Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Gee, maybe the government will eminent domain your parents' house to put up a socialized gay roller disco?
    Maybe your town has enough budget surplus to hire teams of gay roller disco engineers who'll say, "Let's just take Falcon3's parents property to bring gay roller disco to it's rightful preeminence! They're not doing anything cool with it!"'
    Then all the gay roller disco skaters start plugging up the roads instead, because they don't like the fuscia floors in the City gay roller disco...
    That’s some next level homophobia right there. Careful, your ignorance is showing.

Some of you have fucked up priorities, being a bully to people mostly clad in spandex is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by HellgateBasement View Post
    LOL Falcon and this Dutch MF are both supporting your main argument - that bikes should use separate purpose-built infrastructure away from car traffic - but your blood pressure is so high that you're still only seeing red. Try not to have a stroke over this.
    Naa, falcon was just gassing off about how wonderful the Dutch are and how they're sooo much more civilized... [Dutchies are famous for their cultural superiority and intolerance, and not tipping because they're cheapskates]
    Like falcon's town has the $$ to piss away on "lead bicycle infrastructure engineers" ["lead" implies teams of bicycle infrastructure engineers]...
    Like he would ride on the bike paths if he had the option...

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    That’s some next level homophobia right there. Careful, your ignorance is showing.
    Gay roller disco is a leisure/recreational choice, like riding a bike on the road in sight of a parallel bike path.
    If falcon can casually eminent domain someone else's property for his leisure/recreational choices [and to be more like the civilized Dutch], then why can't some over privileged roller disco sodomites casually do the same with his property, strictly for their gay recreational whims?

Naa, falcon was just gassing off about how wonderful the Dutch are and how they're sooo much more civilized... [Dutchies are famous for their cultural superiority and intolerance, and not tipping because they're cheapskates]
    Like falcon's town has the $$ to piss away on "lead bicycle infrastructure engineers" ["lead" implies teams of bicycle infrastructure engineers]...
    Like he would ride on the bike paths if he had the option...
    Quit pissing in your own Cheerios.

I was merely saying that Americans for the most part will continue doing things the way we’ve always done them, when there are other options out there that might work better.

Bikers will complain about cars and cagers will keep killing bikers unless we do something to change the game.

Do most places have the ability to institute Dutch bicycle infrastructure? No.

Do most places have the ability to be creative and look outside their box which generally only includes “watch for bikes” signs and painted bike lanes? I’d argue absolutely yes.

We got enough idiots trying to impose their culture on a place they've never been, so just stay in Wisconsin until you can bring up something worthwhile.
    I’m not in WI. My question is valid, I want answers

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Quit pissing in your own Cheerios.

I was merely saying that Americans for the most part will continue doing things the way we’ve always done them, when there are other options out there that might work better.
    I was just trying to explain to you that Americans are as bright as the next nationality, for the most part. That Americans do civil engineering as well as other nations of man, for the most part, and are quite capable of designing and implementing our own goddamn bike paths where the popular will exists. But that the major impediment to turning America into Maastricht is American cities have to respect private property, and can't casually take land and rights of land title away from landowners with a handwave from the burgermeister, the way you envision.

And then I invited you to gain a little perspective by thinking about your or your parents land being "eminent domained" for someone else's fucking recreation whim.

Bikers will complain about cars and cagers will keep killing bikers unless we do something to change the game.
    How about: Use the fucking BIKE PATH even if there is a road running nearby?

Do most places have the ability to institute Dutch bicycle infrastructure? No.
    They have more than enough ability. Question is Are they willing to pay for it?

Do most places have the ability to be creative and look outside their box which generally only includes “watch for bikes” signs and painted bike lanes? I’d argue absolutely yes.
    Do the Dutch have the ability to put men on the moon and return them safely to earth? I'd argue not, since they haven't shown the slightest aptitude for orbital mechanics, much less inclination to undertake anything more complex than pumping water and breeding weed in the last few centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m not in WI. My question is valid, I want answers

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

We can't have this conversation until you get to Wisconsin.

Sacramento Bike Advocates

https://sacbike.org

By working to make it safe and convenient for more people to take more trips by bike, we’re helping make the Sacramento region a cleaner, healthier, happier place to live and work. We:

Improve bike infrastructure and make our streets safer through Advocacy.

Turn community events into bikeable destinations through our Bike Valet program.

Provide free maintenance checks and simple repairs through Bike MD to keep bikes rolling safely.
    Connect bike donors with people needing bikes through BikeMatchSac.

Provide lights for bicycle safety at night through Lights On.
    Provide skills training to teach the basics of bicycling safely and confidently.

Help businesses be more bike-friendly by providing Support for Businesses.

It's Not a Bike Accident When a Car Hits a Rider

Highangle doing his best creakyfossil

^^^Ain’t that the truth

Figured someone in here would want to see this...

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/form...on-creek-road/
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    Figured someone in here would want to see this...

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/form...on-creek-road/
    Sounds like a helluva wreck. I hope he's able to pull through.

What a bunch of assholes
    While en route to help Bird, Todaro said his patrol vehicle’s emergency lights were on yet the sirens were off. Cyclists would not yield, the deputy said, making his trip more burdensome.“The public needs to know they need to get out of the way for emergency vehicles,” he said. “I shut the siren off because we don’t want to blow anybody’s ear out because we don’t want to cause a bike crash on the way to a bike crash.”
    One cyclist admonished him because she believed she had the right of way, he said. All told, about 100 cyclists on the road didn’t yield, he said.
    “Not a single bike pulled over,” he said.

It's been suggested that e-bikes may have some downsides.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post

While en route to help Bird, Todaro said his patrol vehicle’s emergency lights were on yet the sirens were off. Cyclists would not yield, the deputy said, making his trip more burdensome.“The public needs to know they need to get out of the way for emergency vehicles,” he said. “I shut the siren off because we don’t want to blow anybody’s ear out because we don’t want to cause a bike crash on the way to a bike crash.”
    One cyclist admonished him because she believed she had the right of way, he said. All told, about 100 cyclists on the road didn’t yield, he said.
    “Not a single bike pulled over,” he said.

What a bunch of assholes
    I experience cyclist god complex about every other week.

It's the disease of the era. Beliefs so strong, they think they can change reality. Politics, religion, cyclists, skiers, it's amazing.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    What a bunch of assholes
    I was just reading that. wtf?

Hope Bird recovers.

If the emergency vehicle is coming from behind riders going uphill (it’s about a 1000-1200’ climb) without a siren on, how are those people supposed to know they’re coming?

If they’re talking about the riders coming down, then - yeah - those riders should’ve pulled over.

Dunno what was in Bike Karen’s head…

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Hope Bird recovers.

If the emergency vehicle is coming from behind riders going uphill (it’s about a 1000-1200’ climb) without a siren on, how are those people supposed to know they’re coming?

If they’re talking about the riders coming down, then - yeah - those riders should’ve pulled over.

Dunno what was in Bike Karen’s head…
    E-bike Karen?

Sounds like a commercial operation was taking newbies on a tour. What could go wrong?
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Also Amsterdam is a city of 900,000 people, not 9million or whatever NYC is up to. I see videos of various Asian streets packed with bike commuters and I always wonder--how far are those people going.
    In my case I could easily go to the grocery store by bike in relative safety although I'd have to shop more often. I would be healthier from the riding and from buying less food but let's face it, I'm too fucking lazy--or rather I'm too damn impatient to spend the time.

Tried biking to the sunday downtown farmer's market in Sacramento from East Sac one time. A stop sign or a light every block both N/S and E/W on the route with bike lanes. And even if I wanted to run them the bad visibility at Midtown/downtown Sac intersections demands cautions. Never did it again. More than lane separation a successful bike commuter route needs to allow bikes to travel with minimal need to stop and go.
    Last edited by old goat; 08-01-2021 at 12:27 AM.

Goddamn roads all have stop signs or lights at intersections, so to whine that your urban bike path has stops at intersections is no justification whatsoever to ride on roads that have just as many stop intersections.
    Don't like stop signs interfering with the purity of your ride? Fucking move somewhere else.

I ride to the Bells frequently. It’s a pretty wide two lane road with restricted traffic. Most places there’s <6” gravel berm, then tall grass. If they’d had the siren on, I bet most people would pulled off.
    If a car pulled over, it would still take up more of the roadway than a single file rider.

It’s pretty easy for a rental ebike to hit 35 coming down. Roadies hit 50 all the time.

Goddamn roads all have stop signs or lights at intersections, so to whine that your urban bike path has stops at intersections is no justification whatsoever to ride on roads that have just as many stop intersections.
    Don't like stop signs interfering with the purity of your ride? Fucking move somewhere else.
    Was your step dad a cyclist or something? Was there some bad touch involved? If I got out a doll, could you show us on the doll where the bad cyclist touched you? Did the G-man eminent domain your house and build a bike path? What is it about bikes and bike paths that gets you so frothy?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I experience cyclist god complex about every other week.

It's the disease of the era. Beliefs so strong, they think they can change reality. Politics, religion, cyclists, skiers, it's amazing.
    I want whoever it was in this thread earlier back here now to tell you that you're imagining it, projecting, and can't possibly know what's in their heads. Then for true comedy he can go back to explaining how rare it is to see cyclists in NYC act as if all traffic laws are meaningless and how everyone who knows otherwise is delusional.

And in a surely doomed attempt at making this a little more reasonable, I'll say again that I and I assume most others here who aren't 100% cycling advocates are not in favor of cyclists being harmed, killed, or made to bike in dangerous conditions. I assume everyone agrees that drivers who menace or actually hit cyclists deserve to have the book thrown at them. But it's not as if one side has a monopoly on idiocy in this debate (and if you can't see how it's irritating to hear cyclists harp about how drivers should accept being inconvenienced by cyclists in the road and yet refuse to use bike paths because they might be similarly inconvenienced, well, I think you need to reconsider how you're looking at this).
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    I want whoever it was in this thread earlier back here now to tell you that you're imagining it, projecting, and can't possibly know what's in their heads.
    Looks like you just told him. Strong work.