Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I'll be in the neighborhood January 26-29.
    St. Moritz on Hyman Street.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 12-15-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Shoulder was non-wind bliss. Sounds like Jackpot drop was gooood.
    It was very good according to several of my friends who knew I was on my way back from Thanksgiving with the in laws in Denver and made sure to text me and rub it in. Excited to get out tomorrow to police up the leftovers.

This has been a pretty solid opening. Shoulder was good, back to jack was great. Things aren’t too far from opening

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Krysti’s is as good as it gets.

They’ve cleared all equipment out of 1A. We should be almost 100%[less gated terrain], this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Krysti’s is as good as it gets.

They’ve cleared all equipment out of 1A. We should be almost 100%[less gated terrain], this week.
    Have they opened 1A side at all? I got rope on the dumps last year, that may be one of my best laps on Ajax ever.
    3:30 and last bucket and they said go take the traverse and have at it.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Looks like some people got in the Dumps today. I looked up at Slalom/Corkscrew at 3:45 and didn't see anything beyond some poachers tracks.

Dumps and The Queen opened via mid way. 1A maybe Wednesday.

2019/20 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

I’ve got a few vouchers for $59 tix thru 12/20 available for any mags heading this way. PM if you want one.
    Pretty sure other guys posting on this thread here have em too.

As for conditions:
    One of the best early seasons I can remember and I’ve been having a blast out there.
    Got rope drop back of bell early last week, first run in walshs last week was one of the best all time for me, black mamba was really fun this weekend and I got in the dumps fairly early yesterday too.
    I’m too lazy to bootpack but hoping for powder posse at highlands later this week.

Just bought a fri->Mon ticket to ski Aspen/Aspen/A.Basin. Is this a stupid idea?

Yes

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Just bought a fri->Mon ticket to ski Aspen/Aspen/A.Basin. Is this a stupid idea?
    No, it will be good. Monday might be the softest day.

It's not stupid if you stay.

I'm gonna check out Marble this weekend with low expectations. Zero possibility of getting a run in but I'll post up what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by GarySanchez View Post
    I'm gonna check out Marble this weekend with low expectations. Zero possibility of getting a run in but I'll post up what I see.
    Folks have been skiing Marble already. I hear it's good in the bowl, interesting getting out. Report back what you find!

Do a search on field reports for the Aspen zone. There has been, expectedly, a ton of activity in that area.

Not bad, not bad. Highlands opening Sat will be busy, but Aspen Mountain will get better and better.

I’ve got $59 vouchers too if anyone needs. PM me

I also have two vouchers left, that probably won't get used. I wish they would make them good for late season as well. I understand not during the meat of the season, but would be nice for like April.

Lunch laps today on Aspen were very good. Visibility sucked, but it definitely felt like more then 4" of new snow. Amazing the shape the mountain is already in. I will be at Buttermilk this weekend with the toddler, but I am off work Monday and will be at Highlands all day. Looks like we have some nice snow forecast for Sunday evening and Monday am.

Hope it keeps up! I only get a handful of weekdays off during the season and this looks to be a good one.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Might drive over from summit early Monday if the conditions line up. Things look a little bleak over this way and I am really jonesing for some good turns.

Be careful out there. I extracated a guy who hit a massive rock in Black Mamba, pain level was on an 8. Ended up with 4 broken ribs, with multiple fractures per rib. He’s in hospital and will probably be there for next couple days. It’s still early season.

Be careful put there. I extracated a guy who hit a massive rock in Black Mamba, pain level was on an 8. Ended up with 4 broken ribs, with multiple fractures per rib. He’s in hospital and will probably be there for next couple days.

I saw that guy in the toboggan on Lud's when I was coming out of Kristi, there were so many patrollers at the scene I thought it was a training exercise or something.

This is a weird question: I'm rolling in to town feeling like the black death. Is there a particular health system in Aspen (Ex: Seattle has swedish) dudes would recommend to help with not dying?

This is a weird question: I'm rolling in to town feeling like the black death. Is there a particular health system in Aspen (Ex: Seattle has swedish) dudes would recommend to help with not dying?
    Not too many options besides Aspen Medical Care during the day or the Hospital is great. AMC does walk ins on Saturday morning. Otherwise you have urgent care down in Basalt.

skideeppow - Black Mamba open the first week of Dec??? Seems aggressive!

We have more snow coming in. I'm prepping gear tonight to see if I can get out there. Worst case, I get a more accurate idea of things to come when I get out the following weekend. I got a bad quad now. Rotator cuff, wrist fracture, ACL, now this shit. It never ends, but I'm doing what I can out there.

We still have a few weeks before things get remotely interesting. It'll be a good one I'm sure.

Bond’s memorial at Bonnies was really nice! Afterwards we had our own little memorial on Silver Queen, which is skiing magnificently.

How was Highlands?

Might head out there tomorrow, but it’s looking like a late Gondi type of day.