Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Expanse

There's something unusual in the most recent trailer; curious to see if it ties into the final book.

Waah. Final book is amazing. THE EPILOGUE!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

SPOIL ME! SPOIL ME!

Seriously?

Well then: A thousand years after the Ring Network collapsed one of the surviving systems finds a different way to the stars and after some 30 other systems they make their way to earth. Earth is pretty backward and not many structures in space in the sol system.
    They land near the ruins of an ancient city and meet a broad shouldered man.
    They try talking to him in Chinese and he says... hmm maybe English my Chineseis a bit rusty? And the linguist is thrilled to hear someone speak perfect pre collapse English.

" are you a leader of these people?"

"I'm not into titles that much. How you want to address me? That depends on how this goes. If it goes well, I'll just be some random asshole. If this goes badly, I'm the first one you have go through. "
    "We've had a rough thousand years here, but if you want to come along and have a couple of beers, I'll get you up to date. "

Well played, Sir!

Season 6 starts today. First 20min of episode 1 rocked until my youngest woke up and I had to stop.

The Expanse

It was live last night as I was scrolling prime…just an fyi for those that want to get it as early as possible each “Friday”
    (I haven’t watched it yet tho)

Phillip is starting to act like he's having some daddy issues
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Normal growing pains; spoiled, entitled teens space ...... what could go wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Normal growing pains; spoiled, entitled teens space ...... what could go wrong??
    And add discovering that killing millions ist not so easy on your conscience.

Edut: one thing that bugged me: the number of rocks. The stealth components were really hard to get and normal rocks pose no threat to earth because of the ordinary surveillance systems. The TV changes that for no reason because the fleet was still pinned to earth in the books even without destroying half the planet.

I dunno what it is, but I continue to find Marko to be painfully, even cloyingly, melodramatic. I just cringe watching the acting. I don’t think it’s the writing although the character is a little cartoonish. I think I just hate the performance.

Never liked Marko in the books either (too shallow/no depth), but yeah, he's even worse in the show. And the whole Naomi/Philip/Marko triangle has been waaaaay overplayed. I'd be fine if Marko/Philip get their comeuppance in the next episode and we move on to the much more critical fate of the entire universe stuff. Hoping that that opening scene of the girl (Duarte's daughter?) on Laconia is a sign of the immediate future.

The girl is one of the kids in the strange dogs novella. She calls out to xan, her brother.

So ..... they have 5 episodes to finish the last two books and they toss in a DISTRACTION?!?!?
    THIS SHALL NOT PASS!

Ahm no. They finish with book 6

I like how it starts off. I’m in.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Ahm no. They finish with book 6
    Should have seen that; I'm disappoint. 5 episodes of family drama.

Damn, this show is so fucking good.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I only Managed a few minutes so far, but you gotta love Bobby "then we get in and boom boom boom that's it"

Fuck yeah. Fuck yeah!
    Episode 2 goes full throttle!
    I want them soo badly to continue in 5 years or so with season 7.

"The moment they have the data they'll redeploy the fleet. Let them come."

I'm binging the shit out of this, already on Season 4. Can't wait till I can actually go into this thread and read it!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Episode 3 is pure Adrenaline. I don't understand the ending though. Edit: I do now.

The laconia gate was mined and dark after the rogue mcrn went through.Here they seem to get some proto molecule super tech ship/ Cannon from them?

Edit: ah now i understand. It's straight from the books. And it's not laconia gate.
    It's RSRG 6. Rs stands for Ring Station.They are implementing the rail guns.
    thought it was laconia tech thing. Forget my second Paragraph

And can I nominate this for best space battle ever? I mean I knew it was coming, but it had me at the edge of my seat.
    Last edited by subtle plague; 12-24-2021 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Episode 3 is pure Adrenaline. I don't understand the ending though. It's not from the books as far as I remember. The laconia gate was mined and dark after the rogue mcrn went through. Here they seem to get some proto molecule super tech ship/ Cannon from them?
    Bobbie needs something to break.

I liked episode 3. But they seem to be running to many story lines to do any of them justice

The new food tech could go somewhere?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~