Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lobstahmeatwad View Post
    Made this last week. Had to section out the vert to fit with dimensional lumber I found. Made the custom brackets from 1/4" plate and 1/2" round stock. Stuck some 1" gas pipe in there.
    Works great. Cost me about 50 bucks. Lots of found materials that and the chair was $350 10 years ago.
    Pretty cool and I suspect those brackets could be used in many applications like a porch swing instead of a freestanding one like that. Neat shit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I used the cable clamp and strung a cable between two trees. this is an old chair from chair 5 at Baker, when they replaced the lift they sold all the chairs on closing day as they were taking them off, I bought one and Duncan suggested I take another because he didn't want to be stuck with them when they closed ( he also let me take one for a friend who lives in Glacier). I still can't remember how I got 3 chairs on my Subaru when I had two Yakima boxes on there already.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski raccoon.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	335236

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    I still can't remember how I got 3 chairs on my Subaru when I had two Yakima boxes on there already.
    that would have made a good pic
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

lobstahmeatwad, that looks simple and great!

I really need to figure out mine one of these years. I have a safety bar/footrest which means I have to hang it high enough to use that.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    I used the cable clamp and strung a cable between two trees. this is an old chair from chair 5 at Baker, when they replaced the lift they sold all the chairs on closing day as they were taking them off, I bought one and Duncan suggested I take another because he didn't want to be stuck with them when they closed ( he also let me take one for a friend who lives in Glacier). I still can't remember how I got 3 chairs on my Subaru when I had two Yakima boxes on there already.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski raccoon.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	335236

The Trash Pandas seem to like it.
    watch out for snakes

Danno, a small shop in Boulder called Last Chair Customs does great work. Zack is the owner, happy to make an intro. He fabbed a ceiling support plus powder coated a chair for us, from Eldora.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Danno, a small shop in Boulder called Last Chair Customs does great work. Zack is the owner, happy to make an intro. He fabbed a ceiling support plus powder coated a chair for us, from Eldora.
    Thanks mang. I think I may have had an email exchange with him a year or two ago based upon some pics I saw on FB. The problem is simply money, as in I have negative amounts to spare right now. And as soon as I have a surplus, the first big ticket item is a new bike. So turning the chair into a chair swing is down the list of priorities. But it is on the list!