Page 1557 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 ... LastLast
Results 38,901 to 38,925 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I don't listen to lyrics much, just the music..
    What music, Nugent sounds like the Cars after every kid in your school copied Candy-O on a crappy dual-cassette and you got the last one.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

The Nuge is a hudge POS.

He's also full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    What music, Nugent sounds like the Cars after every kid in your school copied Candy-O on a crappy dual-cassette and you got the last one.
    I get the joke, but Elliot Easton is one of the most underrated guitarist of the 70s and The Cars were one of the few original bands in a sea of commercial garbage.

Nugent was just derivative dinosaur rock.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

I don't listen to lyrics much, just the music..
    What a weak copout, guy.

The music is pretty craptastic too! Lowest common denominator shit. 3rd week of guitar lessons shit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I get the joke, but Elliot Easton is one of the most underrated guitarist of the 70s and The Cars were one of the few original bands in a sea of commercial garbage.

Nugent was just derivative dinosaur rock.
    We are saying the same thing. Nugent is derivative crap and some people have no taste.

CDC has published clinical data on the effectiveness of boosters against Delta and Omicron
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/...cid=mm7104e3_w

VE was significantly higher among patients who received their second mRNA COVID-19 vaccine dose <180 days before medical encounters compared with those vaccinated ≥180 days earlier. During both Delta- and Omicron-predominant periods, receipt of a third vaccine dose was highly effective at preventing COVID-19–associated emergency department and urgent care encounters (94% and 82%, respectively) and preventing COVID-19–associated hospitalizations (94% and 90%, respectively).

Full disclosure, I can still greatly appreciate the artistic works of people I strongly disagree with on a personal or political level. Love Ted Nugent's music, he's a horrible excuse for a human.. On topic, I'm 100% good with Darwin removing as many obtuse obstacles to pandemic necessary measures as he can. It's a bummer, but for the best IMHO..
    Bud.

two thoughts
    ( and remembering 'journaling' ) -

I would not consider this a HO. And

there is an adage,
    ' never speak ill of the dead... '

... peace, man. skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    We are saying the same thing.
    and I just wanted to plug EE. When I was a kid learning to play, I'd listen to the first cars album over and over to figure out his parts (Ocasek barely played anything). The guy could shred, but chose the tasteful/music path.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    What a weak copout, guy.

The music is pretty craptastic too! Lowest common denominator shit. 3rd week of guitar lessons shit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I dig the drum tracks. Carmine Appice wrote the first rock drums book I learned when I was just starting. Saw his brother play with Sabbath back in the day. Also I have pretty high respect for pretty much anyone who gets up on stage in front of people to share their gifts... or curses. I've seen Ingvie live. I've seen lots of folks. The most badd assed chops aren't always the most soulful and eloquent products.. Joe Strummer wasn't any "better" than Nugent.. but I dig that too. Hell Clapton isn't really all that compared to Stevie.. It's the personal vibes that make folks special, not the raw mechanical chops..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Bud.

two thoughts
    ( and remembering 'journaling' ) -

I would not consider this a HO. And

there is an adage,
    ' never speak ill of the dead... '

... peace, man. skiJ
    What you say is true, but I also tend to believe that the passing of these publicly counter productive personalities is preventing ten fold future tragedies that might hit closer to home. Again, I'd prefer they got vaxxed and lived to convince others to also save themselves and their fellow humans.. But if they don't, oh well, I'm going to look at it as a necessary evil..

woke up at 3am yesterday with rotten symptoms

I knew I finally had it

tested at 9 at the hospital I work at and had results up by 3

fully vaccinated and boosted

I feel shitty - if this is a milder case I’m fkn glad I didn’t get a bad one
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I just got over it. One night of chills followed by a morning consisting of minor cold/hangover symptoms. Took some Advil, and by the afternoon no more symptoms. I tested positive for a full week after my first night of chills.

No vaccines.

I liked Nugent. In 5th grade. For about 10 minutes. Cat Scratch Fever and Wango Tango got a lot of airplay on CHOM (Say Awsh Oh Em) FM back then. They were catchy. To a 10 yr old. My friends listening to the local US stations had no idea what I was talking about. Until classic rock stations (WIZN) became a thing around here five years later. The cool thing about CHOM is they also played Dinah Moe Hum. Gotta love Canadians.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    I just got over it. One night of chills followed by a morning consisting of minor cold/hangover symptoms. Took some Advil, and by the afternoon no more symptoms. I tested positive for a full week after my first night of chills.

No vaccines.
    Congrats for dodging the bullet. Did you infect anyone while you were contagious?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Responsible gun owner vs mask mandates:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/amelia...ave-to-mask-up

Name:  tests.png
Views: 470
Size:  157.0 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Congrats for dodging the bullet. Did you infect anyone while you were contagious?
    Probably. I got it from some vaxxed/boosted friends. I likely infected my children, however they never had symptoms or tested positive.

Thankfully our immune systems worked as designed!

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Name:  tests.png
Views: 470
Size:  157.0 KB
    That looks like multiple households to me.. They define a household as an "address". So each residence gets 4 tests. Here's the thing though. They start shipping at the end of this month.. But not to ALL zip codes. They're starting with the zip codes with the highest positive case rates and working down to the others.. So, those zip codes in the by gawd no gubbermint mandates states will be getting the tests first, ahead of the more mask and vax adopting zip codes..

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    Probably. I got it from some vaxxed/boosted friends. I likely infected my children, however they never had symptoms or tested positive.

Thankfully our immune systems worked as designed!
    My wife got hers at Christmas mass from the singing, nose out of his
    maskhole. My symptoms a week later mirrored yours. I go N95 plus with another mask over it when indoors in public to be sure I'm not a spreader. My parents taught us kids to be socially responsible.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

This guy absolutely shreds Robert Malone, who has been getting a lot of ink lately (and referenced via Corn Shit's copy/paste posts), and I found it interesting.

If that Malone guy is the brightest of the anti vaxx then wow.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

States are receiving extremely limited supplies of the antiviral combination drug Paxlovid, which is 80% effective in preventing hospitalization if given within 5 days of symptoms to people with mild and moderate cases. Because of the limited supply the drug is supposed to be only given to the people at highest risk. The question is--should the drug be reserved for older vaccinated patients with medical conditions (who are probably still at very low risk from omicron, but not zero) or for unvaccinated otherwise healthy people who are likely at higher risk. Should I--71 with heart disease--be deprived of the drug because some otherwise lower risk person chose not to get vaccinated?

Or should the drug be reserved for NFL QB's who test positive a week before the Super Bowl?

The one obvious priority group would be the immunocompromised--but after that?

And who decides. It will be very hard for an individual doc seeing an individual patient to deny the drug to someone who asks for it, regardless of their risk.

I do think we should start a misinformation campaign to convince the anti-vax folks that Paxlovid shrinks your testicles and breasts and paralyzes the trigger finger.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    States are receiving extremely limited supplies of the antiviral combination drug Paxlovid, which is 80% effective in preventing hospitalization if given within 5 days of symptoms to people with mild and moderate cases. Because of the limited supply the drug is supposed to be only given to the people at highest risk. The question is--should the drug be reserved for older vaccinated patients with medical conditions (who are probably still at very low risk from omicron, but not zero) or for unvaccinated otherwise healthy people who are likely at higher risk. Should I--71 with heart disease--be deprived of the drug because some otherwise lower risk person chose not to get vaccinated?

Or should the drug be reserved for NFL QB's who test positive a week before the Super Bowl?

The one obvious priority group would be the immunocompromised--but after that?

And who decides. It will be very hard for an individual doc seeing an individual patient to deny the drug to someone who asks for it, regardless of their risk.

I do think we should start a misinformation campaign to convince the anti-vax folks that Paxlovid shrinks your testicles and breasts and paralyzes the trigger finger.
    Easy solution.. Give the antivax person horse dewormer.

What you say is true, but I also tend to believe that the passing of these publicly counter productive personalities is preventing ten fold future tragedies that might hit closer to home. Again, I'd prefer they got vaxxed and lived to convince others to also save themselves and their fellow humans.. But if they don't, oh well, I'm going to look at it as a necessary evil..
    You think people were going to Meat Loaf for health and wellness advice?

Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    You think people were going to Meat Loaf for health and wellness advice?
    OK Joe Rogan?