Page 82 of 250 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 6250
    The Audi flavored Taycan.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Is he sueing back? Fire with fire.

Well, fuck, happens every day. Trump made a career of it. So, punch back. Or walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, fuck, happens every day. Trump made a career of it. So, punch back. Or walk.
    Benny your net worth is like four bucks.

The only punching you'll be doing is tongue-punching Musks stink eye.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    All other issues with the video aside, shouldn’t the comparison be a Tesla Roadster v the Taycan, not the Model S?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    All other issues with the video aside, shouldn’t the comparison be a Tesla Roadster v the Taycan, not the Model S?
    No.

Why would a coupe compete with a 4 door sedan?

That comparison would be better suited for a EV Boxster or 911. Which are coming.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

the roadster is charitably a running concept car at the moment. production is over a year out at best, no published specs. the drivetrain that's supposed to be in it is supposedly being tested in the Tesla development mules that ran these great lap times powered by a diesel generator.
    Last edited by dunfree ; 09-22-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

The Tesla that didn’t break down apparently ran a decent time: https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopni...1838221405/amp

“After wrapping up its first-ever Nürburgring test this week and heading home to America, it’s pulled off an apparent hand-timed seven minute, 24 second lap in one of its Model S test cars, a mere second slower than the attempt at the beginning of this week—but still nearly 20 seconds quicker than the electric Porsche Taycan. “

And that's why they sent a Tesla with a stripped interior, non-street tires, different suspension and a development powertrain. To get a headline so all the TEsla fanbois can say 'wow, cool'. In the end so what? It's not news you can modify cars to get them to go faster. This is decidedly not in line with saving the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    98% of the Teslas I see in my area, quite a number this year, are owned by second homeowners. Mr. and Mrs. Green saving the earth on the drive to their landscaped heated and cooled 2nd or 3rd + house in the country. Probably buy carbon offsets for the full green douche award.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post

Yeah, but what percentage of all the homes are 2nd's up there? You guys survive on tourism and beer.
    Approx. 40% second homes in the area. There is a new Model 3 plated in state in my neighborhood.

He lives in Vermont. Nobody owns GT3s or Ferraris. They drive Subarus.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160625_144532.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	978.4 KB 
ID:	294978
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

You know, when the internet started, one big yeehah was that there will be much more transparency in the future all around business. And yet, shit like this goes on, is reported, and then nobody seems to give a fuck. Not just this, but WeWork, Uber, all these other money losing stupid companies. Its painful to watch.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-lawsuit-says/

Edit: beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Name:	20160625_144532.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	978.4 KB 
ID:	294978

One run down lower 100 with the crap surface and dropping down to second gear for multitudes of traps and 30mph zones, and, it's back to the Lexus SUV.

Thank god the EU is putting some sort of brake on monopoly power.

An interesting week for our favorite visionary.

Cars are having issues driving themselves across the parking lot, imagine what mayhem the million robotaxis will produce.

tesla-smart-summons-accidents-driverless-car-

Union busting woes

hcnbc.com/tesla-violated-labor-laws-by-blocking-union-organizing-judge-rules.html

Timeline promises, we've seen these before

theatlantic.comstarship-commercial-crew

But the update includes Netflix!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

clown

When Elon Musk publicly called a British cave rescuer who had insulted him a “pedo guy” last year, the billionaire entrepreneur had no evidence to back up his claims. And while he later apologized for the outburst, the Tesla Motors and SpaceX CEO went on to hire a private investigator to dig up dirt that might support his unsubstantiated accusation.

BuzzFeed News has found that the self-proclaimed private investigator whom Musk hired was a convicted felon and scammer.
    calling the rescuer "pedo guy" was projection?

Musk has since defended his behavior by claiming “pedo guy” is South African slang for a creepy guy (though that’s been disputed) and arguing that he went after Unsworth because he feared he might be another Jeffrey Epstein. BuzzFeed News and Vanity Fair have since reported that Musk had been to several events with Epstein following the financier's 2008 guilty plea for soliciting prostitution from an underage girl, and visited his house “several years ago.”

Elon Musk's Statements in The 'Pedo Guy' Lawsuit May Melt Your Brain

https://jalopnik.com/elon-musk-wants...een-1838880738

Man, I thought all those people "had it coming" because "they were creeps"?

Where'd the elon fellators go? stuck in a supercharger line because 7 years after his promise they are still stuck on the grid in California and powers getting cut off?

They can head to Russian River and drink. Seems they have extra power capacity as well, bring your own cord.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 7.58.12 AM.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	553.7 KB 
ID:	297120
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

"Elon, Elon likes his money
    He makes a lot, they say
    Spends his days counting
    In a garage by the hyperloop..."

shocker.....nope

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    shocker.....nope
    It's no surprise EVs can only be as clean as a country's energy production. The methane argument in the article also fails to mention methane is released from coal and oil extraction too. A hydrocarbon's source matters for ICEs as well—fuels extracted from tar sands or oil shale are more polluting across the board than just about any other type of petroleum.

In the absence of clean energy hybrid cars are better but EVs make more sense in places where a higher proportion of clean energy is available, like California or the U.K.

And even if electricity to power EVs comes from fossil fuels, at least it's not burned in the middle of urban environments where cars guzzling petroleum produce many tons of ozone and particulate matter. Long term exposure to ground level ozone and particulate matter is akin to continuously smoking a pack of cigarettes a day over the course of a lifetime. The result is lung damage and increased risk of emphysema. Air pollution is also associated with, among other things, a higher risk of dementia, heart disease, DNA damage, and an increase in violent crime.

And a sudden desire for a 24/7 fast food diet, and liking rap music?

Violent crime and DNA damage? For fucks sake, who does these studies? What's the method? Who funds them?

And a sudden desire for a 24/7 fast food diet, and liking rap music?

Violent crime and DNA damage? For fucks sake, who does these studies? What's the method? Who funds them?
    Jesse Burkhardt and his colleagues at Colorado State University and the University of Minnesota. Using crime data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and air-pollution data from the Environmental Protection Agency, the authors analyse the link between air pollution and violent crime in 397 American counties.

Perhaps a third of all deaths from strokes, lung cancer and respiratory diseases can be linked to toxic air. In some cities, breathing outdoors is as dangerous as smoking 25 cigarettes a day. But whereas the health problems associated with air pollution can take years to manifest themselves, new research highlights a much more immediate—and violent—risk.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...-violent-crime