Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Officially the oldest Boomer was born in 1946. They would be 72. Ended in 1955 so do the math.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Officially the oldest Boomer was born in 1946. They would be 72. Ended in 1955 so do the math.
    Boomers were through 64, not 54,,
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Damn Google. You found the right answer and I found the wrong one. Good for you. Have a cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Boomers were through 64, not 54,,
    Yeah but it probably should be about '54 or so. People born '45-'55 (or about) became adults in the '60's, and those of us born after grew up in the '70. Very different generations. We already thought the '60's kids were weird in the '70's. And a lot of their music already seemed ancient. Peter, Paul and Mary? Simon and Garfunkel? gtfo. The Beatles were long gone, so were the Doors. Sure some acts like the Who and Dylan and the Stones carried through but who the fuck was the Kingston Trio?

We were Skynyrd and Talking Heads and the Ramones and the Clash and a shit ton more.

Us '70's kids get ignored, there's not even a name for us, but we're cool with it because that's how we always rolled, and we pretty much kicked ass. Fuck a bunch of boomers and everyone else.

Um, when did "vaping" become synonomous with smoking weed?

I have been under the impression that vaping = smoking scented fake tobacco from those annoying pens and things that look like Star Trek communicators....

Everybody I know that smokes weed, actually, you know, smokes weed. They don't vape.

What the f%^k happened to bongs and joints?

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Um, when did "vaping" become synonomous with smoking weed?

I have been under the impression that vaping = smoking scented fake tobacco from those annoying pens and things that look like Star Trek communicators....

Everybody I know that smokes weed, actually, you know, smokes weed. They don't vape.

What the f%^k happened to bongs and joints?

Around here you can go to the store and buy a cartridge of your favorite. A pen is was easier than dealing with a pipe all the time
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah but it probably should be about '54 or so. People born '45-'55 (or about) became adults in the '60's, and those of us born after grew up in the '70. Very different generations. We already thought the '60's kids were weird in the '70's. And a lot of their music already seemed ancient. Peter, Paul and Mary? Simon and Garfunkel? gtfo. The Beatles were long gone, so were the Doors. Sure some acts like the Who and Dylan and the Stones carried through but who the fuck was the Kingston Trio?

We were Skynyrd and Talking Heads and the Ramones and the Clash and a shit ton more.
    Disco, fucking disco man, that shit almost ruined my adolescence.

Us '70's kids get ignored, there's not even a name for us, but we're cool with it because that's how we always rolled, and we pretty much kicked ass. Fuck a bunch of boomers and everyone else.
    70s was Dogtown and Z-Boys. 70s was Wayne Wong and the beginning of the Mahres era. Franz fucking Klammer. 70s was the true start of the DGAF era
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I don't think they were any tougher but what boomers had more than anything was opportunity, there is no way i could have what i have now with how little effort i put into it but not everybody necessarily recognised what was in their own best interest

America was untouched by war unlike yurp where was all kinds of destruction had happened

There were good jobs so your parents could afford to live in the suburbs and have 3 kids and own a nice Chevrolet

boomers were born in the post war boom, not sure why they say boomers ended in 64 ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

^this

Being on the end of the boomer gen myself, I associate as much with the exers than the older boomerz. My brother is 10 years older, he's a dirty hippie still, but one that got in at Intel at the beginning of the Oregon start up, and made some bank at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Disco, fucking disco man, that shit almost ruined my adolescence.
    I don't know who was listening to that but it wasn't us I know that. Probably it was the real boomers.

everybody

cuz girls liked the dancing and guys wanted to get laid so they turned up at disco clubs wearing white 3 piece suit just like john ravolota

right after disco was the 1st punk music
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Umm that's not the boomers singing/massacring those songs..
    Yabbut without the boomers originating the songs, those twats would have embarrassed themselves some other way.

why does the baby boomer generation suck so bad

Credit to the boomers. They did their early adulthood through probably the longest and toughest inflationary economies from 1973-83.
    Unemployment never went below 6% and peaked at 11%. That period in entirety is much worse than the 2008 recession period.

Although, it was largely the boomers from 1980 to the present that have borrowed and levered up on the backs of their children.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Credit to the boomers. They did their early adulthood through probably the longest and toughest inflationary economies from 1973-83.
    Unemployment never went below 6% and peaked at 11%. That period in entirety is much worse than the 2008 recession period.

Although, it was largely the boomers from 1980 to the present that have borrowed and levered up on the backs of their children.
    You know those two observations are highly correlated, right. The collapse helped some with long careers and perfect timing by fortune. Many more saw the company go bankrupt and renege on the promised benefits people worked and planned on in meetings with their planners for decades.

You guys are so dumb you let us elect trump, IMO. Anyway, I hear composting is going to be big. Big, I tell ya Jerry.

It has nothing to do with musical taste, just demographics--how many being born. 64 or so is when the WWII gets got too old to make babies.

I thought you were core with your Inside Llewyn Davis review. For shame faux Holden!

One thing that's changed is how much, or how little, music and mass pop culture trends. 1960-1970 saw a sea change in pop music and pop music culture. 2010 to 2020? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    it would be an achievement to go over 1k poasts itt
    Boomers warming up their chant:

“We’re #1, We’re #1”

Are you explaining the science of giving nicknames to groups of people Doc?

dunfree I was just trying to name bands that represented the zeitgeist as I experienced it. Now everything's so splintered, except Pop, and robots make that already.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    anyone else read the guiness book of world records
    and try to find one you could break? such a fun time
    boomers fucked up teh Guinness - now you have to pay to get in.

I never found one though. they were all either too hard or too boring.

no doubt. I'm the exact same, I don't actually have an attention span.

Agree with OP. KYS baby boomers.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Boomers warming up their chant:

“We’re #1, We’re #1”
    I may be wrong but I dont think we invented that.
    Are you explaining the science of giving nicknames to groups of people Doc?

dunfree I was just trying to name bands that represented the zeitgeist as I experienced it. Now everything's so splintered, except Pop, and robots make that already.
    It just goes to my point that what makes us so annoying, besides pedantry, is that there's too damn many of us. Or at least there were.