• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 295 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    30 pages into the thread and hasn't bothered to get the basic facts of how this went down... tracks with his namesake and par for the course.
    I larfed...and went to watch the old Leroy Jenkins vid...an absolute classic.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    See, this is why everyone needs to carry a gun. To protect us from state tyranny. If those parents had guns, they could have shot the deputies.
    bravo!

well done good sir

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Turns out the cops didn't follow him in. The started tasing parents trying to enter.

https://youtu.be/dyXtymq-A6w
    Makes you wonder.

Govt cancels mental healthcare and allows unrestricted gun sales.

Lunatic is shooting your kids school up and govt hesitate to go in themselves.

You try to act and get tazed by govt or worse if you took things into your own hands and tried going in armed yourself you’d be a govt casualty yourself.

Madness

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

We’ve spent 20+ years telling police they’re more important than us. That they’re inherently heroes. We’ve let them have their dumb fucking blue line flag that says they’re better than us. Them not willing to take any risk at all to protect anyone is the natural consequence of that. You get applicants who want to be called heroes instead of those who feel compelled to serve and protect their community.

All hat and no cattle.

yep

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    We’ve spent 20+ years telling police they’re more important than us. That they’re inherently heroes. We’ve let them have their dumb fucking blue line flag that says they’re better than us. Them not willing to take any risk at all to protect anyone is the natural consequence of that. You get applicants who want to be called heroes instead of those who feel compelled to serve and protect their community.
    40 years - Warren vs District of Columbia. They don’t have any duty to you.

Joe Garcia, the husband of Irma Garcia, one of the two teachers killed in Uvalde, died this morning of a heart attack, said his nephew, John Martinez. Mr. Garcia, 50, had visited his wife’s memorial on Thursday morning to drop off flowers. When he got back home, he “pretty much just fell over,” Mr. Martinez said. They were married for 24 years and had four children, the oldest 23 and the rest teenagers. He had been riven with grief when he lost the love of his life, Mr. Martinez said. “I’m really in shock right now.”
    Fuck...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    That was a classroom door that was locked (some have even been hardened!), which at most schools, is a different beast than the emergency exit doors that are often much easier to open. Hardening schools is a difficult thing for many that will require new building with different architectural aims, perhaps dramatically so. I’m pretty sure I know all of the schools at least one person in this thread would have gone too contemporaneously and none were armored even though they claim so.

shove your smug pompous rationality up your ass, I was pointing out the stupidity of Bobby stupid, the definition of tgr tryhard dumbfuck
    But maybe not locked, actually:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F5CA625F-23B8-4CE0-B12A-701FB585FDDA.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	417443

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...GDvMAFVdkBccRw

Hard to know for sure. It’s difficult to determine if a classroom door is locked while standing out front of the school.

This is the same guy who said it was locked yesterday. Just lying to cover their asses every step of the way.

Reportedly "officers tried to enter the school, but the shooter fired on them, hitting some of the officers, Olivarez said. At that point, police officers “began breaking windows around the school” in an attempt to evacuate children, teachers and staff,."

The BORTRAC agents exchanged rounds with the shooter before entering the classroom. They also took multiple hits to a shield as well as receiving ricochet wounds upon entering the classroom. More details will emerge but so far it sounds like the shooter used the classroom door as cover to hold off law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Maybe we try to do what Australia did in response to mass shootings: https://fortune.com/2018/02/20/austr...ntrol-success/

Why is it possible for other countries to fix their gun violence issues, mostly, but we act like it's impossible in the US? That's not necessarily for you specifically...but just a question to the TGR masses.
    We have 10x more people, 50x more guns and no buy-in from the gun-owning public. There are clear logistical challenges to implementing a similar program in the US. Never going to happen unless Trump himself suggests it.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    40 years - Warren vs District of Columbia. They don’t have any duty to you.
    protect and serve

last time I mentioned that to a police officer I thought I was going to get tazed

here's looking at you Vergennes, Vt police department

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    The school district had a detailed plan to harden the schools. Didn't seem to work well...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZF2...NQwNyVsV0/view
    That's Not a plan - it's an administrator's outline.

dog. tj

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    We have 10x more people, 50x more guns and no buy-in from the gun-owning public. There are clear logistical challenges to implementing a similar program in the US. Never going to happen unless Trump himself suggests it.
    I know you're not arguing this, but your response is akin to saying we basically don't want to do it, but recognize it would work. There needs to be public/political will...yes, Trump suggesting it would probably make it happen. 10x people shouldn't matter...we have 10x the resources too. 50x more guns is an problem...but isn't that the point? we're trying to solve said problem.

Why is it possible for other countries to fix their gun violence issues, mostly, but we act like it's impossible in the US? That's not necessarily for you specifically...but just a question to the TGR masses.
    Because nobody with any real power wants to.

I actually think Trump would suggest something like that. He is not really pro gun.

I do not think that even the #forevertrumpers would jump onboard surrendering their guns just because their orange god commanded it.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

and no buy-in from the gun-owning public. .
    About 200 posts ago I posted that I support and like Australia's system. I'm a gun owner living in the US. There's more people like me. About 250 posts ago, I mentioned that one of the largest roadblocks to change is the generalizations from both sides and that we need to organize like thinkers in the middle. I was chastised as a hypocrite because I own guns. Really felt like that poster was saying my opinion didn't matter because I'm a gun owner. I guess we could just rely on Trump for a solution. His admin did ban bumpstops... Just a thought.

Trump suggesting it would probably make it happen.
    I think Trump is more the embodiment of his supporters than he is the leader of his supporters. Trump for example supports vaccines but his supporters don't so after he was booed at a rally for saying people should get vaccinated he never mentioned it again. Consider the amount of time and effort Trump puts into telling his supporters how much he loves them. It's a feedback loop. In reality Trump has very little leeway when it comes to coloring outside the lines before his supporters abandon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    About 200 posts ago I posted that I support and like Australia's system. I'm a gun owner living in the US. There's more people like me.
    Me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    I think Trump is more the embodiment of his supporters than he is the leader of his supporters. Trump for example supports vaccines but his supporters don't so after he was booed for saying people should get vaccinated he never mentioned it again. Or think about how much time and effort Trump puts into telling his supporters how much he loves them. It's a feedback loop. Trump has very little leeway when it comes to coloring outside the lines before his supporters abandon him.
    This. Trump probably had a better chance than most, but didn't want to expend the political capital. Which is another way of saying he doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Me too.
    count me in too.

I think Trump is more the embodiment of his supporters than he is the leader of his supporters. Trump for example supports vaccines but his supporters don't so after he was booed at a rally for saying people should get vaccinated he never mentioned it again. Think about how much time and effort Trump puts into telling his supporters how much he loves them. It's a feedback loop. Trump has very little leeway when it comes to coloring outside the lines before his supporters abandon him.
    do you think the polling on common sense gun control legislation is false? Because what you say can't be true if so...meaning if Trump said today "pass common sense gun control legislation" I do think it would move things in the Senate enough. I get what you're saying, him being the embodiment of his supporters, but to that end almost all of the Trump supporters I know are also vaccinated. I can think of one friend who is a huge gun nut, antivaxxer, and rabid Trumper...so I know what you're saying...those people exist...is it most of the GOP supporters and then is it also most of the folks in the GOP who want common sense gun control? Not everyone is like Leroy on the gun nut side of things. Most of the folks I know, myself included, who own guns mainly own them for hunting...that's not the portion of the population that's the problem, nor should they be singled out as such.

I think Trump is more the embodiment of his supporters than he is the leader of his supporters. Trump for example supports vaccines but his supporters don't so after he was booed at a rally for saying people should get vaccinated he never mentioned it again. Think about how much time and effort Trump puts into telling his supporters how much he loves them. It's a feedback loop. Trump has very little leeway when it comes to coloring outside the lines before his supporters abandon him.
    I agree also
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

no buy-in from the gun-owning public. There are clear logistical challenges to implementing a similar program in the US. Never going to happen unless Trump himself suggests it.
    the gun owning public is 1/3 of the US

I know you're not arguing this, but your response is akin to saying we basically don't want to do it, but recognize it would work. There needs to be public/political will...yes, Trump suggesting it would probably make it happen. 10x people shouldn't matter...we have 10x the resources too. 50x more guns is an problem...but isn't that the point? we're trying to solve said problem.
    Agreed. We don't really know the Australia solution won't scale to the U.S.'s parameters. It's a bit of a cop out to say it won't work here.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Me too.
    Yup, as is my case. I have guns for the eventual collapse of Murican society, but I would willing turn them in if it was National policy