Page 59 of 190 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 4750

18" of sleeper pow fell up on Lolo pass. Lots of cars in all the parking lots but we managed to stay in between the masses. As were loading up to leave a snowboarder dragged into the lot asking for a ride back up the road. When asked what happened he responded, "I just keep going downhill I wanted to get a few more GoPro turns". <<<< Can't wait to see it brah

Any mags claiming this truck with the stove pipe and "Cheney skis in Jeans" sticker?

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I keep sleeping through the damn storm cycles. Partly because I'm tired, and partly because I keep going out anyway.
    And now they're gonna be closed Tuesdays? With a storm scheduled for Monday night?
    I fucking have Tuesdays and Thursdays off this semester.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Tomorrow and Monday look pretty bad. Eh, maybe it will be soft.

Wednesday morning could be relevant to my interests. Maybe I can pull a few strings to get up there.

I keep sleeping through the damn storm cycles. Partly because I'm tired, and partly because I keep going out anyway.
    And now they're gonna be closed Tuesdays? With a storm scheduled for Monday night?
    I fucking have Tuesdays and Thursdays off this semester.
    NEWSFLASH!!!!

March 1, 2012: Open 6 days a week. Snowbowl is closed on Tuesdays in March.

If only they'd put that on their website's events calendar back in November, oh yeah, they did.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Seriously, they ALWAYS close on Tuesdays in March. It's part of the ghetto-factor. Stuck, did you 'change for a nickel' two people on Bros last Sunday?

In other news, that shit is getting straight cooked today. Icy moguls later this week, anyone?

^^^Oh hi!

See? I'm actually nice and kinda sane in real life.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    NEWSFLASH!!!!

If only they'd put that on their website's events calendar back in November, oh yeah, they did.
    Take it easy on Stuckie. If it's not found in Droid apps, he doesn't know about it.

And oh yeah: DAMN why isn't Missoula exactly like NYC? Shit. I came all the way here from NYC and found fewer restaurants, fewer expensive cars, and not enough Mexi-Thai-Ethiop-Sushi restaurants. Every time I want to find rare and exotic things to buy or eat, I have to fly back to NYC. I have such a rough life!

We won't be sad when you leave Stuckie. But we'll fly flags at half-mast for you.

whoa whoa, calm down.
    Still kinda new at the Snowbowl thing.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Icy moguls later this week, anyone?
    As if it will be cold enough.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Take it easy on Stuckie. If it's not found in Droid apps, he doesn't know about it.

And oh yeah: DAMN why isn't Missoula exactly like NYC? Shit. I came all the way here from NYC and found fewer restaurants, fewer expensive cars, and not enough Mexi-Thai-Ethiop-Sushi restaurants. Every time I want to find rare and exotic things to buy or eat, I have to fly back to NYC. I have such a rough life!

We won't be sad when you leave Stuckie. But we'll fly flags at half-mast for you.
    Thanks for making me seem mild-mannered in comparison.

whoa whoa, calm down.
    Still kinda new at the Snowbowl thing.
    Pretty much have to be worked up before I need to calm down. Right?

I'm just commenting on your constant complaints about how Missoula doesn't have what NYC has. On that point: No shit, Sherlock. That's pretty much why NYC is back where you come from, and Missoula is out here and not a mega-clusterfuck-opolis (yet). Of course if you're 13 years old and experiencing Missoula from the comfort of Yuppie Dad's house, I understand. Yuppie Dads Lamenting the Lack of Yuppieness in Missoula are a dime-a-dozen here.

Thanks for making me seem mild-mannered in comparison.
    It's one of the many free services available at Casa CF.

Constant?
    Yuppy Dad?
    My dad is 67.
    Colon cancer survivor.
    '60's liberal that can kick your ass. (probably not)

Dude, you've met me.
    Relax.
    It's all good.
    I know it's not NYC. That's why I can afford to live here and not feel like I need a shower every time I go outside.

I'm all about blending in. I have a Subaru with a roof rack, and a black lab mix.
    Everytime I see NY/NJ/CT plates, I flinch.

You seem like you need a beer. Can I buy you one next time we're at Charlie's? I just had 3 very strong ones at the Kettle House.
    No longer stuck.

Rasputin:
    NEWSFLASH!!!!

Man, do you two give each other handjobs on the way up the Griz chair? Wow, if only you were the successors of Snowbowl management we could ensure that nothing would ever be improved upon up there. I don't understand the "hard-core Snowbowls" logic of wanting nothing better?

In other news I had Discovery all to my self and watched my 2 four year olds slay the easy chair, one other person rode that chair today. And you know what? They are open 7 days/week and are miles from a large population center. Lets hear it....I should just go ski Discovery. You're missing the point.

Exhibit #345, 1995 meets 2012. Disco even has a mobile site for a smart phone, I thought Granite county was still on telegraph? What?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Embarassing.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	111701  
    Last edited by FreakofSnow; 03-06-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Disco should post their shit in metric, then snowbowl wouldn't be so crowded on a powder day.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakofSnow View Post
    Wow, if only you were the successors of Snowbowl management we could ensure that nothing would ever be improved upon up there. I don't understand the "hard-core Snowbowls" logic of wanting nothing better?
    I want what I have, you want what you don't have.

Is Snowbowl's closing date of April 8th due to some contractual B.S. with the FS?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Caray View Post
    Is Snowbowl's closing date of April 8th due to some contractual B.S. with the FS?
    You'll notice on your season pass (assuming you have one) that it expires at the end of April. The facts are, that there aren't enough skiers, nor adequate snow, most seasons to warrant operating later. When there are storms at the end of the season, and enough people ask about additional days, then Snowbowl adds additional weekends (Friday-Sunday). Last season they added two additional weekends and were open to the 17th.
    Last edited by Rasputin; 03-06-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Pretty much have to be worked up before I need to calm down. Right?
    what planet are you on? you are the most worked up, agro person on TGR. stop claiming to be chill. you aren't. no one who spews like you do is chill.

seriously. take a poll. everyone sees you differently than you claim to be. if that's your goal, that is just sad.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

must. not. feed. trolls.
    No longer stuck.

Don't make me go all WADE on ya! Cuz there is +3" on Garlands truck!

Quote Originally Posted by senior researcher View Post
    Don't make me go all WADE on ya! Cuz there is +3" on Garlands truck!
    What with the cold temps on the mountain last night and tonight, we should have some wicked dust on crust come tomorrow! Yeah baby, classic Snowbowl conditions!

You'll notice on your season pass (assuming you have one) that it expires at the end of April. The facts are, that there aren't enough skiers, nor adequate snow, most seasons to warrant operating later. When there are storms at the end of the season, and enough people ask about additional days, then Snowbowl adds additional weekends (Friday-Sunday). Last season they added two additional weekends and were open to the 17th.
    Solid, thanks. Obviously time will tell but I would have to think they'll be open for at least one more weekend after the 8th. But I'm a PNW-snowpack emigrant so what the hell do I know?

I want what I have, you want what you don't have.
    Exactly! I do not understand why people spend their time worrying and bitching about what others should do to improve their time?!?!? Crazyness. You can learn to ski or simply drive 1-2.5hrs in any direction to avoid the Bowl and still ride lifts.