Anyone used Spray.Bike products?

Title says it all. Seems like quality stuff, but I'm curious if it's worth the premium compared to something like Krylon Fusion. I have no plans to do any kind of crazy multi-colored or stenciled design.

https://us.spray.bike/

Anyone used Spray.Bike products?

Yep, I ordered up a couple of cans to paint my steel gravel frame. The stuff works extremely well. Just follow the directions and be sure to use it within the recommended temperature and humidity. It goes on like powder then has to cure for 24 hours or so and the finish comes out to be very even and durable. I’ve been riding the frame for about 6 months and it’s held up perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Did you do the wax finish? I'm leaning against it given the cost of this stuff with shipping. How did the color line up with how it looked on the website?

All I did was 2 coats of one color. No primer, no finish. The color matched the website perfectly. I’ve overall been impressed impressed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Title says it all. Seems like quality stuff, but I'm curious if it's worth the premium compared to something like Krylon Fusion. I have no plans to do any kind of crazy multi-colored or stenciled design.

https://us.spray.bike/

Hipster squids

Name:  Slide1_1280x640.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  49.7 KB

Can't trust it. Paint is like chemicals and science and shit. "artisan coatings" is not a thing.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Whoa, I managed to bring kidwoo out of the woodwork! In all fairness, there does appear to be some real serious enginerding behind the product and the hipster squids have just been given free reign on the marketing.

Ordered two cans of "Limehouse." Some of the reviews I found for Krylon Fusion reported fading, and they didn't really have any colors I was wild about in a matte finish.

Hm, so if I wanted to use it as touch-up paint for a matte black steel frame, would I just buy a can of black and try to fade it in? Maybe spray it on a sponge first?
    I figure with a steel frame, a sharpie might not be adequate protection.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Maybe spray it on a sponge first?
    That's probably a very, very hard no with this stuff. I'd try the fade-in, or mask around the area you need to touch up. Fancy paint like this seems like way overkill for a minor touch-up job, though. Just go to a hardware store and get a can of matte black Rustoleum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

Ordered two cans of "Limehouse."

If it doesn't work as paint, that sounds like some good shaved ice.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Figured I should update this. I'm really happy with how it turned out, looks killer. Pretty much everything worked as advertised--no dripping or running, one can easily did one coat with paint to spare, even with only one coat down there was no sign of the high-contrast areas of the original paint (though I did two coats anyway), and all the overspray was a completely dry powder that was easily swept or vacummed up which made cleanup a breeze.

The color was a bit dull at first, but after you do the dry cloth buffing they call for it looks much better. So much so that it gave me the idea to buff it again with some super fine 0000 steel wool after it had fully cured. That really made the color pop.

I forgot to take before pictures, but went from this:

To this:

First ride was a dream. GX shifting feels like Di2 compared to Tourney.

well done looks great, you use a 400ml or 200ml can?
    ive been debating stripping my steel dj frame, clear with flake or one of those clear tinted glazes might be fun over raw, one can isnt much investment...

I bought two 400 ml cans.