royalties to MTN or naming rights, Vail Brewing company doesn't either. You are making shit up.

And trust me, I hate that I'm standing up for Vail, but some people are just overreacting. I'm not saying that they don't do any Real Estate, they just aren't specifically a RE company.

And who woulda ever thought so many people would be so pissed about being able to ski 100 different mountains for under a thousand bucks a season.
    Last edited by shredgnar; 08-05-2019 at 07:13 PM.

...Breckenridge brewery doesn't pay royalties to MTN or naming rights, Vail Brewing company doesn't either. You are making shit up.....
    Nor does Vail Fine Wines.

Not made up:

Breck trademark (remember Breck was a town before the ski area existed): https://trademarks.justia.com/763/94...-76394213.html

Vail abandoning it's attempt to trademark : "park city": https://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/1...ame-trademark/

It should be pointed out MTN served cease and decease orders to PC companies.

Another article about Vail trademarks:
    http://mountaintownnews.net/2016/07/...-breckenridge/

And while this article may back your claims over some companies not paying naming rights, it definitely points out that they are beginning to "tighten the noose"

An example of Vail trying to enforce it's trademark: https://www.aspentimes.com/news/vail...rademark-suit/

There's tons of articles and examples of this, just use google
    Last edited by brutah; 08-06-2019 at 09:02 AM.

Um, Breck the town basically forced a lift ticket tax on Breck ski resort to build a parking garage. They ain't the best of friends. Breckenridge brewery doesn't pay royalties to MTN or naming rights, Vail Brewing company doesn't either. You are making shit up.

And trust me, I hate that I'm standing up for Vail, but some people are just overreacting. I'm not saying that they don't do any Real Estate, they just aren't specifically a RE company.

And who woulda ever thought so many people would be so pissed about being able to ski 100 different mountains for under a thousand bucks a season.
    1. The town had to force a tax on Vail to provide parking for their customers. Because Vail takes that for granted and thought they could use the town's parking infrastructure already in place when they sold the land for development that used to be their parking.

2. Real Estate is a large part of MTNs portfolio. They buy ski resorts and sell land that's not essential (parking included) for development.

3. I guarantee most of the Midwest ski areas they just purchased have season passes for around $200 a year. An epic locals is around a 100-300% increase from that. And I'm guessing a lot of those skiers don't travel west of the Mississippi often especially for skiing. They just priced more people out of the sport.

A bit more for a pass if you could ski here.

hiddenvalleyski.com

www.paolipeaks

2019-2020 PASSES

UNLIMITED SEASON PASSES ARE DIRECT TO LIFT!

HANDS FREE, HASSLE FREE CHAIRLIFT ACCESS! JUST PARK YOUR VEHICLE AND JUMP ON THE SLOPES QUICKER THAN EVER!

2019/2020 Unlimited Season Pass SPRING 2/19-4/30 OCT. 10/1-10/31 IN-SEASON
    ADULT (13-69)
    $309
    $409 $449
    Adult Pass w/Rental $448 $558 $608
    Junior Pass (5-12) $279 $379 $419
    Junior Pass w/Rental $418 $528 $578
    **Senior Pass (70+) $99 $99 $99
    **Senior Pass w/Rental $238 $248 $258
    ***CHILD (4 & UNDER) $99 $99 $99
    ***Child Pass w/Rental $238 $248
    $258
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Paoli Peaks, 1st place I ever strapped on a pair of Skis after ingesting 1/2 a hit of blotter, midnight to 8 am.

That changed my life.