Page 1135 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 ... LastLast
Results 28,351 to 28,375 of 41265
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    its all good, I cooked him a braut in the lot. JL in blue....
    Ha ha! hell yeah, hawkgt with the solid hookup, lunch from the grill! Thanks again mang. Great party ski day! It skied quite well, it was really great to get up there for the first time this season.

Spring skiing rocks. Outlook for this weekend is a bit more wintry but grilling season is for sure here. Lets all just be safe out there, don't blow up the parking lot. .
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    current Front Range conditions are not giving me the stoke. likewise with all the slides despite the CAIC downgrade. at 76 days for the season I think I may be getting close to calling it as my best season ever.
    There will be plenty of good days to be had, in the next few months.
    128 days so far and I’m not scheduling my TKR until June.

Today was a 10 for spring skiing.

Nice spring day at Copper with my kiddo (she rocked it down Seventeen Glades). Yesterday was even better, I thought. Tomorrow will probably suck, so we're going to ride that stupid mountain coaster (I'm a sucker and caved to my kid's pleading) and then head home.

The season is getting better for me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Cool to see A-Basin running the lower lift until 5pm for the employees this evening.

RMNP was $$$ @ 10am today.

Back in CO after phenomenal spring skiing up in Jackson (although super warm in the late afternoon). Ready for the best month: April. Powder, corn and no crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    RMNP was $$$ @ 10am today.
    What aspect?

Silver on buffalo was a bit firm around 8:15 AM yesterday.

Interesting tidbit from Billy Barr, who has been keeping records in Gothic, outside CB, forever. Season snowfall this year is 7% less than average this year, despite all the reports of epicness. That's because SWE is 21% above average. All that wet snow is great for the base, but if all you're looking at is how many inches fell, it's not that impressive.

PS- Nice to see snow today, the last couple days and nights were a little too hot- time to lock that snowpack up again.

Quote Originally Posted by turbomike15 View Post
    What aspect?

We had great conditions on SE at 10 AM in RMNP yesterday. Overnight freeze was not super deep, so it seemed like a pretty narrow window to me. If we see similar temps set in again soon, that is probably a good target for sunny day SE drop ins for the next few weeks.

today is a zero at Copper. No thanks. I'll stick to biking from now on, I think.

Sounds good

Season is over folks. Moose out front shoulda told ya. Nothing to see here. Just start golfing or load up the car and drive on by on your way to Moab. Book that beach trip. It’s all over. Pouring rain at 12K’. Seriously. Don’t even try.

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    today is a zero at Copper. No thanks. I'll stick to biking from now on, I think.
    Yesterday and the day before were good, but it was obvious that today would not be good.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yesterday and the day before were good, but it was obvious that today would not be good.
    yeah unfortunately my buddy coming in to town was running two days late as always.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Ohhhhhh 2011...you were fucking magic.
    2010-2011... the one season I lived in Avon and worked IT on mountain at Beav and Vail. Rode every powder day and 120+ days total. Unreal year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PowHound84; 03-30-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turbomike15 View Post
    What aspect?

How’s the pack up there?

Quote Originally Posted by PowHound84 View Post
    How’s the pack up there?

Super thin and boney.

Loveland skied pretty well today!
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Super thin and boney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Super thin and boney.

I really love all the "how's the snowpack?" and "how was stability?" questions recently (here and elsewhere).

FACTS:
    -the entire state is above average for season to date snowfall
    -there was a big load and shit slid big, everywhere
    -CAIC talked for several weeks about the potential for historic sized avalanches, and about how digging pits/stability tests/cracking&whumphing would not give reliable indications of stability/instability
    -CAIC dropped those problems from their concerns
    -it got really warm; wet avalanches happened
    -it got cold; wet avalanches stopped

So, what the fuck do you want to know about the snowpack and/or stability? If you've been paying attention you already know what's up. There's a lot of snow. There might be weak layers buried very deeply but you're probably not going to impact them. If it's warm you might have predictable wet problems. If it's not warm and hasn't snowed the snow will suck. If it's not warm and has snowed you might have instabilities in the new snow. Anything anyone tells you about the deep weak layers doesn't mean dick.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I really love all the "how's the snowpack?" and "how was stability?" questions recently (here and elsewhere).

FACTS:
    -CAIC talked for several weeks about the potential for historic sized avalanches, and about how digging pits/stability tests/cracking&whumphing would not give reliable indications of stability/instability

So, what the fuck do you want to know about the snowpack and/or stability? If you've been paying attention you already know what's up. There's a lot of snow. There might be weak layers buried very deeply but you're probably not going to impact them. If it's warm you might have predictable wet problems. If it's not warm and hasn't snowed the snow will suck. If it's not warm and has snowed you might have instabilities in the new snow. Anything anyone tells you about the deep weak layers doesn't mean dick.
    But what are you really saying about the snowpack?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

FACTS:

However, the full forecast does mention potential deep instabilities on cold high north facing slopes. Yes they obviously don’t see it as enough of a concern to raise the danger rating but they do mention it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So Adrenalated gives an honest foggy goggles answer

I like it, either you know what day it is or you don't
    It's not early may corn season
    it's late winter still, just cause it's 60 on the front range doesn't mean it's all cupcakes and sunshine in the mountains

snow pack varies from location to location and face to face, either learn and figure it out or stick with meadow skipping and find someone to teach you

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    snow pack varies from location to location and face to face
    Exactly why I was curious about the pack structure on a specific line. Recent first hand knowledge is useful, especially when I’ve been out of state all winter and thinking about heading that way. CAIC has general snowpack discussions and forecasts but submissions of full snowpack profiles at different locations have been less than frequent lately. If anyone has problem with me asking about conditions in a CO weather thread, they can piss off. I didn’t get a straight answer and that’s somewhat expected but you can’t blame a guy for asking. At least it’s a better conversation than the typical “xyz resort skied well today” useless posts.

Last edited by PowHound84; 03-31-2019 at 08:19 AM.