Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1239
    [QUOTE=bigtrubs;2791565]

It took my brain a bit to process this....

Quote Originally Posted by stompinlines View Post
    It took my brain a bit to process this....
    it's not that hard to process.....it was balls deep...yeah, whistler is killing it this year....

Looks like these conditions might hold up until Wednesday. November, anyone?

BtW, Mark-R & I got on the last P2P gondi from Whistler to Blackcomb. It gets real windy as we pull away from the station, and incoming empty gondis are swinging hard. Our gondi starts some swinging action. My hangover / jay combo makes this a real trip. It feels like we're in a plane landing in high winds.. but with the knowledge that you're just in a small box on a wire without wings. Then as we pull away from the mountain, the gondi stops. The speaker crackles on with a warning sound: "Attention passengers, don't be alarmed, we just have to run the gondola in reverse. Then we'll be getting you on your way across to the other side." I laugh aloud and make jokes about parachutes and BASE jumping as an alternative. So, gondi runs in reverse. Stops. Then we inch out again over the chasm, moving through headwinds, tailwinds, sidewinds, and a complete white-out windless eye-of-the-storm moment over the creek. As we approach Blackcomb the winds kick in HARD again, but there's palpable relief amongst us few passengers. When we get out of the station some 30 minutes later, smiling blond station girl lets us know we were the last gondi to make it across before shutting 'er down ... I ask if I can go back again ...

Worth it though. Last lap down Spanky's with viz was the money. Hazume (sp?) entrance had been broken in -- that's one nice sketch. Also watched someone trying to hop the cliff INTO Zut Zut. Bad idea. They backed off with an exposed bootpack.. a friend of mine also flew off the 60 footer in Ruby yesterday... blind.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

We chose Baker today over Whistler in avoidance of the Saturday pow day gong show. How was it today?

bigtrubs wins -- nice pictures

welcome to the never ending all you can eat powder fest

are the buses still on ass-backwards routes? are there even enough people in town for this to even be an issue in the morning?

It's going off. Deepest snow I've ever skied yesterday in khybers. Almost too deep, but of course there's no such thing

Buses are back to normal and there's too many people here, stay away.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    still bangin' beats

I miss olympic parking restrictions...

Deeep

Nicely done laddy! Way to get after it.

As I sit at work this morning, with a nice view of the Shore and its snow capped mountains, Im kicking myself for not going up yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    I miss olympic parking restrictions...
    no doubt... khyber must be back to a full on FIS mogul run by noon.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    no doubt... khyber must be back to a full on FIS mogul run by noon.
    yeah, did two laps in the there yesterday and it was pretty jammed, but still managed to get two really good laps in today too.....sigh, it was good while it lasted!

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    yeah, did two laps in the there yesterday and it was pretty jammed, but still managed to get two really good laps in today too.....sigh, it was good while it lasted!
    I only said that because the last time I went down there I saw those Japanese Fellow ski tour people all cluster fucking around blowing wistles. Tomorrow will be better when all the citiots go home and we get another 15cms overnight.

15 overnight yah but freezing levels already going up.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    15 overnight yah but freezing levels already going up.
    still nuking at my house, city boy

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    still nuking at my house, city boy
    I just got down from Miller, puking up top but pretty sure its POURING halfway down. It's pissing in town in Pemby, I'm aware it's at a lower elevation than Whistler but I still doubt it's nuking in Whis. Even if it is, it'll be rain soon enough and wash those whole 2cm's away. 1600m freezing elevations are forecasted and are much higher than Whistler village.

Had a great day in the trees sub-alpine up there today, super deep bottomless fluffy goodness. Pretty rough road in and half way up due to rain washing most of the snow away. It was noticeably worse on the way down at 4:30 than it was on the way up at 9.

At least the weekend is over, so it shouldn't be too bad for people competing for lines in the alpine on resort, not so sure about what this will to do uncontrolled backcountry, I'd stick to the trees where the danger is moderate.

90cms foot pen or "deeeeeep" in English

Oboe was fluff, fluff and fluff.

Man this 330cm+ base is going to make for a killer spring touring season!

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    It was noticeably worse on the way down at 4:30 than it was on the way up at 9.
    Even worse at 6:00pm but man was it deep up there
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydave View Post
    Even worse at 6:00pm but man was it deep up there
    Shhhh

It's NEVER deep up Miller, hahahaha. Sooooooooooooo good!

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    It's pissing in town in Pemby, I'm aware it's at a lower elevation than Whistler but I still doubt it's nuking in Whis. Even if it is, it'll be rain soon enough and wash those whole 2cm's away. 1600m freezing elevations are forecasted and are much higher than Whistler village.
    That's why I had at least 5cms on my truck this am and skied cold deep blower with nobody on the hill until noon.

Pemby, you moved away from Whistler for some reason?

Gee gosh whizz was it nice today.

With a 330cm base some sack-up lines put in off Peak today. There's a variation that went skier's left off Cirque (looker's right narrow chute, right of the roped shelf/cliff). From the top -- duck the rope, don't fall of the death cliff, traverse out left, air into tight chute, tight turns, straightline and air the gap, and scream on out avoiding various rocks. I don't think I've ever seen this go before.

Also I noticed Friday the 13th was snagged x2 (as was Hanging Roll), and there were microlines all over the place in billygoat rocks that rarely see action.

Oh ya, jongsinwhistler will love this one. I almost disappeared from sight today. Hopped a tight entrance to the base of a cliff, and punched right through the bridge between the cliff and the snowpack. Fell up to my armpits -- luckily my skis arrested the fall against the cliff. I glanced down and it was daaaark and deeeep. Crawled out. I guess that's what falling in a crevasse is like.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    still bangin' beats

Epic fail to start my day. First into Whistler bowl, came down onto waterfalls. Ended up tumbling down a chute instead of airing off when the snow gave way beneath me

Not bad apart from that!