Vonn v Kenworthy- Drop The Mic

Drop the Mic: Lindsey Vonn vs Gus Kenworthy - FULL BATTLE | TBS
    HARSH !
    next time, bring a puppy
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

They should both stick to skiing

never seen that show before
    turns out it's not about rapping...just insults

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    never seen that show before
    turns out it's not about rapping...just insults
    check out the Gronk one, scathing...

it's a rap battle...didn't you see 8 Mile ?

Isnt a rap battle freestyle?

Scripted bs.

To anyone associated with marketing of skiing in any way, find out who put this together and kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    To anyone associated with marketing of skiing in any way, find out who put this together and kill them.
    it wasn't a ski marketing crew, I'm sure. Mainstream idiots don't really know who these 2 are. It's like Dancing with the stars, if I were in a position to be asked to appear on tv in this capacity, I'd be like...nah, all set. But thanks

If your job as a professional athlete was supported by sponsorship dollars, I think you'd feel a bit differently.

Becoming mainstream on something like this, or dancing with the stars, makes you way more valuable to Smith or Patagonia or Oakley or whomever than some park rat with 10k Instagram followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    If your job as a professional athlete was supported by sponsorship dollars, I think you'd feel a bit differently.

Becoming mainstream on something like this, or dancing with the stars, makes you way more valuable to Smith or Patagonia or Oakley or whomever than some park rat with 10k Instagram followers.
    True, but are you an athlete or a celebrity ? I think I'd rather go the chris klug route and start a real estate company in aspen. or at least a car dealership with your name on it. Media sees you as a monkey that will keep viewers watching until the next commercial. How about a cameo in a movie ? Or getting on jeopardy ? Reading lame jokes at a rap battle or a roast, just kinda lame

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    True, but are you an athlete or a celebrity ? I think I'd rather go the chris klug route and start a real estate company in aspen. or at least a car dealership with your name on it. Media sees you as a monkey that will keep viewers watching until the next commercial. How about a cameo in a movie ? Or getting on jeopardy ? Reading lame jokes at a rap battle or a roast, just kinda lame
    Yeah, me as a person, I probably wouldn't go embarrass myself on cable TV, but I definitely would if it meant more money in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah, me as a person, I probably wouldn't go embarrass myself on cable TV, but I definitely would if it meant more money in the future.
    where do ya draw the line ? Where does it go from self promotion to just being a whore ? Examples like Bode telling the US SKi Team to GFY or Dave Chappelle walking away from $50 Mill because he couldn't have total control of the content, etc. It's all about integrity and Hollywood is a soulless place.
    It's sad that television generally has to dumb it all down for the masses. News has turned into a circus that's just designed to tittilate you until the next round of commercials.
    I think this rap battle show is pretty lame but I'm in for a few Yo Mamma is so fat jokes, esp when it's Gronk or Miss Vonn getting roasted. Somebody has to write those jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    I think this rap battle show is pretty lame but I'm in for a few Yo Mamma is so fat jokes, esp when it's Gronk or Miss Vonn getting roasted. Somebody has to write those jokes.
    One of my best friends was actually a writer on Drop the Mic for the first two seasons (I don't know if they got picked up for a third - he took another gig writing for a late night show when they were done shooting season 2).

He was not particularly proud of the work, but hey, it's a paycheck! He said Kenny G and Richard Marx were a lot of fun (they're actually next-door neighbors and good friends), but a lot of the others really sucked. Shoot days were looooong, because people generally couldn't get through the "rap" without a ton of takes and some serious editing.

Apparently, the show does really well thanks to all the social media sharing of things, so someone out there is watching, but it's not me.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    we’d all feel better watching if she was battling tiger.
    I thought the Rhonda Rousey reference was pretty funny.