Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

It's hotter than a whore house on nickel night

and there ain't no relief in sight. Sunday should be fun - High of 108, low of 73.

I can't wait for the 19th - only supposed to get to 96. Might have to break out my Fall clothes. <roll eyes>

Those numbers are more "half-fucked fox in a forest fire" don't you think? I mean, get real.
    DNC: The party of gays, gungrabbers, wets, welfare queens, babykillers and ambulance chasers.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

climate change is a fraud!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Burnt my dog's paw today on a probably too long for him in this heat bike ride. :'(
    I guess doggie bike season is over already. I may actually be acclimating somewhat, but it might have been a timing and shade thing.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

heat is greatly reducing productivity in these parts too ...

fark, it was only a few months ago the temp was cold. wot we see in the + was in the - ...

not fun ... melting my pressious snow !!!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Sounds like someone's electric blanket is finally getting the summer off.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I'd say hotter than two mice fucking in a wool sock.

Hotter than my ass crack after a jalapeno dinner

It's so hot that Dick Cheney just water boarded himself

Supposed to get all the way up to 74 here today. And the Polar Vortex is coming!!!

This seems to be the year of the polar vortex, either that or the media just invented them this year. Never heard of them before.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    and there ain't no relief in sight. Sunday should be fun - High of 108, low of 73.
    Damn it, that is hot. Good weather for growing weed though Maybe you need to start a grow op up there?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Damn it, that is hot. Good weather for growing weed though Maybe you need to start a grow op up there?
    W2 Council freaked out about a month ago right as an outdoor grow operation was set to plant - they had everything in place to get started, took all the necessary precautions re: security etc. then residents complained which resulted in an outright ban of all outdoor growing. Seems there was concern about the smell but hey.... it's cool to burn hundreds and hundreds of acres of wheat stubble creating ash and smoke and forkin' up ppls sinuses/lungs.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Supposed to get all the way up to 74 here today. And the Polar Vortex is coming!!!

This seems to be the year of the polar vortex, either that or the media just invented them this year. Never heard of them before.
    My Manitoba in-laws just called it cold weather.

In my opinion, -40F is fucken cold weather, but I'm from California, so I am a cold weather pussy. +40F is cold for me. Come to think of it, I am a hot weather pussy as well. We had 103F for several days this year (nearly unheard of around here), and it was fucken hot.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

High plains of CO and Kansas is supposed to have a cold front coming, that will get night time temps down into the 40's in some places.

Maybe that polar vortex thing mentioned above, but don't ever remember having this many cold fronts in the summer. We run along at 95 to 105, and then about every 3 weeks or so it seems like a cold front comes through and day time in the 80's for a day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    My Manitoba in-laws just called it cold weather.

In my opinion, -40F is fucken cold weather, but I'm from California, so I am a cold weather pussy. +40F is cold for me. Come to think of it, I am a hot weather pussy as well. We had 103F for several days this year (nearly unheard of around here), and it was fucken hot.
    Good thing you have a nice refreshing ocean just blocks away...

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Nickel night at the whorehouse brings out the Polish Virgins. Never heard of the polar vortex? Clearly you are not visiting the correct gentlemen's clubs.

Well well... we set a new daily record. Topped out at 106 and now we're having dry lightening! The fun just never stops!

(I hung some clothes out on the line - I think the first ones were dry by the time I hung the last)

It was only 102 in Wenatchee today and the RH was 13%. We walked a couple miles to my friends to pick some beans and didn't even notice we were sweating until we went inside when we got home. It's DRY.

88 at 8000 feet in mammoth today. That is hot for here. Been surprisingly still too.

103 officially today but the outside temp gauge in my Jeep hit 106.
    Started reminding me of summers in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    It was only 102 in Wenatchee today and the RH was 13%. We walked a couple miles to my friends to pick some beans and didn't even notice we were sweating until we went inside when we got home. It's DRY.
    How's that fire over there?

Rain and moar rain and wed a polar vortex? I take it.

Gonna ride like iys 1999.

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using TGR Forums
    watch out for snakes

cold front dropped the heat index to down below 100 last week. RH was still somewhere around 800,000% though...

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    How's that fire over there?
    It's not so smoky, never was that bad, and I think the fire has been less active. It has to fight the west/northwest wind if it's going to expand as it burned all the way down to the Columbia and the only fuel left is to the west and north of the fire.

I'll just leave this here:

Just back from an unfortunate trip to the midwest, it wasn't bad as the midwest goes, but it is damn nice to be back up at 9,000 feet.
    Living vicariously through myself.