Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasatch 2017

We were told by a guy working there that they do have plans to extend up to the top. I think he said they were thinking another 7 - 10 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj.slc View Post
    To escape the heat yesterday I rode AF Canyon. Parked at the Summit did Ridge 157 to Mud Springs. Mud Springs was, well muddy for the first couple 100 yards, which required some hike a bike, but otherwise it was a great ride. Such a fun downhill. We ran into moto's at the bottom near the reservoir, but otherwise didn't see anyone on the trail. Mosquito's were out in force, so if you go up there where bug spray.
    AF is great. Riding there is as much about knowing where not to go as it is knowing where to go. Though, that is vastly easier now in the Trailforks age. You can do some epic point-to-point rides from PC or SLC via those trails. This was a fun adventure: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-City-to-Provo

Was Tibble still closed?

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    I hope they expand the trail system as it would be fun to go to the top of the mountain that the trails sit on
    I took my son on a 4x4 adventure up to the end of FR322 last summer. That whole basin has HUGE potential.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 06-22-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    AF is great. Riding there is as much about knowing where not to go as it is knowing where to go. Though, that is vastly easier now in the Trailforks age. You can do some epic point-to-point rides from PC or SLC via those trails. This was a fun adventure: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-City-to-Provo

Was Tibble still closed?

Yeah, Tibble is closed. We stopped and walked down the trail maybe 50 or 75 yards, it is bad shape. Probably a smart move to have it closed. But staying on Mud Springs down to Mill Canyon was really fun. The trail was in good shape.
    Thanks Shane

Tibble will be closed all summer

Contrary to popular belief, there's still single track to be had in Park City.

Damn skippy!

Crest is riding nicely. 3 snow patches and 2 downed trees on little water if you go out millcreek. Get it before the road opens!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170624_095737.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	208690

Crest to MillD is pretty much gtg. A few snow patches in the usual spots.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Damn skippy!
    Don't call me Skippy. Be like my wife and kids. Call me "Ugh, You again?"
    Last edited by YourMomJustCalled; 06-25-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Hey, that's my name too!

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, there's still single track to be had in Park City.
    Good running into you yesterday, however briefly. People were stacking up there and it was time to GTFO!

Met up with some friends and did Jenni's/Tommy's/3 Candles/Apex/Shadow Lake/Pinecone ninja connector/Pinecone/Spiro. Good times.

Good running into you yesterday, however briefly. People were stacking up there and it was time to GTFO!

Met up with some friends and did Jenni's/Tommy's/3 Candles/Apex/Shadow Lake/Pinecone ninja connector/Pinecone/Spiro. Good times.
    How was Pinecone? Much hike a bike?

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    How was Pinecone? Much hike a bike?
    No info on the top, we descended it from the Shadow Lake sneaker entrance. Completely dry from where we dropped in though.

No info on the top, we descended it from the Shadow Lake sneaker entrance. Completely dry from where we dropped in though.
    I see, I didn't realize there was a sneak entry. I'll have to head up today and do a little searching.

That road you cross when you're getting close to the switchbacks near the top connects to the shadow lake road near the top of the shadow lake singletrack.

Thanks. I didn't realize that was the same road. I've only been riding up there since last year so I'm still figuring shit out.

To be clear, it connects to, but is not, the SL road. There's not much reason to go that way most of the time, but we had topped out the SL singletrack and rather than just turning around thought we'd explore a little bit. It's pretty obvious that virtually no one travels through there.

If you got the time this week, the trails in upper millcreek are riding great, although there is some deadfall on the trails. It was great being up there yesterday afternoon and seeing so little people out there. rode up from birch hollow to the crest and then back down, only saw two other bikers from the start of my ride until I got back down to the bottom of great western. I've been riding the crest for 20 years and i've never not seen people on it so it felt really special. that route was also an ass kicker for this fat kid clocking in at ~26 miles and 4400 vert, but I guess I'm in bike shape now.

Name:	IMG_20170626_190343.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	208755

Name:	IMG_20170626_191058_695.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	208756

the millcreek gate opens this saturday.

Also, saw the dog lake to Deso connector trail. that thing will be fun once completed

[homer voice]mmmmmm mill D[/homer voice]
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Rode Crest for the first time last night. So much fun, such great views. Saw only 3 other people from top of Great Western to the road. That part of the trail was my favorite...probably not quite as fast once the gate opens I've got to imagine

rode some old school PC trails yesterday with my old man who is 68 years old and still going strong. We were going to do spin cycle, but he wasn't feeling the climb out so we turned around at the end of outlook and then I added like 10 more miles of singletrack like a jackass, but damn it had been awhile since I rode a bunch of those trails around solomere and I think we both were stoked on it! Turned out being his most miles in a single ride this year at just under 16 miles total.

I really have to stop doing that to people, the old "let's just check out this trail, I don't think it'll be much more distance/climbing." At least my wife is used to it now. Not as cool when its with your dad who had open heart surgery a few years back though.

For those of you not on facebook, PSA to be careful about where you park if you are riding the Crest out Millcreek. They have towed cars parked at Dan's and now UTA is threatening to tow cars parked at the 3900 S park and ride.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    For those of you not on facebook, PSA to be careful about where you park if you are riding the Crest out Millcreek. They have towed cars parked at Dan's and now UTA is threatening to tow cars parked at the 3900 S park and ride.
    So dumb! A few weeks ago the lady at Einsteins told us not to park in their lot cuz the landlord or whatever of the stripmall had been towing cars lately...

Quote Originally Posted by springsproject View Post
    So dumb! A few weeks ago the lady at Einsteins told us not to park in their lot cuz the landlord or whatever of the stripmall had been towing cars lately...
    You would think the grocery store and little restaurants would want the foot traffic of hungry mountain bikers ...

Makes sense to me. That UTA lot is packed, I'd be pissed if I was about to take a bus and couldn't park there. Then again, I've never thought of this until this thread, I've always parked there without thinking it through. Mainly because Big Rack Shuttles meets there. Dans seems like there is plenty of room though, but it's private property so oh well. Parking at Einstein's seems like a dick move, that place is small and has a lot of traffic.