Page 897 of 929 FirstFirst ... 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 ... LastLast
Results 22,401 to 22,425 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Sadly Health Canada hasn’t approved the Ba4/5 yet…
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Let me guess--"out of an abundance of caution".
    Canada/UK went with the OG strain and Ba1 this year for whatever reason...no idea if they are available.

https://www.bmj.com/content/378/bmj.o2144

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Seasonal Flu and bi-valent COVID onboard an hour ago. Doc said to get the Shingles vaxx on a different day.
    Probably a good idea. Like some others here I felt pretty tired and useless all weekend after my flu/bivalent booster. No idea if that was from the shots or just waking up in a bed and realizing I am still living in shithole Iowa, but it was a thing.

And the shingles kicked my ass both times...along with stomach issues.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Getting my Pfizer bivalent and flu shot on Friday. Hoping to be one of the few that get some relief from long covid with this jab.

Seasonal Flu and bi-valent COVID onboard an hour ago. Doc said to get the Shingles vaxx on a different day.
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Probably a good idea. Like some others here I felt pretty tired and useless all weekend after my flu/bivalent booster. No idea if that was from the shots or just waking up in a bed and realizing I am still living in shithole Iowa, but it was a thing.

And the shingles kicked my ass both times...along with stomach issues.

Plus you have to drop trou if you want a third shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Getting my Pfizer bivalent and flu shot on Friday. Hoping to be one of the few that get some relief from long covid with this jab.
    I hope it helps!

Plus you have to drop trou if you want a third shot.
    That's never stopped me before.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Pulling for you!

That's never stopped me before.
    No--it's the thought of it that had the nurse telling your doc no way.

No--it's the thought of it that had the nurse telling your doc no way.
    Heh. Actually, the nurse was all for it, Doc overruled. So there. But your quip made me chuckle, so full points for you. And, the day after that was my day to get my monthly shot in the ass from a different provider. So a different nurse got to see my ass. Poor soul.

Here's a weird thing I noticed last week. I got a slight reaction to my monthly Emgality injection when I took it 4 days after the Pfizer booster and flu shot. Injection site burning and itching for a day and a half afterwards. It's a common side effect but not one I've experienced yet in the past 9 months of taking those Emgality injections. Thinking my body being at war with and forming more antibodies to the COVID variants and flu made me more susceptible to the stronger reaction I had to the Emgality.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Here's a weird thing I noticed last week. I got a slight reaction to my monthly Emgality injection when I took it 4 days after the Pfizer booster and flu shot. Injection site burning and itching for a day and a half afterwards. It's a common side effect but not one I've experienced yet in the past 9 months of taking those Emgality injections. Thinking my body being at war with and forming more antibodies to the COVID variants and flu made me more susceptible to the stronger reaction I had to the Emgality.
    Interesting you say that. My monthly is testosterone and I too noticed burning that I haven't noticed before, went away overnight. The T shot was about 18 hours after the Seasonal Flu and COVID-19 shot.

Heh. Actually, the nurse was all for it, Doc overruled. So there. But your quip made me chuckle, so full points for you. And, the day after that was my day to get my monthly shot in the ass from a different provider. So a different nurse got to see my ass. Poor soul.
    When I was in the hospital the nurses were always chasing after me with a safety pin to close the back of my gown. Ruined my fun.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Finally got the booster + flu this AM. My first appt was cancelled randomly day of by the pharmacy. Hoping this doesn't mess me up at all. Booster + flu October 2021 and I had no reaction at all.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ovid-1.6613841

people refusing blood transfusions from Donors who got the vax but Canada does not register if the donor was vaxed

seems like a Darwin moment
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Here is all about

Some people refuse blood transfusions because they're afraid of getting a disease from the donor. But in Canada, to get a blood transfusion, the donor has to tell the hospital whether or not he got any vaccines. So if you see that the donor got a vaccine, that means he's protected from that disease and can't give it to you. If you get your blood from someone who hasn't been vaccinated, you're taking a big risk!

Low dose naltrexone may offer some helped for some long-rona, but I haven't read it deeply

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...ue-2022-10-18/
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Osterholm update:
    Expect more Covid in coming months
    Get your boosters
    Always wear n95 in public (he's ok with well-spaced outdoor dining)
    Various variants showing immune evasiveness may reduce effectiveness of vaccines and treatments
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs_A...ate%3ACOVID-19

Health system is still short staff from pandemic. Expect crisis care for any health issue if we get a big Covid surge. Shortage of care homes means hospitals have nowhere to send patients and will fill faster as a result.

He also discussed social impacts of pandemic and its response. Survey says 20% of kids have lost a family member to Covid. Also noted the divisiveness some families and friends experience.

And briefly mentioned there's vaccine for monkeypox and high risk folks should get it.

So take care of yourselves and each other.

Man, navigating this by mask wearing at this point seems beyond pointless if you have kids in school and they aren’t wearing masks.

Meh, if you're immune compromised... or just really don't want to get sick go with the mask everywhere all the time indoors.

As long as community spread remains low (and it's pretty low here) and there is no alarming trend uptick.. hospitals/healthcare facilities aren't any more stressed than they were before COVID, more flu than COVID emergencies.. masks aren't going to be mandated again. It will have to be a total triage shitshow before masks are mandated again.. .. but I'd hope they go there BEFORE it gets that bad again... I doubt we will though..

So .... no body thinks a mask is a good idea for the flu?!?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Like I said.. "if you really don't want to get sick".. We'll see some folks keeping the masks for other threats even after COVID is all but gone (I can hope right?)

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    PreCovid I'd probably never consider wearing a mask in someplace like the airport during flu season or whatever. Used to wonder why the Asian tourists did it so frequently. But now, yeah, that makes a lot of sense to me. I have a poorly considered notion that travelers/vacationers have good odds of getting sick to/fro airport; admittedly I may be seeing patterns where there are none.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

As long as community spread remains low (and it's pretty low here)
    Y’all know what community spread is like in your area? Our data (northern CA) is pretty poor these days.

My wife got Covid (Pfizer) booster and a flu shot yesterday. She felt fine last night, but woke up at 2 a.m. feeling like shit. Could hardly even hobble to the bathroom. It doesn't exactly make me want to get one, but I will...

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    My wife got Covid (Pfizer) booster and a flu shot yesterday. She felt fine last night, but woke up at 2 a.m. feeling like shit. Could hardly even hobble to the bathroom. It doesn't exactly make me want to get one, but I will...
    Ymmv. I was fine with the Pfizer bivalent and seasonal flu given same day, just a little passing odd sensation for a few hours 18 hours later. Your wife might actually have flu or COVID.