Page 1294 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 ... LastLast
Results 32,326 to 32,350 of 46052
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Maybe not easiest ever, in the world though.
    Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Choss Jonger, Sr. View Post
    Your first covid mask left in my parking lot, trail, etc. sorta like the proverbial Coney Island whitefish but way sicker.

Also the deletion of the SAR guy thread. Weak sauce.

weak sauce, indeed. sometimes you just gotta cut your losses.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Prove me wrong.
    "ever, in the world"
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    No good deed goes unpunished. That annoys me.

Ok this is too crazy. Technically I was punished because I spent some time and effort looking through some bags of sticks and maybe lost a little sleep over it. But I took these bags to a local gardener for winter ground cover and told them about it, and they found it. Weird universe.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    "ever, in the world"
    Well, so far.

In fairness, the SS card was pretty cutting edge in the Reagan administration. Perhaps all I should have said is that it's ridiculously easy to counterfeit given today's technology. Or the technology of, say, 1990.

All the house in Portland have converted their garages into living space so they can claim “potential ADU” space and charge more money. I just want a place for bikes and skis and the motorcycle

I still have my original SS card. It's funny to see my signature compress because I was running out of space. I don't even think I knew what a signature was at that time.

Doing some Christmas shopping.... Patagonia’s website is almost unusable. For fucksake, I don’t need things to load in some clever fucking way so I can scroll horizontally and vertically within a bunch of non-categories. Show me small pictures of all your wares within meaningful categories, and if I want to see it bigger I’ll click on it, and then you can show me a big picture.

Why is that so fucking hard. Not sustainable enough? If your big schtick is to buy what you need and use what you have, why are you going to such ridiculous lengths to show me things I’m not looking for? Or are you trying to piss me off to the point that I just close my browser and go do something else? Because if that’s your goal it’s fucking genius and is exactly what I’ve done no fewer than 3 times in the last couple weeks.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Doing some Christmas shopping.... Patagonia’s website is almost unusable. For fucksake, I don’t need things to load in some clever fucking way so I can scroll horizontally and vertically within a bunch of non-categories. Show me small pictures of all your wares within meaningful categories, and if I want to see it bigger I’ll click on it, and then you can show me a big picture.

Why is that so fucking hard. Not sustainable enough? If your big schtick is to buy what you need and use what you have, why are you going to such ridiculous lengths to show me things I’m not looking for? Or are you trying to piss me off to the point that I just close my browser and go do something else? Because if that’s your goal it’s fucking genius and is exactly what I’ve done no fewer than 3 times in the last couple weeks.
    Ha, I know exactly what you are talking about. I still bought a R2 hoody, but would have bought more probably.

Perhaps this belongs in the covid thread...but...
    Portland OR (well most of Oregon, really) residents who just have to go socialize with their friends.
    Our Covid counts the last few weeks are WAY WAY up.
    We've done pretty well, at least till Halloween came around!

If you guys keep this up, it's going to get really bad.

And the Oregon restaurant/lodging association.
    They're a whiny lot, IMO.
    Instead of really saying "People, if you keep going out visiting, we'll go out of business. If you really care about your local restaurant, or bar, then STAY THE F HOME. WEAR THE DAMN MASK! Please, we want to keep employing people and stay in business - but if you're dumb and spread Covid everywhere, we're going to get the bullet! So, please stop doing that - please be responsible - please stay away from larger groups of people!"

Instead they whine about how unjust/unfair it is. And perhaps it is unfair - I'm not sure. (I'm certainly not ready to concede that point - but just for the sake of argument, lets assume it's right.)

Instead of using their air-time to ask everyone to help them stay in business while keeping covid in check, they just waste it whining. Man that annoys me.

The whole "you're killing business" whine just .... man. If you want to help business, then do your part to keep people from getting sick. Non sick people can go out to restaurants, bars, stores, etc. If you have masses of infectious people circulating in your community, well business isn't going to fare all that well - no matter what you wish, or how unfair it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Anjou Bakery in Cashmere has killer baguettes I’ll eat them plain
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4196.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	255.8 KB 
ID:	349269
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Mice in my goddamn snowmobile trailer. Time to rewire the trailer and to pray the sled starts.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post

Looks delicious. Wife would be disappointed I didn't get her anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post

Yup, the Patagonia site... holy fuck what a pain in the ass that is. I gave up looking for anything soon into it.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Thanks for the reminder.

Where is this sweets available at?

When dictating numbers over the phone to a customer service rep and they feel the need to say "Yep" "Uh huh" between every number set, which means that they don't hear the numbers that you are saying and you have to repeat them again, and on and on. Then the number gets all screwed up and you end up trying all over again. I swear, it could be a Monte Python skit, or SNL perhaps.

I try to avoid giving numbers or anything else important to a rep on the phone. Better to do it online where you can double check the numbers. Especially since my wife says my voice is hard to hear (even though she has no problem hearing exactly what I say when I mutter under my breath). Unfortunately I am required to do it by phone if I want to withdraw or roll over from my 401K.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    All the house in Portland have converted their garages into living space so they can claim “potential ADU” space and charge more money. I just want a place for bikes and skis and the motorcycle
    Good luck... When the wife and I moved back, we looked for nearly two years. Either you get a garage big enough for maybe two bicycles (forget a car or a moto), or like you said; it's some yoga studio nonsense. Or you move out to the 'burbs. We ended up buying across the river because neither of us works in Portland and the 9% raise was choice.

I know, nothing new in my rant but.....When a "newbie" who can't apply local, well known landmark names in a trip report, then blabs about (with pictures) a hard to reach locale that has been kept hushed for 35 years I've known about it. In poor snow conditions, it's a place you'll regret being or worse. Here comes the "Jong" show.... Added: not so much that others will now recreate there but it's no place for folks lacking skiing prowess and a healthy dose of avalanche understanding. Doubt that will stop anyone though.
    Last edited by L82thegate; 11-24-2020 at 04:22 PM.

when music that you owned seems to disappear. And the only way to reacquire it is to pay for it again.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    when music that you owned seems to disappear. And the only way to reacquire it is to pay for it again.
    Arrrrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    No backup drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    No backup drive?
    I've looked at the backups I have, and it's just not there. I know I had it at some point because a few of the songs were on playlists I had set up and the album is on google play music/YT music as "my music" that I uploaded. But I can't find the files anywhere.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If you bought from google music, can’t you re-download for free? It should be in your online library.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    If you bought from google music, can’t you re-download for free? It should be in your online library.
    I didn't buy from Google music, I just (at some point) uploaded to Google Play. I don't know where I bought it from, I may have even bought it in CD form.