Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is/was the highest mileage pair of boots still in active use?

There’s a lot of old boots out there. Like skis I usually turn most gear over each year.

I know a guy who claims to have every available pair of Lange Tii boots in the world. He will ski nothing else.

However, I just finished up about four years (450 days or so) on a pair of Dalbello Lupos.

Another guy skis a pair of old red Salomons from ~2003, nearly every day. Jackson has a bunch of Lange Baby Blues that are still seen on the hill every day.

Who skis old boots?
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

And the spirit of telemarktips lives on...wtg skiing in Jackson!

I’ve got a pair of Scarpa NTN boots that I worked patrol in - ~100days/yr - for 9 or 10 years. At least two replacement liners. Broke the cuff once, Scarpa repaired it. A few buckle and strap replacements. Resoled once. Lots of walking. Yeah, they’re a bit soft but that’s a pretty fucking good run.

For my foot Scarpa NTN boots fit like a glove.

Dunno if this counts but... bedroom slipper soft, decomposing plastic kick and glide xc boots from circa 1987 or so. I take out the 210 fishscales setup once or twice a season to practice the drop knee on the lift served groomers. If there's a fresh knee deep layer of soft on a pool table smooth base, pow turns are pretty fun too. It ain't pretty but keeps skills honed.

Last edited by swissiphic; 10-07-2019 at 06:52 PM.
    Master of mediocrity.

Noice, another thread with legs!

I've got some Salomon Falcon 10s I use if I'm planning on skiing my LAB GS for NASTAR runs.

Head FR10.5s are my daily driver boot. Thinking of going full time to the Falcons but they are so damned heavy..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I saw a guy at Alta on rear entry boots. He said I skied these like so many days for twenty years that they were the best ever. Hope they never died. He took one step up to click on and they exploded. He was standing there on the footbed in his sock. Classic

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I saw a guy at Alta on rear entry boots. He said I skied these like so many days for twenty years that they were the best ever. Hope they never died. He took one step up to click on and they exploded. He was standing there on the footbed in his sock. Classic

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    See that happen on the trail about ever other year.. Ski hauling ass down the mountain with the boot lug still clicked in and some poor soul 500 feet up with one ski and a sock LOL

Lange L10. Lasted through 4 pair of liners and about 7 years
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I skied one pair of Trappeur Pros from 1970 until 1985.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I ski Salomon SX91's as an everyday resort boot. Have a few pair of backups in case of breakage including this NOS pair of SX92's still in the wrapper!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3799.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	877.7 KB 
ID:	296825  

^^^Fair warning.. It's not just wear and tear that causes failure. The plastics boots and bindings used from the late 70s through the mid 90s were total shit and break down simply due to age. I've seen brand new in box items from that era blow up on the first hint of duress. I suspect heat is what causes the most problems though. I was skiing some Nordica Comps from 1981 in to the 90s that seemed fine when I last skied them in 1998. I put them in a North Carolina shed and when I pulled them out around 2006 and put one on it cracked when I buckled it.

I love this thread..

I have a gaziliion days on a pair of the first year fulltilt bumblebee pros. I kinda keep waiting for them to fail somehow. I have had a backup pair ready to go for a few years. I’ve been able to really avoid walking on non snow/ice so that’s helped.

If I get to claim one boot model, I'm just another flexon fanboy, skied consistently from 1990 until last year.

My girl has skied flexons since 1980 nonstop, the current pair since 1994.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

What is/was the highest mileage pair of boots still in active use?

I have a pair of Flexons that are probably early to mid 90s that have a shit-ton of days in them.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I ski Salomon SX91's as an everyday resort boot. Have a few pair of backups in case of breakage including this NOS pair of SX92's still in the wrapper!
    Dedication and loyalty... impressive work.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    ^^^Fair warning.. It's not just wear and tear that causes failure. The plastics boots and bindings used from the late 70s through the mid 90s were total shit and break down simply due to age. I've seen brand new in box items from that era blow up on the first hint of duress. I suspect heat is what causes the most problems though. I was skiing some Nordica Comps from 1981 in to the 90s that seemed fine when I last skied them in 1998. I put them in a North Carolina shed and when I pulled them out around 2006 and put one on it cracked when I buckled it.
    Word. I Skied Hanson exhibitions for quite a few years in the early 70s. The plastic was fine but the rubber liners and wax bladders cracked and melted. Not good
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

So awesome.
    Master of mediocrity.

Thread drift? Maybe. In 3 weeks I’m moving into the Lange family home. My wife and I bought it from Bob Lange’s daughter last year, and have been renovating since. Bob founded Lange Boots in the 1970s and was arguably the inventor of plastic boots. His workshop in the basement was sweet, and stack of Lange Girl posters in the rafters was a nice housewarming gift.

If anyone has a pair of 1970s vintage Lange boots, PM me. Would love to have a pair out somewhere in the house.

Dude! That’s super cool.

If you’re ever in Salt Lake and want to find old Lange stuff go look at skitrucks. It’s a shitshow, but there will be old Langes for sure.

I still have a pair of old grey Koflachs.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Noice, another thread with legs!

I've got some Salomon Falcon 10s I use if I'm planning on skiing my LAB GS for NASTAR runs.

Head FR10.5s are my daily driver boot. Thinking of going full time to the Falcons but they are so damned heavy..
    I just this summer retired a pair of Falcon CS Pros from 2009. Many, many laps on those things. They fit great - hated to see them go. Yeah, they are heavy for sure, but nice and stiff, especially laterally. I think they made then stiffer than the 10s by just adding lead to them, since they weigh about 54 pounds each.

But they were red...

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post

If anyone has a pair of 1970s vintage Lange boots, PM me. Would love to have a pair out somewhere in the house.
    I've got a pair like this but blue/black trim instead of that classic orange. They're used with my retro skis..

These can be yours!
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/264249948039

One simultaneous double blow out. So no longer in contention.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cush113.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	296893

Those are rad!!! I’d wear them with a neon full-body snowsuit.

I have an old pair of Nordica Grand Prix’s from 1997. Feel like strapping two rocks to my feet, but boy do they help me carve.