Page 1468 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 ... LastLast
Results 36,676 to 36,700 of 46052
    Redheaded ex girlfriends

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    You aren't paying attention. It has nothing to do with my kid, who gets an extra 35 minutes of sleep and is no problem for my wife or I to drop off as we don't have traditional 9-5s. It would be 8 and a half years before this directly affected us and I would be shocked (and maybe divorced) if we still lived here at that point.

But I have a PhD in educational sociology and am a data science professor at a college that this school district (which I've noted is already bad) feeds. This is very professional annoyance. There is no pedagogical way to claim this is a benefit to students. All the research suggests that high schoolers do better - academic achievement wise, mental health wise, etc. - starting later. To move the other way so you can use each bus more efficiently is very annoying.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    I don't think you understand or appreciate that this space is actually highly edumacated. I am paying attention, and I appreciate your reply, but I don't think you are listening. Listening to how your kids' problems of waking up, really make a fuck worth giving. To put it academically: Your fucking grom < No shits given.

I can flush that out for you, or I can do a sleep study and test. But, honestly, Fuck your kids.

You breed, you teach.

And anyone, try pulling a better reference out of your asshole than that. Unpossible.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I didn't think anything could be more annoying than people saying "like" constantly, but this latest trend where people end every statement with a vague schwa sound is worse. You know what I mean: "No way-uh! Who told you that-uh?"
    My daughter brought home the bro and the brah one day. Used it so much we banned those words by dinner the next day. Wonder what I said so much my parents would want to slap me
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I don't think you understand or appreciate that this space is actually highly edumacated. I am paying attention, and I appreciate your reply, but I don't think you are listening. Listening to how your kids' problems of waking up, really make a fuck worth giving. To put it academically: Your fucking grom < No shits given.

I can flush that out for you, or I can do a sleep study and test. But, honestly, Fuck your kids.

You breed, you teach.

[youtube]0mNBv5fwdXY[/youtbe]
    I don't understand how can you be paying attention if you keep missing that this doesn't affect my kid at all? Its literally not about my own kid, but rather an already terrible school district making decisions that are in opposition to almost all research on the topic.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    My daughter brought home the bro and the brah one day. Used it so much we banned those words by dinner the next day. Wonder what I said so much my parents would want to slap me

Respect.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    In my day when we had tsunamis we didn't complain! We grabbed our surfboards and ran right to it, surfed the surge, and then went to Algebraic Structures class at the university and set theories of isomorphisms in our wetsuits.

Cry me a river.
    Haha, not a surfer. Just someone who doesn't like getting woken up for a warning about puny waves.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Our (gigantic) school district just announced that next year they are moving start times for elementary schools back to 9 AM (from 8:25) and high schools up to 7:00 AM. Middle schools are in the middle. Basically they're doing it to save money as they can use some buses on three rounds instead of two and so use less of them. I find this is outrageous as every single academic study finds that high schoolers perform better with later start times. Our district is already terrible and this sure isn't going to help them. Plus, it makes it harder for parents with normal time jobs to drop the kids off. Just so short-sighted all around.
    Preach. 7:00 for HS is ridiculous. The chapter in Why We Sleep about school start times was incredibly eye-opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Haha, not a surfer. Just someone who doesn't like getting woken up for a warning about puny waves.
    Did you see the footage from Santa Cruz harbor and Pacifica? A 1-3 ft tsunami wave is not a normal 3 ft wave.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I didn't think anything could be more annoying than people saying "like" constantly, but this latest trend where people end every statement with a vague schwa sound is worse. You know what I mean: "No way-uh! Who told you that-uh?"
    Mark E. Smith is proud, somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

We have these emergency broadcast speakers all over town that they test way too often, yet when there's a real tsunami warning? Silence.

What's it gonna take, Godzilla?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Mark E. Smith is proud, somewhere.
    Ha ha. Somehow it's different than when Mark E. did it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    We have these emergency broadcast speakers all over town that they test way too often, yet when there's a real tsunami warning? Silence.
    Same thing.... I often get flash flood emergency warnings on my phone. During the big storms we had a couple weeks ago, or numerous times in the past? Nada.

Pretty sure it only was ever a tsunami *advisory* which indicated there was no risk of "inundation" - perhaps that accounts for the lack of audio warning?

Did the warning apply to the sound?
    I probably would have gone to see it just so I could say I did. Not often you get a surge of water from an event across the world. Of course I say that since the peaks I saw were in the 1-2 foot range and you had time to see how big it was in other places.

Saw a picture on one of the news sites this morning of water up to the door handles of some van in a Santa Cruz parking lot. Can't find it now.
    #vanlifematters

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Did the warning apply to the sound? I probably would have gone to see it just so I could say I did. Not often you get a surge of water from an event across the world. Of course I say that since the peaks I saw were in the 1-2 foot range and you had time to see how big it was in other places.
    The alert on my phone was accompanied by the same obnoxious tone you get with an amber alert.

Didn't go out to see the waves. Did see footage from news reports and couldn't note any difference from the waves we normally get here

We were up in Plumas County during the Dixie fire and kept getting alerts for evacuations with the names of roads that meant nothing to us. We were in the south of the very large county, the evacuations were in the north, nowhere near us but no way to know that. And the alerts overrode the silence on our phones so we had to turn them off for the wedding. Is this annoying? Not as annoying as burning to death. I'm glad they have them.

Hot tub panel decided to let the smoke out. Grrrrr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E0052FE6-0B08-42E8-99E2-40E04072041E.jpeg 
Views:	133 
Size:	270.0 KB 
ID:	401496

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post

You don't keep a spare can of smoke on hand?

Ordered a bunch of wine, scotch, and bourbon online, the delivery went out a week ago. Checked with the delivery service today to see why I didn't have my booze yet and it's marked delivered and says I signed for it. I'm guessing the delivery guy just saw what is was, signed my name, and is enjoying my Lagavulin now. [I'm sure the shop will make it right but it's still annoying.]

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post

My spa pack just shit the bed too but it’s discontinued I did find one though. $1100 FACK..

yeah, on fence to fix it. new panel is not bad, $500-$600. BUT, I need to replace some worn jets, small leak in an ozone line, etc..... 15 yr old tub and got WELL beyond my $$$ with it. first world problems.

Am I the only one who has a lot of batteries corrode and leak, ruining whatever they are in?

Name:  battery.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  201.0 KB

Had to go to the anti-vaxxer/mask butcher today because the good butcher is on winter break and the grocery stores have slim pickings.

I thought I could do a fly by - in and out real quick and it would be okay but nooooooooooooooo. The people who work there never wear masks and have an open contempt for those who do. Same goes for the majority of their customers - no masks and snickering at those who wear them. Never again.... I swear.... I know I've said it before but this time I mean it.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

One of my rubber boots decided to start loudly squeaking any time I walk on a smooth surface. I'm afraid this was a delayed response after I got the sole too close to a campfire a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    One of my rubber boots decided to start loudly squeaking any time I walk on a smooth surface. I'm afraid this was a delayed response after I got the sole too close to a campfire a few weeks ago.