will i make it 2 canadia???

im bokked w/ vallhala for 3 days in feb. just found out canucks don't like dui's. to late to file for rehabilitation permirt. have one arrest in 99 for dui, pocession, parafenalia that was dismissed. the lost my bloood work (yes!). have dui conviction marin county CA 2003. As of now planning on flying to spokane, WA. driving to nelson crossing near colville. If they say anything just gonna tell the truth. try to look clean cut the whole yes sir no sir treatment. tell em i went rehab in 06 (i know i know i'm a quiter ) so wata u think em i gonna make it ??? am i dumb shit for trying??? should i just give seat to freinds and go slide somewheres else???

I have no knowledge of Canadian border rules/policies, however I have been up twice this year and both times, it was more difficult getting in than out. The American guard was like "welcome back, eh!" and the Canadian guards grilled us hard. Both times, I had two people in the car with various convictions (DUI, trespass, B&E dropped) and they were honest and still got through. They have been squeaky clean since 2003, so with your troubles at least 5-6 years behind you, you should be okay. Lots of eye contact, respect, and honesty should do the trick with the canuckleheads. Probably shouldn't smoke that last gigantic joint to "get rid of it before the border." Good luck brother!

Unlike the states, in canada a DUI is a felony and felons cannot enter the country I believe... you might be screwed, ive had a few friends turned away for some silly petty crimes. Best of luck though, there is always a chance, just dont cross at the vancouver boarder(they grill a bit harder there in my experience)

if it were any more recent than 99-03, i would suggest canceling this trip. its been a few years so you may be okay. that being said, even though it has been 5 years, you might actually need to do some sort of paperwork. im just not sure.

i live in WA, about 15 miles from the border (bellingham), and cross it a few times a year. it def seems like the Canadians have become grumpier in the last 2 years. before that it was always the american agents that were the unfriendly ones, but that has changed.

i think your best bet is to have gear on the car in plain site so they know without a doubt what youre doing up there and make it obvious that you're planning on spending plenty of loonies and twonies in their fair country. answer their questions honestly and hope for the best. its much better to be onest and get turned around at the border for your history than it would be to have been found lying to a border official. if they send you inside to immigration, DEF tell the truth as they have access to your info and will know if youre lying. i'm guessing that since you have a *conviction* they might not let you in. they wouldnt normally care about the other arrest if it was dismissed. i had a DUI from about 15 years ago that was dismissed and immigration has visibility of it but has no problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
    im bokked w/ vallhala for 3 days in feb. just found out canucks don't like dui's. to late to file for rehabilitation permirt. have one arrest in 99 for dui, pocession, parafenalia that was dismissed. the lost my bloood work (yes!). have dui conviction marin county CA 2003. As of now planning on flying to spokane, WA. driving to nelson crossing near colville. If they say anything just gonna tell the truth. try to look clean cut the whole yes sir no sir treatment. tell em i went rehab in 06 (i know i know i'm a quiter ) so wata u think em i gonna make it ??? am i dumb shit for trying??? should i just give seat to freinds and go slide somewheres else???
    In my experience, the Paterson crossing may be better for you - the Waneta crossing (Nelson) is a bit on edge.

Don't even bother trying to cross at Osoyoos.

Helldawg Guest
    If poor spelling and grammar were felonies, you'd definitely be denied...

And from what I've experienced with regard to Canuck DUI policies, you are screwed. If you do get in at all, you will be paying a stiff cash fine as an entry fee. Went up to New Brunswick for a bear hunt a few years back, guys with NRA stickers on their cars got hassled big time. Then they found out one of them had an OLD DWI, and he was flat out denied entry.

I don't know what to say. Give it a shot?

Fuck.

This has never been covered here.

Ever.

Search dumbass.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

you are screwed, you can't go, give me the trip.

problem solved

I think the border crossing involves a basic test of spelling and grammar.

You're fucked.

Yeah,

I'll buy your seat at the

"I'm so fucked because I have a dui rate of 50 percent off."

Just kidding.

And yes, this had been discussed countless times. Do your search.
    Stood upon a mountaintop.
    Walked barefoot in the Snow.

Quote Originally Posted by ryank View Post
    In my experience, the Paterson crossing may be better for you - the Waneta crossing (Nelson) is a bit on edge.
    That'd be Nelway, not Waneta. Waneta is by Trail.

I get a kick out of you guys saying the Canadian guards are hardasses and the Americans are tame. Maybe cause your coming into our country and returning to yours. Same thing happens when I go to the good ole U.S.of A. and come back to Canuckistan, the third degree on the way down and not so much on the way back.

yo soar dicks... i did my searches and and saw a lot of diffrent opinions. I was a tyrn to gather specific opinions on my specific situation. But in all honesty thanks for the replies everyone. and where is this here "more chill boarder crossing". oh and sorry about the typeos and shit ya see i spent most of my youth skiing, not learn how to read write or type. (check out the coma bitches and these here perethesees????)

If the OP does'nt drive thru the border and has a 'clean' person do it he will have a better chance of getting in.

...But this was all discussed ad nauseum 2 months ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by powderpyg View Post
    That'd be Nelway, not Waneta. Waneta is by Trail.

I get a kick out of you guys saying the Canadian guards are hardasses and the Americans are tame. Maybe cause your coming into our country and returning to yours. Same thing happens when I go to the good ole U.S.of A. and come back to Canuckistan, the third degree on the way down and not so much on the way back.
    Oops, right. I stand corrected. I always thought if I were to go to Nelson from Spokane, I would just hang right and cross at Waneta and just continue onto Salmo.

I've never had a problem crossing into Canada - it's always been a 5 second game of 20 questions. They've searched me twice coming back into the US though, for no reason. Just a random search. They've never found anything and have sent me on my way.