Page 28 of 122 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    this is all costing billions, it will get Trudeau re-elected, we will pay for it in future taxes but its a pandemic & can't be helped ,

and besides we wouldn't have enough iceflows to put people on
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

They should put the slackers to work building the wall

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    They should put the slackers to work building the wall

Wall not really needed. The ones we want to keep out would never want to travel outside of 'murica anyway. The ones who come here would at least have to know that countries do in fact exist outside of the USA, which automatically puts them at the IQ threshold high enough that they'll be vaccinated.

The real thing that's happening here is there is basically an exact date when it would be safe to open the border. There is no real appetite to hit that date right on, and if it happens later to be safe, pretty much everyone is cool with that. Eventually low COVID cases in North America won't be a new thing, it'll be old news and we can start to party together again.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    What is the Canadian government doing to help businesses and employees that have been harmed by the pandemic and lack of U.S. tourists?
    I know someone who owns a business in Vancouver, and he said the Feds had a paycheck supplement program similar to the American PPP. Not sure if it needed to be payed back.

there have been 3 packages of free money including the 500$ ( only for BC ?) to damn near anyone

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Wall not really needed. The ones we want to keep out would never want to travel outside of 'murica anyway. The ones who come here would at least have to know that countries do in fact exist outside of the USA, which automatically puts them at the IQ threshold high enough that they'll be vaccinated.

The real thing that's happening here is there is basically an exact date when it would be safe to open the border. There is no real appetite to hit that date right on, and if it happens later to be safe, pretty much everyone is cool with that. Eventually low COVID cases in North America won't be a new thing, it'll be old news and we can start to party together again.
    jk, im a slacker and wouldnt mind a job. Maybe.....

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post

Man I wish that were true.
    https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...l-hunting-trip

I worked in the guide outfitter biz in my youth - all I can say is where big game is concerned - they are not sending us their best! Some very notable exceptions - but yeesh, not many. Generally a different sort in the fish game from those I have met on the river and on the plane to and from.

But Trump Jr and the rest of his family are all vaxed.

Point Roberts' only grocery store says it will permanently close July 15 unless the border is opened. They mainly make their money on Canadian shoppers. WA Governor Jay Inslee is pissed, but of course he can't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Point Roberts' only grocery store says it will permanently close July 15 unless the border is opened. They mainly make their money on Canadian shoppers. WA Governor Jay Inslee is pissed, but of course he can't do anything about it.
    It's pretty ridiculous that they haven't make exceptions for exclaves like Point Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    There should be an asshole douche clause. Even absent a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    But Trump Jr and the rest of his family are all vaxed.
    ya but the members or his cult are not - and are exactly the type to lie about being vacinated 'caus "MAH FREEDOMS" and WHAT RIGHT does Canada have to control what a GODFEERINMURCAN DOES!

Some of these Fuckers would actually argue about the 2nd amendment as soon as they got off the fucking plane! No- you can't assemble your rifles in the airport and no there are no bears in said airport (well except for the stuffed one and he already dead!)

As soon as they step off the plane in full camo - you knew it was going to be fun. Sir - you know I can still see you right?

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    As soon as they step off the plane in full camo - you knew it was going to be fun. Sir - you know I can still see you right?
    You should've pretended you couldn't see them.

"Whos there! WHO IS SAYING THAT??"

So how do Trump Jr. and his friends get an exception to the border closure?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    So how do Trump Jr. and his friends get an exception to the border closure?
    aug 14, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    This whole thread reads like a Canadian version of a MAGA rally…. “Build the wall!”
    Not in your fucking life. Any stupid cocksucker who voices a "MCGA" sentiment in this country is immediately pegged as an idiot redneck goof. So no this doesn't read like a make canada great again rally. Canada didn't used to be that great (see residential schools), we're getting better and making reparations.

Swing and a fucking miss Josef.

This whole thread reads to me like a "no one up here is rushing to open the southern border until we don't think a bunch of lying covid infected douchbags is going to come up here and contaminate us" rally.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It's pretty ridiculous that they haven't make exceptions for exclaves like Point Roberts.
    QFT. WIll add Hyder, AK to this. Idiocy at its finest.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Not in your fucking life. Any stupid cocksucker who voices a "MCGA" sentiment in this country is immediately pegged as an idiot redneck goof. So no this doesn't read like a make canada great again rally. Canada didn't used to be that great (see residential schools), we're getting better and making reparations.

This whole thread reads to me like a "no one up here is rushing to open the southern border until we don't think a bunch of lying covid infected douchbags is going to come up here and contaminate us" rally.
    Also, this whole thread has been:

"Why can't we come to Canada?"

- explains why

"Ya but that's stupid. why can't we come to Canada?"
    27° 18°

over a year ago " someone " said that border would be open by summer... of which year ?

i think the sentiment was that the money is more important and would open that border

OTOH the exsplanations do give us good reasons to say nasty things

I haven’t read this whole tread but the parts I have read don’t seem to have a lot of people asking that question. The last big chunk has been about Canadian politics which was interesting because we hear close to zero about any of that down south.

All of that being said there has been far more people in this thread talking about how stupid and ignorant Americans (which can be true) than there have been people asking why they can’t get into Canada.

I feel like you’re making something up here and then arguing with yourself…

All of that being said there has been far more people in this thread talking about how stupid and ignorant Americans (which can be true) than there have been people asking why they can’t get into Canada.
    thats actulay WHY they can't get in

the smart ones would see why they can't get in to canada and not bother to ask

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I get in this argument occasionally with my MIL... she complains about people gaming the system and uses that as a reason to get rid of whatever program some person is gaming.

I try to get her to not dwell on the outlier cases and look to see if said program HELPS people that need help.

But she's old and doesn't want to hear it.
    I did not profit from the pandemic (didn't qualify for any stimulus money or PPP loans, etc.), like many folks I know (especially forgiven PPP loans). But I did get laid off due to the pandemic. And the UI bonus money *did* help me take my time with my job search, so I could hold out for something both interesting and lucrative. Took 5 months, but the new job is $45k more than the last (can I get a woohoo!). So I don't feel like I gamed any system, but that the UI bonus $$$ was appropriate and put to good use in my case.

FWIW, in CO, I did have to prove active job searching (NBD, as I actually was searching). They're probably too busy to actually verify anything though (but I think you do get pretty screwed if you get caught for UI fraud).

I feel like you’re making something up here and then arguing with yourself…
    Really?
    Explain this.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Really?
    Explain this.
    You are talking about MCGA which as far as I know is made up (again we don’t hear anything about Canada down here except for the occasional PM black face photo).

My point stands that a big chunk of this thread has been Canadians talking about how stupid or evil Americans are and they don’t want them to visit their country. If you can’t see the parallels between that and the rhetoric coming from maga rally’s about Mexicans coming to America then I can’t help you.

You should know that I still love your country and believe you should keep it closed as long as you please. Hopefully it’s open sooner rather than later.