Page 1139 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 ... LastLast
Results 28,451 to 28,475 of 41810

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Can’t take credit for this...a guy I know’s sign for Halloween:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5144.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	343972

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    My friend in TN is living in a different world. Last night he posts videos from a full, maskless bar in Nashville, all listening to a live show. Today, posts pics from his son’s soccer tourney with no masks, parents and kids all over each other in celebration after wins, and hoards of people in the background watching. Nary a mask to be seen or any distancing.
    This is exactly why shit in the US won't be "normal" until there's a vaccine. If there's a vaccine. There are too many selfish, stupid Americans who don't understand the big picture and aren't willing to sacrifice a tiny bit for the greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    It’s as bad as reported. Yes some people get really sick and some die. Some have a mild case or no symptoms. Trump had a full court press with his case, basically they threw everything at him. Christie was in the ICU. Trump may not be spared, he might not have any immunity because of the early and aggressive treatment. His immune system wasn’t allowed to really respond. The Monoclonal antibodies and dex would suppress his normal immune response.
    What's the chances they're all faking it as a sympathy/fake news ploy?

My friend in TN is living in a different world. Last night he posts videos from a full, maskless bar in Nashville, all listening to a live show. Today, posts pics from his son’s soccer tourney with no masks, parents and kids all over each other in celebration after wins, and hoards of people in the background watching. Nary a mask to be seen or any distancing.
    Nashville comes in second in the country for Covid cases (behind Vegas).

Oh, and Bobby Stainless is an easily offended Nashvillian who sometimes comes on this forum and pretends he is a skier.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Close to zero.

60 minutes--twitter for old people--had a piece about a cruise ship in early March full of coronavirus that docked in France, the people were offloaded, kept crammed together, then allowed to fly back to Atlanta after finally being cleared. During the flight multiple passengers collapsed. when they got to Atlanta the CDC, despite having been notified well in advance, was nowhere to be seen. After hours local public health showed up, the passengers were given a questionnaire, including the ones who had fever, cough, shortness of breath, and all but a few who had tested positive in France, were turned loose into the airport to take flights home. Free to use all the airport facilities while they waited. 60 minutes managed to find about 60 of the passengers and something like 47 had tested positive. Most received no follow up from public health when they got home.

I believe the first 3 passengers to show signs of the virus disembarked in the Bahamas--one died-- and the ship continued across the Atlantic with the passengers eventually quarantined in their cabins--only to be exposed to each other in France and on the plane..

One wonders if CDC was given orders from the WH to downplay the incident or if it fucked up on its own--this is speculation on my part.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/flights...es-2020-10-18/

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    Nashville comes in second in the country for Covid cases (behind Vegas).

Oh, and Bobby Stainless is an easily offended Nashvillian who sometimes comes on this forum and pretends he is a skier.
    now how would i know ifin a 57 post jong who has yet to post in ski snowboard forum of a snow sports based community is much of a skier

mseries puts up or shuts up time 4 u

the cdc fucked er up would be my take on the cruise ship
    damn if fauci didnt say well yeah
    putting a "cloth" covering on your face from day 1 would have been best
    and we didnt want front line ppe horded
    but you dont need n95's
    just a homemade mask he pulled out of his pocket
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Used? He just put a nun on the Supreme Court. Who's using whom?
    shes not a nun dumbfuck
    in the new normal evidently
    juggalos have more comon sense, reguard for humanity, and mur intelligence than the president of the gold domers
    and didnt need to apologuise for their lack of the above important triats
    juggallos ftw
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

There is nothing that has happened that is as FUCKING stupid as this.

A good friends son and grandson who is a 12 yo goalie for a team attended this hockey tournament in Detroit this past weekend, 350 teams from "around the world". Here is a cut & paste about it:

The Motown Classic (October 16 - 18th, 2020) hosts more than 350 teams from across the world at this prestigious event. Located in Hockeytown, USA (Detroit, MI) this tournament is often used as a springboard for future hockey legends. Each team is guaranteed four games and an opportunity to explore the revitalized city of Detroit!

Looking at the list of teams I doubt the teams from Russia or the Czech Republic actually attended. Also I suspect the teams from Canada also took a pass as they would have to quarantine for 14 days to get back into Canuck land. Here is how this gets really fucked up. The players mom, wife of friends son had been exposed and was awaiting tests results when the father & son flew to Detroit. My friend tells me his son says he has a cold. I say you know he has covid and its crazy he would get on an airplane. He told his son he was being irresponsible, son oblivious. Friday she gets her results back and of course its positive. They play Friday, don't know the details but apparently the coach knew that he had another player who had covid but did not tell anyone for fear they would not be allowed to play. Something happened Saturday AM and their team plus at least one other team was sent home. So covid dad plus who knows how many covid positive players get on a plane and head home.

We are totally fucked, this won't be close to under control until the 40% of people who are willing to get the vaccine get it and another 40% build their own antibodies.

I do not understand how MI or Wayne County would allow a 350 team hockey tournament. Of course seeing as how the entry fee was $2000 or $700,000 in total my guess is there were some palms getting greased.
    Last edited by bigdude2468; 10-19-2020 at 06:03 AM.

Go to about 23:30 for Osterholm's rosy assessment of where we are.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4046.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	205.5 KB 
ID:	343998
    Compliance.
    Not difficult.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post

kooky conspiracy bullshit is kooky conspiracy bullshit whether it comes from the left or right. dont contribute to the hate

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    60 minutes--twitter for old people--had a piece about a cruise ship in early March full of coronavirus that docked in France, the people were offloaded, kept crammed together, then allowed to fly back to Atlanta after finally being cleared. During the flight multiple passengers collapsed. when they got to Atlanta the CDC, despite having been notified well in advance, was nowhere to be seen. After hours local public health showed up, the passengers were given a questionnaire, including the ones who had fever, cough, shortness of breath, and all but a few who had tested positive in France, were turned loose into the airport to take flights home. Free to use all the airport facilities while they waited. 60 minutes managed to find about 60 of the passengers and something like 47 had tested positive. Most received no follow up from public health when they got home.
    A friend of mine was in Italy in March, in the region most affected, and left right when things were being totally shut down there. When he got back to the U.S. he said Customs asked if he'd traveled to China or Iran. He said "no, but I was in Italy" and they couldn't have cared less.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    A friend of mine was in Italy in March, in the region most affected, and left right when things were being totally shut down there. When he got back to the U.S. he said Customs asked if he'd traveled to China or Iran. He said "no, but I was in Italy" and they couldn't have cared less.
    Wasn't there someone on the board with the sane story only it was him?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Not sure. I know a few were skiing in the Alps around that time (Euro Mini), but I believe they were primarily in Switzerland. Not that that makes much difference. I know Buster quarantined at home when he returned.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post

kooky conspiracy bullshit is kooky conspiracy bullshit whether it comes from the left or right. dont contribute to the hate
    I get your drift, but, we're talking about a WH that has lied to us thousands of times over the past four years, and now, just a month before the election, pulls a crucifixion and rising from the dead act. Mark me a tad suspicious.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    There is nothing that has happened that is as FUCKING stupid as this.

A good friends son and grandson who is a 12 yo goalie for a team attended this hockey tournament in Detroit this past weekend, 350 teams from "around the world". Here is a cut & paste about it:

The Motown Classic (October 16 - 18th, 2020) hosts more than 350 teams from across the world at this prestigious event. Located in Hockeytown, USA (Detroit, MI) this tournament is often used as a springboard for future hockey legends. Each team is guaranteed four games and an opportunity to explore the revitalized city of Detroit!

Looking at the list of teams I doubt the teams from Russia or the Czech Republic actually attended. Also I suspect the teams from Canada also took a pass as they would have to quarantine for 14 days to get back into Canuck land. Here is how this gets really fucked up. The players mom, wife of friends son had been exposed and was awaiting tests results when the father & son flew to Detroit. My friend tells me his son says he has a cold. I say you know he has covid and its crazy he would get on an airplane. He told his son he was being irresponsible, son oblivious. Friday she gets her results back and of course its positive. They play Friday, don't know the details but apparently the coach knew that he had another player who had covid but did not tell anyone for fear they would not be allowed to play. Something happened Saturday AM and their team plus at least one other team was sent home. So covid dad plus who knows how many covid positive players get on a plane and head home.

We are totally fucked, this won't be close to under control until the 40% of people who are willing to get the vaccine get it and another 40% build their own antibodies.

I do not understand how MI or Wayne County would allow a 350 team hockey tournament. Of course seeing as how the entry fee was $2000 or $700,000 in total my guess is there were some palms getting greased.
    When was the lost time Detroit did anything responsible? Seriously. 1940?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    When was the lost time Detroit did anything responsible? Seriously. 1940?
    When the 1973 Firebird SD was released

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I dunno, seemed kinda insane at the time. It did happen to me when I was returning from Euro-BBI, leaving the morning after Drumpf's announcement. We'd been skiing in St Anton with nordkette, about 10 miles from superspreader Ischgl and less than a week after they'd locked down the entirety of northern Italy a few miles further, across the border. US customs official looked at me a bit suspiciously and asked if I was in from China, told him no, I was coming from Zurich and he shrugged. But they wouldn't allow me in the Delta skylounge at JFK, prolly 'cause of my ethnicity.

No, it makes me think that Regenron cocktail might work well and needs to be scaled up quickly, which I know is hard.

Or he and his jokers faked the whole thing in desperation to get votes and it backfired.
    Don't really think he faked it, but yeah, he lies about everything else. I do feel compelled to add that I personally don't think Regeneron is the silver bullet it's Trumped up to be either, just another tool in the toolkit, an expen$$$ive one at that, and prolly not terribly helpful if given too late. The first (and I think only) patient to receive it in Utah under compassionate use is on our unit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    X
    I like that graphic. Where's it from? Makes it look like California has been largely spared though?

Trump saying the quiet part out loud again. Hope to see more of this kind of "fuck it" disclose over the next two weeks.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.40.44 AM.png
Views: 526
Size:  43.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Trump saying the quiet part out loud again. Hope to see more of this kind of "fuck it" disclose over the next two weeks.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.40.44 AM.png
Views: 526
Size:  43.7 KB
    Thinking Fauci's 60mins interview was just a tiny bit of pay back for the ad that mischaracterized his words. Fauci's not a man to play politics but there is a line and I think Trump finally crossed it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    The players mom, wife of friends son had been exposed and was awaiting tests results when the father & son flew to Detroit. My friend tells me his son says he has a cold. I say you know he has covid and its crazy he would get on an airplane. He told his son he was being irresponsible, son oblivious.
    I'm having trouble following the narrative. The father told his 12 year old son he was being irresponsible, but still allowed him to get on a plane and fly to Detroit, or am I missing something?