Page 65 of 224 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 5590
    WD-40 can also be a good adhesive remover and is generally automotive paint safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Acetone is indeed quite HC.
    D-Limonene based products are commonly used for certain glues, while isopropyl alcohol might suffice for others.
    Denatured alcohol would be better than isopropyl
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

So I brought a pair of skis with marker griffin sole id bindings along with my at boots into the shop the other day for a din check. Had a good talk with tech about compatibility and yeah I know potential pitfalls and glad you do, but that’s why I want them checked. Filled out the standard form. Got a message all ready so go in to pick up. Tech I talked to isn’t there. I asked person checking me out if they passed. He says yeah I guess so. I thought in the past I got a copy of the form back saying they passed. Nothing. Paid the money and left. Should I have gotten a copy of the form back?

I had bindings mounted last year. Got them back with the heels and toes different. I called and the person who answered--not the tech--said that meant they test differently. I would have preferred something in writing from the tech with the force measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Denatured alcohol would be better than isopropyl
    Why?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Want to run some string lights out from the porch to a tree in the yard. It's about 30' which is longer than the lights can go unsupported. So I was gonna grab a turnbuckle and some thin gauge cable to hang them. Attaching the cable to the porch is easy but how do I attach the end to the tree? It's a big mature aspen, maybe 18" in diameter. I'm reluctant to just screw an eye bolt into the middle of it for fear of killing the tree.

Thoughts?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Buy wide webbing by the foot at REI or some other local outdoor store
    Or get one of those slackline or hammock straps that are tree safe

[eta]we did this last year: avoid the trees altogether…we just put a 10’ tall piece of black pipe in concrete & drilled an eyebolt into the top & attached stainless cable to that. Then clip the light string to that; or zip tie if they don’t have clips.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1633532808.041194.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	778.9 KB 
ID:	388051
    Last edited by ::: :::; 10-06-2021 at 09:06 AM.

After we retired we too up screwing screw eyes into trees. So far no ill effects although all the screw eyes are into Jeffrey pines, not aspens. We do have 3 aspens--the neighborhood sap sucker has girdled two of them and the tops are dead or dying.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Buy wide webbing by the foot at REI or some other local outdoor store
    Or get one of those slackline or hammock straps that are tree safe

Name:	Image1633532808.041194.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	778.9 KB 
ID:	388051
    I was wondering if that might work. Just make a sling out of thick enough webbing and put a little slack in it so that it didn't damage the tree. Then run the cable from it and use the turnbuckle for tension on the porch side.

Unrelated, but that's a curious way you've got your grills arranged there. Aren't you concerned you'll burn your ass on the front one while you're flipping burgers on the back one?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    After we retired we too up screwing screw eyes into trees.
    Interesting choice of hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I was wondering if that might work. Just make a sling out of thick enough webbing and put a little slack in it so that it didn't damage the tree. Then run the cable from it and use the turnbuckle for tension on the porch side.
    A piece of webbing would have to be mighty tight before it damaged a tree, just give'r.

Webbing should be fine, but an eyelet sized to hold up lights shouldn’t damage a tree I wouldn’t think.

Downside with webbing is that it’s going to weather, so you’ll want to inspect it periodically

Don't screw shit into trees, especially higher up, that may get imbedded in the tree with little to no evidence it's there in 20 years. Some poor guy or gal running a chainsaw chopping it up down the road doesn't want to hit a hunk of metal with the saw.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Interesting choice of hobbies.
    Not a choice. Next door STR's deck is on the property line (not to code), so we can be 2-3 feet from a crowd of strangers. We strung a line between 2 trees on the property line and hung some light canvas drop cloths from it to give us some privacy and to make it harder for them to grace us with their cigarette butts, vomit, and piss.

As far as putting webbing or even rope around a tree--the tree will be fine as long as it doesn't girdle the tree but the bark will incorporate the rope or webbing over time. I'd go for the screw eyes, for a better look.

(The monkey-wrenchers like to spike trees, doesn't seem to hurt the trees, just the loggers and their saws. [I don't approve]).

Definitely not threadworthy; so what’s an STR, señor Goat?

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Definitely not threadworthy; so what’s an STR, señor Goat?

Short term rental--like an airbnb. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    I have two kids in daycare that are sub-kindergarten, which is like putting a kid through college at today’s rates. Will I ever get to spend this money on something else or will other kid related things eat it right up once they are in school?
    Will eat it up mostly, but at least you can choose what to spend it on a bit more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Unrelated, but that's a curious way you've got your grills arranged there. Aren't you concerned you'll burn your ass on the front one while you're flipping burgers on the back one?
    They have wheels

Me on grill night
    Name:  Image1633619637.576230.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  23.0 KB

whatever happened to andrew mclean? is he gone from the internet? at gitmo?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    They have wheels

Me on grill night
    Name:  Image1633619637.576230.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  23.0 KB
    I totally pictured you as Neil Peart with the 360 drum kit!

Rick in a cape is pretty spectacular.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Webbing should be fine, but an eyelet sized to hold up lights shouldn’t damage a tree I wouldn’t think.

Downside with webbing is that it’s going to weather, so you’ll want to inspect it periodically
    I saw someone use bike tire inner tubes to do this. Looked like he cut out the section with the valve and used a Rope Thimble to prevent a guy wire from cutting into the rubber inner tube.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

why is coconut water packaged in such a way that it seems impossible to get the last bit out of the container?
    skid luxury

Name:	Image1633827308.327454.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	257.3 KB 
ID:	388414

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    whatever happened to andrew mclean? is he gone from the internet? at gitmo?
    Someone in sprockets borrowed a pump from him recently.