Page 71 of 419 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 10468
    ^^^^Buckethead....thanks for the details and pics on Kmart. Dig the pics and will see you in a couple of weeks unless I can sneak out and do an ironman run up this Sunday.
    always forward but never straight

Great stoke atkinson and HA, and congratulations skrilla on the new gorilla! Taking my two biggest tinies out Wednesday for the first day of the season for us. Woot!! The tiniest is staying home, much to his chagrin (actually, he's quite pissed about it, had to promise him his very own day).
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

congratulations to mtnbiker/boarder and Skrilla Gorilla and their missus', fatherhood is a hard road but worth every second of it.

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    gtfo fatty ass^^^^^^^^^

someone pm this to him pleeze^^^^^^

rog
    Rog will you shut the fuck up already? JGB is 100% NOT POW. This isn't your goddam nail salon, so stop flapping your fucking gums like some gossipy, spoiled bitch getting a mani/pedi for her sweet 16, mmmkay? Nobody cares. Make yourself somewhat useful and tell another story or anecdote from your good 'ol days back in 'EleventySix when a stripper accidentally ground one of her herpes scabs off onto your moustache or something.

And POW- Either stop posting or I'm outing you. Period. This is creating an assload of conflict and it's effecting just about everybody BUT you and the whole grassy-knoll-shooter bullshitalanche is starting to really fucking annoy me. You have a real SN, use it if you have something to say. That is all. Don't even bother PMing me about this, people. No I'm not telling you SHIT. Your PM will be deleted without reading a word of it. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Appologize for jumping to conclusions.
    Pshhh.. Fuck 'em! Thank God you intervened or he would have been driving a logging skidder down the LT to plow a new slide path of his choice. Don't let their sugar-coating BS fool you! I saw him unloading one, gassing up his flamethrower, printing up trail maps and practicing his villainous laughter in the LT parking area just before you typed that! Good work Dave, your quick posting and unrivaled expertise averted yet another true environmental disaster at the hands of the ignorant masses. It's like Scooby Doo meets Mark Trail! Can I have your autograph!?!??

In related news, I don't know about anyone else but I am getting pretty goddam sick of the downward-spiraling dynamic in here. Fkna, I have so much fun when I get together with a bunch of mags like this weekend at K, the jaunt to WV, etc. but I am getting SO sick of just the supersaturation of shitty attitudes and social undertow that are staining every goddam page. It makes me sick that you debbie downers even got me irked for 3 whole seconds with your misplaced emotional crap. It's like I stepped in shit whilst on a beautiful scenic stroll or something. Why are you even here??? Nevermind, don't answer that. I don't care. 'Tis the season for my ignore list to blossom. Oh well.

Oh- and yes, I was wearing the onezie when I wrote that. Blow me.

Finally, to my peeps I saw/skied with this weekend, it was a blast. Can't wait to get into the meat and potates of this season with y'all!
    Last edited by DoWork; 11-19-2012 at 09:43 AM.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Holy shit do work... Took a while to read. Nioce...
    Skirillo congrats on your new one as well. He'll be a little ripper for sure. Weasel nice work my friend special love for the bowl
    always forward but never straight

Happy Monday all! DW, send me your mailing address, I'm shipping you some coffee.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Am I the only one who thinks the dynamic, attitudes and undertow are actually pretty great in here? I don't know what you talking about DW. Most of the ECRC is pics of people having fun and reporting on awesome conditions. (Ps high five to bucket head for killing it with three consecutive "last runs") Occasionally, yes, I see you and jgb posting about today's mood bracelet color, but otherwise seems like an epic ECRC taking shape with folks primed to be out skiing, and hungry for that first big dump. I know I am! Gonna be a great season. Feels right.
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Isn't this where AZ Greg chimes in?
    Silent....but shredly.

And for the record, I actually really do agree with the bulk of what DaveVT had to say, though I would take it even farther. I don't believe in cleaning wild lands at all, and would refrain even in managed areas unless it was specifically part of a management plan. In-area is another matter altogether, but even then, according to a managed plan.

Just because he misunderstood what I meant (and it could have been somewhat confusing, I'll grant...read my signature), doesn't make his sentiments any less well-taken.

Read the sig. Live the sig. Dig the sig.

Wait. I just did.

[QUOTE=Vt-Freeheel;3811761]
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    Morning to all, just want to say thanks for ALL the kind words for my wife and new baby. Sierra is well and would like a pair of kids WORTHS when they start production, did enjoy reading about the new poss, twin tip.
    VTF....how was the day on that dirt bike. Hope you enjoyed it enough to get one. Get a KTM.
    Looking forward to making some turns soon with a lot of you nuts and driving crazy hours.

Had a blast, soooooo much fun to twist and go gooo gooooo.
    My bike hoarding buddy Bill [11 and counting] has a KTM ring-a-ding he is working on to sell as the 300 he used to have was a little "peaky" shall we say and he prefers a stroker. Would need more gear and such as the jeans did little to deflect the flipped up stick that wacked my right knee.

The picture of Sierra you sent me was so cute, glad she doesn't have your mug.

You gonna be at the fall mini?
    First things first. Take off the kick stand.

As for gear, if you need some, drop me a pm - I have some older Axo boots, rock blok, etc... Might even have a pair off Fox motor pants (36). Stuffs just sitting around so I'm sure we can work out a screaming deal for you.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    And for the record, I actually really do agree with the bulk of what DaveVT had to say, though I would take it even farther. I don't believe in cleaning wild lands at all, and would refrain even in managed areas unless it was specifically part of a management plan. In-area is another matter altogether, but even then, according to a managed plan.

Just because he misunderstood what I meant (and it could have been somewhat confusing, I'll grant...read my signature), doesn't make his sentiments any less well-taken.

Oh, agreed 100%. I just love how Dave assumes nobody knows anything unless he himself has taught them. Kind of funny, actually. I honestly only had a problem with Rog's bullshit wild stabs into the crowd as of late and the ensuing unending speculation as to who his jilted internet follower is. I was simply making a joke about Dave's hopping on Bottle, because while he speaks the truth he obviously tends to be long-winded and overbearing in his delivery- that and I've taken shit from him in the past and feel like I am cleared for takeoff as a result.

I wonder if GP has checked on his active Act 250 permits "just because" yet lolololololololol...
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Driving a logging skidder down the LT to plow a new slide path of his choice. Don't let their sugar-coating BS fool you! I saw him unloading one, gassing up his flamethrower, printing up trail maps and practicing his villainous laughter in the LT parking area just before you typed that!
    Don't forget to mention the dynamite. I never take on any project without explosives.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Don't forget to mention the dynamite. I never take on any project without explosives.
    I thought that was why you liked LH's beans so much....

I wonder if GP has checked on his active Act 250 permits "just because" yet lolololololololol...
    funny you should mention that. i actually did check to see what permits were out for the MCSB. it's definitely worth being careful with what's publicly posted...

Stoke it bitches!

No pics but we gots white shit still in da woods.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    funny you should mention that. i actually did check to see what permits were out for the MCSB. it's definitely worth being careful with what's publicly posted...
    I said it then, I'll say it again. Working according to rules laid down by the Bowl management. I will assume the College's typically robust risk management efforts are in play with respect to their communicated policies. I put this question to them directly last year, and was told it was not a concern. Given their capacity for vigorous self-defense, and my work being solely as a volunteer, I remain unconcerned.

I said it then, I'll say it again. Working according to rules laid down by the Bowl management. I will assume the College's typically robust risk management efforts are in play with respect to their communicated policies. I put this question to them directly last year, and was told it was not a concern. Given their capacity for vigorous self-defense, and my work being solely as a volunteer, I remain unconcerned.

Yeah be sure to let them know GPetrics USFS police is out kicking your law-abiding asses... When he's not illegally cutting state and federal land himself, that is, lol... What a crock. You guys are beyond fine, and have awesome rules in place as does Magic- who he also took the liberty of attempting to police a ways back too.

It's just what he does. God bless the ignore function!

Link seems to be broken, TC... Stoke pics? Pleeeeze get em up. We need to refocus.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

You guys seem to think I'm cracking down on your efforts or policing what you're doing. I'm not. In fact, I'm quite stoked on it. On the other hand, I see absolutely no good coming from posts about trimming and cutting on public or private land above (or close to above) 2500 feet. At best, these posts are simply missed and/or never seen by anyone in power, and at worst someone in power who feels like being an ass decides to look into it to make sure every requisite permit has been obtained and every requisite dollar has been paid to the State of Vermont... see what I'm getting at?

And god forbid that same person decides "hey this was quite profitable for the SoV, hey I'll start cracking down on this EVERYWHERE" suddenly you just screwed a large group of people who go about their business in quiet in the woods.

Read between the lines. Rather than getting defensive, think about what you're doing and maybe adjust a bit.

Hate to see ANR crack down on everyone's party. The Mean Old Man was on the warpath two springs ago. I'd hate to see him coming back out...

It's just what he does.
    I think it's ultimately in all of our long-term interest to make sure that everyone is treating our forested land appropriately, including making sure the rules are followed, having discussions like this one, and pointing out potential problem areas.

I think it's robust discussions like this, and in communities like this, that protect our access to the backcountry. Just as with efforts in the climbing and whitewater communities to preserve access and self-police, this kind of dialogue is just what we need to ensure our continued access to and enjoyment of the land we love.

So thanks, GP and DVT, for your diligence. Seriously. We will all be better off for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    You make several good points but if you take a moment for self reflection, don't you find it ironic that the constant PUBLIC portrayal of your exploits (and I do love the stoke, don't get me wrong) have led to a massive influx of skiers and riders in sensitive sub alpine environments?
    well first... i only ski icy groomers anymore. so no.

seriously though, no, i don't. I don't post pictures of trimming or cutting anymore, and to me there IS a difference between posting pictures of skiing and posting pictures of trimming/cutting. the former is only circumstantial evidence of a cutting job (at best), while the latter is almost as good as eye-witness evidence of a cutting job.

That said, if you want to paint me hypocritical (or is it ironic?), there is some room to do so here. Let me be honest: I used to post pics of trim/cutting, and an old timer essentially internet-punched me in the face and said "STFU! the internet doesn't need this. THINK ASSHOLE!" and I was like "woah he's right"

he then internet-punched me again and said "show don't tell. it's how we've been doing it for years."

when the stars cleared i saw the light.

So thanks, GP and DVT, for your diligence. Seriously. We will all be better off for it.
    who you calling diligent? I think you're missing my point.

that said, the civility is APPRECIATED!

My point is simple though, and continued discussion IS ironic (or was it hypocritical?): posting pics and discussing trimming at, near or above 2500 feet on public or private lands in VT is risky business. proceed carefully.

I am glad we're actually discussing topics in here rather than yelling at each other. Thanks for bringing out the civility weasel.

I think it's ultimately in all of our long-term interest to make sure that everyone is treating our forested land appropriately, including making sure the rules are followed, having discussions like this one, and pointing out potential problem areas.

I think it's robust discussions like this, and in communities like this, that protect our access to the backcountry. Just as with efforts in the climbing and whitewater communities to preserve access and self-police, this kind of dialogue is just what we need to ensure our continued access to and enjoyment of the land we love.

Jesus, this is no time to get all reasonable and shit. Good post Sir, perhaps we can end it here. That would be nice for all methinks.

It's the conservationists dilemma in a nutshell. If nobody knows, nobody cares to protect it. If more people know, more people care, but the more it needs protection.

I fall down on the side of more public knowledge is better, so long as it's good knowledge. Publicizing the opportunities and value that wild lands provide is good for making the case for protection. Yes, that means more people may access them, but it builds the base of support for protection. Similarly with publicizing legit trail work. The desire is out there. Rather than have folks working surreptitiously, why not give, and publicize, opportunities for them to do that work in a way that is managed and beneficial?

The net is that I think we are all working at the same ends here, each in our own ways. Ultimately, there is no conflict in that at all.

And THAT, my friends, is STOKE!

I'm sorry, I just have to do this....

IRather than have folks working surreptitiously, why not give, and publicize, opportunities for them to do that work in a way that is managed and beneficial?
    I think we'll end up having to agree to disagree on this one. At least I feel confident you've considered my point. So thank you.

Anyway, as a closing remark (and to answer to your question), I'll simply link to a comment by another old-timer who i'm sure would like to do more than internet-punch me in the face sometimes... as much as he and I tend to disagree or be at-odds on many issues, his snarky comment from a few years ago sums up my thoughts exactly. (PS: is it weird that I often find startlingly prescient tidbits in old VTF posts that are making the exact point i'm trying to make?)