Page 1457 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 ... LastLast
Results 36,401 to 36,425 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I’m hearing more and more Dr’s. Citing studies that say exposure and recovery from COVID is as good as or better than getting vaccinated
    That’s because you watch Fox News and Info Wars.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Yes, our country is full of adult babies. Too bad we can’t all come together and fight this invisible enemy.
    I honestly can't say that we have "come together", as a nation, since probably WWII.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

I’m hearing more and more Dr’s. Citing studies that say exposure and recovery from COVID is as good as or better than getting vaccinated

I would like to see much more testing for antibodies to

An antibodies test before deciding to get vaccinated would not be unreasonable

All that said. The vaccine has been available for most free of charge for 6 months. I don’t see many changing their minds at this point
    This latest overreach by presidential decree? Is going to get messy. It’s going to have the opposite effect. There are a good number of Americans out there who simply don’t like being told what to do
    We also destroy entire countries to depose Dictators
    hey man, you can’t talk about natural antibodies being an effective defense against Covid…. Haven’t you read anything in this thread? You need to get the shot. Natural immunity isn’t good enough. Who cares if you have natural antibodies against Covid? The shot is the holy savior because natural antibodies (as opposed to this new vaccine that hasn’t been around for a year) don’t last as long as the vaccine despite having the same amount of data for both and having no correlation or idea why peoples antibodies or immunity wanes after time.

How long ago did you have it? The discussion of different immune responses here is very interesting:

https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-802/

I have a long time denier friend who's suddenly interested in figuring out what else he can do (already vaccinated, not a total denier) because apparently the 1/6 chance of neurological effects is being reported where he can hear it now. It would be interesting to know how often those are lasting and/or for how long.
    Last edited by jono; 09-12-2021 at 08:38 AM.

Anyone else see this commentary by Lester Holt last night re: 9/11 vs. Covid?

It's like what David Brooks said on the PBS Newshour on Friday: 3000+ deaths from 9/11 cause our nation to mourn and readily do what it took to make it right. Twenty years later we still reflect on the loss. Meanwhile, 600,000+ deaths from Covid doesn't move people to take action to get vaxxed so we can stop the dying and economic loss and get back to living and prospering.

No war, no terror attack has killed as many Americans as the pandemic

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I think it's worth considering that our long experience with security theater is responsible for much of the distrust of authority and government that is killing us now. If cancelling TSA would increase vaccine uptake by 1% we would be safer on net to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    hey man, you can’t talk about natural antibodies being an effective defense against Covid…. Haven’t you read anything in this thread? You need to get the shot. Natural immunity isn’t good enough. Who cares if you have natural antibodies against Covid? The shot is the holy savior because natural antibodies (as opposed to this new vaccine that hasn’t been around for a year) don’t last as long as the vaccine despite having the same amount of data for both and having no correlation or idea why peoples antibodies or immunity wanes after time.
    All antibodies wane over time. It's natural. If they didn't your blood would turn to sludge from all the circulating antibodies after a lifetime of infections. What matters when it comes to long term protection from severe disease is the B & T Cell response, which multiple studies show is holding up with the vaccines.

While observational studies comparing natural infection with vaccination vary, the UK has been doing ongoing randomized testing approximating a RCT. Their results show vaccination offers better protection than natural infection. And the best protection possible is still hybrid immunity when a previously infected person also gets vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I honestly can't say that we have "come together", as a nation, since probably WWII.

Maybe we should have gone full bore “it was a weapon released by China!”

Then perhaps all these “America fuck yea” types would be the first in line.

Did you read that in a patient handout? That’s how they teach doctors you know…each topic is summarized into a half page of layperson language.

How's your blood sugar control, folks?

"The machine-driven framework we developed repeatedly pointed to elevated blood glucose as a key facilitator in the progression of COVID-19. Indeed, when we systematically retraced the steps of the SARS-CoV-2 infection, we found evidence linking elevated glucose to each major step of the life-cycle of the virus, progression of the disease, and presentation of symptoms. Specifically, elevations of glucose provide ideal conditions for the virus to evade and weaken the first level of the immune defense system in the lungs, gain access to deep alveolar cells, bind to the ACE2 receptor and enter the pulmonary cells, accelerate replication of the virus within cells increasing cell death and inducing an pulmonary inflammatory response, which overwhelms an already weakened innate immune system to trigger an avalanche of systemic infections, inflammation and cell damage, a cytokine storm and thrombotic events."

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...21.695139/full

While diabetes is a significant risk factor it is certainly not present in most people with severe disease. Severe illness can raise blood sugar in people without diabetes or prediabetes--at later stages of the infection elevated glucose may be effect, not cause.
    The high rate of covid in the US could be due to the high rate of diabetes, and the ethnic groups most severely affected have a higher rate of diabetes than the general population.

testutah.com and Nomi Health can go fuck themselves

after 8 phish shows, i decided to do the responsible thing and get a PCR test despite showing no symptoms. register and receive a QR code. go wait in the line of cars at some sketchy business depot in Clearfield, kudos for the no-idling signs. 90 minutes go by and i finally get to the spot. was told they were turning cars around behind me as they were running out of tests. get scanned, get swabbed and head on my way. 1-3 days until i know for sure i'm virus free...

at no point did i ever receive an email from Nomi Health. not after registration. not after getting scanned. was a little suspect. so i decide to follow up today to learn they have no record of me ever getting tested. provide my QR code...nothing. their recommendation is to go get tested. again.

Name:  testutah.png
Views: 442
Size:  51.7 KB
    bumps are for poor people

Moooooo

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    That’s because you watch Fox News and Info Wars.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It’s pretty funny to see where some folks get their info. Hannity was hawking this bullshit just tonight, an hour later MTT comes here parroting the bullshit straight from Hannity’s lips to this board.

Right wing “media” is the worst thing for our country ever. I watch about 10-15 minutes of Hannity every night, he spews straight up poison. Dude flat out lies and promotes bullshit for an hour every weekday night. He plays the same clips over and over again every night. Lately it’s some Afghan woman being beaten, pretty sure he’s played this clip at least three times/hour for the last week. “Pigs in a blanket, fry em up like bacon!” is another one of his hits. One group of people chanted that like six years ago and Hannity still regularly plays it on his show to denigrate any BLM protests.

It’s straight up propaganda beaten into the rubes heads. He does the same fear mongering grievance shows every night. Obviously it works, we see it posted here by the same people all the time as straight up fact.

I don’t watch Hannity. He is parroting information that’s coming from multiple medical sources.

But you go with that. Only listen to information from sources that parrot your world view
    It’s served you well these past years
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I don’t watch Hannity. He is parroting information that’s coming from multiple medical sources.

But you go with that. Only listen to information from sources that parrot your world view
    It’s served you well these past years
    Ding ding ding ding. This man wins a prize.

There should be a real discussion about giving an antibody test and one shot option for anyone who wants that to be "fully vaccinated." The number of people who will opt for infection rather than vaccination will not increase compared to the present state of stupidity. Some people perceive the coercive approach as an appeal to authority fallacy (which it is) and respond by using Lucifer's Razor to cut off their noses.

The side effects aren't a huge deal, but they're not zero, either, and the person who already had the disease should be able to opt out of a second dose (assuming they don't want to go J&J for some reason) and still meet any reasonable definition of "fully vaccinated." This would be better for the world, better for the US, and better for honest discussion, which would be better for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Ding ding ding ding. This man wins a prize.

BobMc literally just posted that he watches Hannity/Fox in contrast to his worldview. Could you be any dumber. We’ll give MTT a pass because he’s often confused for various health related reasons. What’s your excuse?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    There should be a real discussion about giving an antibody test and one shot option for anyone who wants that to be "fully vaccinated." The number of people who will opt for infection rather than vaccination will not increase compared to the present state of stupidity. Some people perceive the coercive approach as an appeal to authority fallacy (which it is) and respond by using Lucifer's Razor to cut off their noses.

The side effects aren't a huge deal, but they're not zero, either, and the person who already had the disease should be able to opt out of a second dose (assuming they don't want to go J&J for some reason) and still meet any reasonable definition of "fully vaccinated." This would be better for the world, better for the US, and better for honest discussion, which would be better for everyone.
    why do you need a shot to “be fully vaxx’d” if you have antibodies from natural infection? Yes it provides more of a resistance but in itself, it’s almost equally effective as the vaccine. You don’t need another vaccine on top of it to “be fully vaxx’d” - if, after natural immunity wanes you’d want to argue the vaccine, then I’m all for it. But same with vaccine immunity - nobody knows how long it lasts or which strain it’s effective towards. We’ve been lucky so far that the vaccine has protected against all variants

A fair number of people sucking on vents right now had a prior infection last year because it didn't protect them against different strains like Delta. Getting vaxxed does by greatly reducing the severity of the infection and complications.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

A fair number of people sucking on vents right now had a prior infection last year but it didn't protect them against different strains like Delta. Getting vaxxed does by greatly reducing the severity of the infection and complications.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

why do you need a shot to “be fully vaxx’d” if you have antibodies from natural infection? Yes it provides more of a resistance.... We’ve been lucky so far that the vaccine has protected against all variants
    I'm just going to let you answer your own question. Go ahead and read it slowly, maybe twice.

If you need more information on the topic I highly recommend listening to TWiV #802 or #803; at least the first hour of #802, just put in the headphones sometime while you're working on something else if you can't spare an hour otherwise. All your arguments will be sharper and you'll feel better about yourself in no time.

https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-802/

https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-803/

Props to all of you for continuing to flog the dead canoe, but will masturbating give me more manly wrists? Is the furious part required?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

It’s the only way to get manly wrists

I've fucked up my right wrist after intense use of the nail gun.
    Enquiring minds and wrists want to know.

No really, the information is great, but continuing to engage with people who really don't understand the words they're using is canoe flogging.

Maybe kayaks fit in there too which reminds me how annoying airline pricing is.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<