• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 295 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    All my suppressors took over a year. Im currently on week 13 waiting on a SBR, which I could've bought as pistol and had that day.

The ATF makes no sense.
    I’m so sorry this is happening to you.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    it’s true though. Just like Bobby stupids need to compensate and post dick pics in this thread
    Why did the fire you? I can't imagine working for TGR is that difficult of a position. 30k a year? You really must be special.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Dunfree is still mad TGR fired him.
    hey Bobby stupid figure out who’s a prohibited person yet? I mean you can’t even figure out I’m not dunfee.

The predictable arc of a mass shooting thread - the always go to gun turds posting dick pics

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    I’m so sorry this is happening to you.
    These are the people you are trusting to make good decisions. They are obviously incompetent.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    hey Bobby stupid figure out who’s a prohibited person yet?
    If you need a job, we are looking for porters. 15/hr. Just dont steal gas like the last guy... Or we will send you to jail.

They make their decisions based on the laws our elected officials pass who are influenced by the gun lobby who you support by buying their products.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    seems to be working at courthouses across the country -

in multiple posts yesterday, I repeated clearly, I am promoting changing facilities design and operation, Not staffing schools with armed guards ;

I support gun regulation too -
    citizens don't need assault weapons ( nor access to assault weapons). ;

I'll look back dunfree - what solution are you advocating (?)

gun control (?)
    how has that worked over the last 23 years --

mental health (?)
    we seem to be at a point where people are willing to talk about mental health - and talking about anything, changes nothing.

... so I went back three pages, dunfree - lots of sniping, no ideas -
    ' great values are we teaching ten year olds! Is it worth trying!? '
    was a personal favorite. Thank you.

armed guards ? no.
    Safer designs And citizen involvement --

and you keep sniping from you keypad.

I hope you have a great day. skiJ
    Courthouses? They don’t have the same timed access/egress issue in my experience, spend far more on security & security personnel, and are afforded legal privileges schools aren’t.

Since you want to denigrate gun control how had it changed in the last 23 years?

I've waited 13 months for this. (short barreled rifle)

I could've bought this the same day. (pistol)

Go ATF!
    So, why exactly are you waiting then?

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    They play video games and then they can walk in and buy the same gun.

My son does not care for guns, because I know so many homes have guns I took him to the range and taught him how to safety check etc. glad I did. But from the games, he knew every make and model there.

My best crazy gun story. During Covid I walked into a gun store with a legit crack head at the same time. A sales person asked her if he could help her and she pulled out s pistol, holding it with two fingers and said “I need bullets for this” I almost hit the dirt. She probably paid $50 for it 15 min before.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Huh, wonder what differentiates the us from the rest of the world playing the same video game?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    So, why exactly are you waiting then?
    If "assault weapons" are in fact banned, this wont be subject to that since it's already Class 3. Like a machine gun or short barreled shotgun.

Most likely the arm brace thing will be addressed. It's pretty silly.

If only there was something we could do...

If "assault weapons" are in fact banned, this wont be subject to that since it's already Class 3. Like a machine gun or short barreled shotgun.
    why are you waiting?

They make their decisions based on the laws our elected officials pass who are influenced by the gun lobby who you support by buying their products.
    Part of the problem is that there's insufficient political support for even revamping the technical portion of those laws, which IIRC date to Prohibition and have pistol vs long gun definitions and regulations that don't make sense now. But I think that's small potatoes in the context of the gun death rate in the US.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

It's a bolt action AR style pistol. It is considered a handgun by the ATF. That is not a stock. That is an arm brace.

These are the people making the laws.
    You realize that this shit is largely because of obstructionism around gun laws and overly restrictive regulation of ATF and similar agencies right? You can mock the government all you want, but a lot of it is based on the narrow corridors created for them by existing regulation. They can't even computerize their records thanks to that.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Part of the problem is that there's insufficient political support for even revamping the technical portion of those laws, which IIRC date to Prohibition and have pistol vs long gun definitions and regulations that don't make sense now. But I think that's small potatoes in the context of the gun death rate in the US.

And yet imbeciles who don’t want to govern because they don’t believe in government keep getting elected

why are you waiting?
    Anything designated Class 3 is a registered item. The ATF requires a picture, finger prints, and access to the items whenever they please. The wait time has been about a year. They have moved to all electronic and it's supposed to only take 3-4 months now. Class 3 covers registered machine guns, short barreled shotguns, short barreled rifles, suppressors and things called AOWs.

The ATF could say arm braces are no longer legal. Those people when then either have to Form 1 their AR pistols or buy a new upper that is 16" long.

Im not sure if that is going to help you understand.

Congress makes gun laws, ATF enforces them.

Your obfuscation ability is normally impressive. But in this case where we’re discussing how to keep kids from being murdered and you’re bellyaching over having to wait for toys is why you’re viewed by most as an insufferable piece of shit.

Anything designated Class 3 is a registered item. The ATF requires a picture, finger prints, and access to the items whenever they please. The wait time has been about a year. They have moved to all electronic and it's supposed to only take 3-4 months now. Class 3 covers registered machine guns, short barreled shotguns, short barreled rifles, suppressors and things called AOWs.

The ATF could say arm braces are no longer legal. Those people when then either have to Form 1 their AR pistols or buy a new upper that is 16" long.

Im not sure if that is going to help you understand.
    I’m asking why you waited instead of the quick purchase

I’m asking why you waited instead of the quick purchase
    I want to have the Class 3 short barreled rifle and not the pistol. It's protected from any type of law that gets put in place because it's already registered at the highest level. The only other rifle I have is a bolt action hunting rifle.

Anyone can go out an buy a AR "pistol" with an arm brace. It's a sketchy way to get around the SBR wait time.

I want to have the Class 3 short barreled rifle and not the pistol. It's protected from any type of law that gets put in place because it's already registered at the highest level. The only other rifle I have is a bolt action hunting rifle.

Anyone can go out an buy a AR "pistol" with an arm brace. It's a sketchy way to get around the SBR wait time.
    Ok, thx

Congress makes gun laws, ATF enforces them.

Your obfuscation ability is normally impressive. But in this case where we’re discussing how to keep kids from being murdered and you’re bellyaching over having to wait for toys is why you’re viewed by most as an insufferable piece of shit.
    If you read what I am saying, the current laws don't make any sense. If I wanted a toy quickly, I would've bought the pistol version. I don't care about the wait. I think the wait is a good thing, even if its 30% of what it used to be.

Hence the reason I think all "assault weapons" (which needs more definition) should be Class 3. I don't like to tell people what they need or don't need. It's not really my business. However, if you want access to dangerous shit you need to go through some hoops. They aren't even hoops really. It's just the ATF making sure you aren't a felon or on a list.

While all this is sort of interesting it does not address the relevant facts that are dribbling out.

This kid was fucked up and bullied and people saw that and chose to do nothing. He had plenty of warning signs evident and people chose to ignore them. He was able to walk in and buy 2 long rifles, handguns and a boatload of ammo and possibly some tactical armor and the shop sold them to him legally.

Its not just the tools that are the problem.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Magazine size limits seem to make sense from a lot of perspectives, but IMO that cat is out of the bag. Magazines are relatively simple to manufacture, and I'm fairly sure you can 3D print them (or at least most of one) at this point. Trying to restrict access to standard military-style and larger magazines (I'm not willing to call a 30-round magazine "large capacity" when that's the standard for the class of firearm) would, again IMO, only affect the most by the book owners and provide the possibility of additional charges when one of the more radical types got arrested for something else.

Case in point: Vermont banned the sale or import to the state of rifle magazines over 10 rounds, and to date, the only widely reported case where they enforced the law was against a white supremacist who was also facing other charges for threatening, and they were able to get witnesses to discuss his trip out of state to buy the magazines.

I can't speak to the veracity of the suggestion, but I've also seen it said that in the event reloading becomes too hard, it's also possible to carry a bunch of revolvers and just keep switching guns. That sounds plausible to me.

The sheriffs departments are the ones who sued to have the unenforceable mag ban overturned in Co. They failed, now you've got this weird ass situation where stores openly sell technically illegal mags and everyone looks the other way because they never wanted to enforce it in the first place and it was just soem sort of experiment by the national Dem party.

Should have just kept them legal the current situation is not an improvement.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Semi and obviously full auto everything is probably not "necessary" for any non LEO individual who isn't prepping for a civil war. They're fun and certainly essential for law enforcement though. The notion of personal sidearms, even not semi auto is another can of worms. Probably only "necessary" for folks who have a dangerous job like bounty hunter or repo .. and folks who lave a legit violent stalker restraining order .

But as for everyone else.. Plenty of folks are just legit scared of strangers (potential criminals, assailants) and afraid to go out in the real world without a gun.. Some are on a power trip, embolden to no longer be nice to strangers and speak their minds so to speak.. i.e. bullies.. How do we tell them apart?
    Or lots of people are just trusting enough of their fellow citizens they are fine with them owning guns. Personally I think we should give every immigrant an ar15 and a green card, I'm fine with trusting my neighbors and feel no narcissistic desire to assert control over strangers, and see no reason to think that is what will solve our problems. It will only make them more complicated and harder to enforce and worse.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

If you read what I am saying, the current laws don't make any sense. If I wanted a toy quickly, I would've bought the pistol version. I don't care about the wait. I think the wait is a good thing, even if its 30% of what it used to be.

Hence the reason I think all "assault weapons" (which needs more definition) should be Class 3. I don't like to tell people what they need or don't need. It's not really my business. However, if you want access to dangerous shit you need to go through some hoops. They aren't even hoops really. It's just the ATF making sure you aren't a felon or on a list.
    I like that you’re addressing the issue that any dipshit can buy a high powered weapon WAY too easily and quickly. How do you and other gun hobbyists/recreational users feel about my and others ideas on real registries and insurance requirements for all firearms? If the responsible gun owners aren’t the problem, then they surely wouldn’t have an issue with sensible measures to facilitate further responsibility right?

People "trusting enough of their neighbors" have zero need to carry.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!