Page 1576 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 ... LastLast
Results 39,376 to 39,400 of 46278
    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Are you talking about lithium rechargeable or lithium single use? Is the latter a thing?
    Single use. These ones have proven pretty bomber for me, but they're crazy expensive per unit compared to normal AAA/AA's. Worth it if it saves critical gear tho:
    https://www.energizer.com/batteries/...hium-batteries
    I won't cheap out on my next multimeter.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I've posted about leaking batteries in this thread a few times. Kirkland ones have been the worst. Never buying those again. A few issues with Energizer but not as frequent.

Ironically the only batteries I've never had an issue with are the cheapies that come with remote controls and other devices.

Lithium batteries might be the way to go for devices that only see sporadic use. They last a long time and don't fade, and shouldn't leak. More expensive, but you aren't saving $$$ by spending less on batteries that end up ruining the device they are in.
    Seriously! WTF has happened to Kirkland's QC? They actually used to be great batteries. Same with the AMZ Basics. Alkalines seemed to have gone downhill universally, but the Kirkland ones have been the most egregious lately for me. Throwing the rest away. Can't trust those pieces of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Single use. These ones have proven pretty bomber for me, but they're crazy expensive per unit compared to normal AAA/AA's. Worth it if it saves critical gear tho:
    https://www.energizer.com/batteries/...hium-batteries
    I won't cheap out on my next multimeter.

Hmmmm. Interesting.

I've got these Altec Lansing headphones. They're great - noise cancelling and all that good stuff. Thing is though, they don't seem to have any way to reset the bluetooth and/or force them in to pairing mode. When I turn them on, they connect to whatever device they're last paired to. If I want to pair them to something else, I need to go and find that device, and then disconnect them from the settings or whatever. It's annoying as hell.

If anyone has any tips, I'm all ears. Things have 3 buttons: << , || |> , >>

The play/pause is the power on/off button. I've tried holding it for a long time, nothing. Tried holding it and other buttons at the same time, nothing. Tried other buttons, nothing. The worst...

It is annoying that things don't fit back into the box they came in. And that I never remember to note how things are folded, arranged, etc before I take them out of the box. The latter annoyance also applies to every time I take something apart and then can't figure out how to put it back together.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I've got these Altec Lansing headphones. They're great - noise cancelling and all that good stuff. Thing is though, they don't seem to have any way to reset the bluetooth and/or force them in to pairing mode. When I turn them on, they connect to whatever device they're last paired to. If I want to pair them to something else, I need to go and find that device, and then disconnect them from the settings or whatever. It's annoying as hell.

If anyone has any tips, I'm all ears. Things have 3 buttons: << , || |> , >>

The play/pause is the power on/off button. I've tried holding it for a long time, nothing. Tried holding it and other buttons at the same time, nothing. Tried other buttons, nothing. The worst...
    I don’t know about these specifically, but lots of times there’s a small hole that only a paper clip or similar can fit in, and that’s the hard reset. Probably hiding somewhere weird.

Shit that annoys you

Cleaning the interior of my car. MG I am a disgusting animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Cleaning the interior of my car. MG I am a disgusting animal.
    I was annoyed that when I last took the Subi in for an oil change they gave it back to me with the outside all washed and clean but the inside untouched. They usually vacuum the floors and seats. Not this time. Dude apologized about it and said they were short on time. I told him I'd be happy to skip the outside wash every time if they want to do the vacuuming instead.

The car isn't exactly a pig sty mind you, it's mostly full of dust from driving dirt roads and dirt from putting the bike in there. And I hate vacuuming it with burning passion. What I dislike even more though is wasting water on cleaning the exterior...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I’ve been shopping for a truck and calling around dealerships, and a bunch of them advertise trucks as “in stock” that don’t exist, and then they try to sell you what they do have.

After I point out that that’s a bait and switch, and it’s illegal, they all hang up on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I’ve been shopping for a truck and calling around dealerships, and a bunch of them advertise trucks as “in stock” that don’t exist, and then they try to sell you what they do have.

After I point out that that’s a bait and switch, and it’s illegal, they all hang up on me.
    Oh yeah, I’ve run into that too. They say “Oh that’s at our other dealership”. Fuck off

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Single use. These ones have proven pretty bomber for me, but they're crazy expensive per unit compared to normal AAA/AA's. Worth it if it saves critical gear tho
    They seem to last me about 3x a long though. I use them in my Garmin on bikepacking trips. Normal alkalines only last a few hours, each pair of lithiums last all day.

For day rides I use I use Energizer renewable batteries in the Garmin. https://www.energizer.com/batteries/...able-batteries I have a quick charger that charges a pair in about 15 minutes. They don't seem to make the quick charger anymore which is a bummer as its super convenient. Never had the rechargeables leak, maybe I need to start using them for everything. Probably still cheaper than alkalines.

I read a comment somewhere, possibly on this forum, that production of almost all batteries has shifted to China or certain factories in China and almost all brands are having serious QC issues now - so only buy the highest end batteries.

I quickly learnt to ignore the websites when I was looking for the Impreza. It wasn't worth the heartburn. Once they told me that ordering exactly what I wanted was gonna take 4-6 months, the questions were a) tell me about what's on the lot that I can buy now and b) tell me about what you have arriving and when. I found a car arriving quickly enough at a price I was willing to pay that was close enough to the features I wanted. It sucked to have the dealer in control, and worse, to know they were in control. However, we got rid of the fucking Buick and have a decent car that meets the need.

I quickly learnt to ignore the websites when I was looking for the Impreza. It wasn't worth the heartburn. Once they told me that ordering exactly what I wanted was gonna take 4-6 months, the questions were a) tell me about what's on the lot that I can buy now and b) tell me about what you have arriving and when. I found a car arriving quickly enough at a price I was willing to pay that was close enough to the features I wanted. It sucked to have the dealer in control, and worse, to know they were in control. However, we got rid of the fucking Buick and have a decent car that meets the need.
    You had a Buick? Inherited from a relative that died of old age?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    I once drove 2 hours to look at a car the dealer had posted online and had verified on the phone was at the dealer.

We showed up and it was “at the shop getting detailed. Would you like to look at another car?”

What dumbasses. Makes it easy to figure out who to never do business with.
    That sucks. I really wish I could just build and order directly from Toyota. Dealerships just add so much headache and expense to the whole thing.

Riser..I’ll assume you checked Burlington Subaru? I got my daughters Impreza there…(albeit last year). The guy I worked with was really good to work with…(if u wanted a name?).

Not annoyed, but certainly not amused, so this goes here:

Ordered take out tonight.

The bill was $14.45

Gave the gal (guessing around 20 years old) fifteen dollars.

She needed the calculator app on her phone to determine how much change I was due.

I appreciate that younger folks aren't gonna know some stuff due to changing culture, technologies (i.e., analogue clock), etc.

But this is fairly simple math; it's still applicable to more than making change.

Yes, no, indifferent?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Get off my lawn!

And yes.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post

The bill was $14.45

She needed the calculator app on her phone to determine how much change I was due.

I appreciate that younger folks aren't gonna know some stuff due to changing culture, technologies (i.e., analogue clock), etc.

But this is fairly simple math; it's still applicable to more than making change.

Yes, no, indifferent?
    Annoying yes but it’s our generation(s) that educated her generation so who’s to blame? I’m not sure we shouldn’t be annoyed at ourselves. Collectively I mean. Not you and me specifically. We’ve obviously got our shit together.

The bill was $14.45

Yes, no, indifferent?
    Yes. It's simple math. Let this sink in. My daughter can whip out mental calculations like that no problem. Well up to 100 that is.
    ...she's 5. Since she was 3, we've been doing Singapore math, and have played a lot with loose change. It's pathetic that my 5 year old is better at this stuff than people who's job is literally to run a cash register. FFS.

When any employed person requires a calculator to figure out $0.55 worth of change, they need to smacked. Then their parents need to be smacked. Followed by their worthless educators. Either that girl's dumb as a box of rocks or she's been failed by everyone who raised her. Maybe both. Either way. Be annoyed. Be very annoyed.

The bill was $14.45

Yes, no, indifferent?
    She was probably waiting for your sticky fingers to pony up a couple more bucks for a tip and calculating what a cheapskate you were lol

The bill was $14.45

Yes, no, indifferent?
    they teach this to everyone in elementary school you dipshit.

Heh - that’s what I was thinking. Slow roll the calculations so you’ll just throw in the change.

“Hold on, I need to get out the abacus….”

Jesus, I hope he was going to tip more than 55 cents.

4% is the new 20%

Yeah, hand her a 20 your change would've been five singles with correct coins.