Page 271 of 929 FirstFirst ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,775 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It works on levels. The group that raises money and puts them up can still be the UDC but renamed United Daughters of the Covid.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    They should put microchips in the vaccine that broadcast a small signal that can be read by others with a microchip, and get an either red or green light in the implanted visual aid to appear above the head of the people in field of view. Green? Good to fuck, red stay away.

sent from Utah.
    BCA will make a killing !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0153.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	724.3 KB 
ID:	380088

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

The Pandemic ends when the prevalence vs consequences decrease to the levels of a bad seasonal influenza, and then we will say COVID is an endemic (seasonal respiratory virus) instead of pandemic illness.
    Or when the covid vaccine becomes a routine childhood vaccine. Of course the politics could prevent that; I wouldn't be surprised to see increasing resistance to all vaccines in the near future.

The trouble with new shutdowns is that the unvaxed will still be gathering, and unmasking, and keeping their businesses open (if they have enough employees to do so) and spreading the virus just as much as they are now. Vaccinated people don't need to shutdown, unvaccinated won't. I'm all for restrictions that work but I have no more patience for Covid theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    then we will say COVID is an endemic (seasonal respiratory virus) instead of pandemic illness.
    Which season?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    WHO urges vaccinated people continue wearing masks.
    American Academy of Pediatrics urges mask wearing.
    Nurses union urges CDC to reinstate universal masking.

The importance of mask wearing among the vaccinated population is at the very least unsettled science. The CDC is a weighty source for disease-related information but it is not a be-all, end-all.
    Along the same lines (posted before)

https://www.wired.com/story/the-teen...ed-covid-kill/

tl/dr: the first head of the CDC was apparently the guy who stepped way TF out of his lane and declared that nothing larger than 5 microns could be airborne. Lots of people built on that error for a long time and some probably still are.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    ...... Of course the politics could prevent that; I wouldn't be surprised to see increasing resistance to all vaccines in the near future.
    I, for one, would welcome the return of whooping cough, polio and small pox.

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    The country has literally been held hostage by people who are selfish, distrustful of scientific facts, and gullible when it comes to conspiracies for literally the last year and a half…
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Good one!

Although they never really wanted to honor history, only their white supremacy history.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    The country has literally been held hostage by people who are overweight, have health issues, and the elderly for literally the last year and a half…
    You literally don’t know what literally means.

Fear is money in the media world.
    agreed.

Best layperson summary I’ve seen on the finite risks of getting the rona despite vaccination: https://slate.com/technology/2021/07...ugh-cases.html

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    You guys still think masks work. Unbelievable.
    I wonder what it is like to be so obtuse you cannot see the difference between a system that produces incremental improvements vs something that is completely effective.

Masks, especially when worn by the infected, reduce transmission. Masks also reduce the viral load the uninfected receive when around the infected. This can be demonstrated using basic physics and experimental tests. Additionally, it is supported by over 100 years of use in the medical community. To refute the demonstrable and accepted protection of masks, we would need a significant and robust study to demonstrate their ineffectiveness. No such study exists.

If masks (and social distancing) do not work, then what is the explanation for the all time low flu infections last year?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Best layperson summary I’ve seen on the finite risks of getting the rona despite vaccination: https://slate.com/technology/2021/07...ugh-cases.html
    Faust?

masking indoors in public makes a great deal of sense,” Faust said. “Even here in Boston, where the case counts are low, I would mask in indoor settings where everyone’s vaccination status is unknowable.”
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Texas governor prohibits countries from requiring masks!

While it appears hospitalizations and deaths from covid are going up.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Re breakthroughs.

There is now a body of data that suggests double vaxxed people are 85-88% protected against symptomatic disease from Delta, and 96% against hospitalization.

But that means 1 in 8 vaccinated people will still get breakthrough cases, "mild" is subjective but vaxxed typically have 40% less virus at peak viremia. So also less likely to transmit as well.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Re breakthroughs.

There is now a body of data that suggests double vaxxed people are 85-88% protected against symptomatic disease from Delta, and 96% against hospitalization.

But that means 1 in 8 vaccinated people will still get breakthrough cases, "mild" is subjective but vaxxed typically have 40% less virus at peak viremia. So also less likely to transmit as well.
    What is meant by "double vaxxed"? Does it mean receiving both doses of a single vaccine? If so, then folks should cut it out because it means that one is dosed as directed. Fully vaxxed is the correct terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    What is meant by "double vaxxed"? Does it mean receiving both doses of a single vaccine? If so, then folks should cut it out because it means that one is dosed as directed. Fully vaxxed is the correct terminology.
    Both doses of any combo of vaccines.

One dose is looking 33% protection. If anyone went J&J, you might want a second dose of a different flavor.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    BCA will make a killing !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0153.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	724.3 KB 
ID:	380088
    That’s a nice looking stud finder

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I, for one, would welcome the return of whooping cough, polio and small pox.
    You are a true patriot, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Faust?

masking indoors in public makes a great deal of sense,” Faust said. “Even here in Boston, where the case counts are low, I would mask in indoor settings where everyone’s vaccination status is unknowable.”
    I wouldn't trust him. It's well known that he made a deal with the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Re breakthroughs.

We should be clear on the definition of "breakthrough" for everyone's sake. Breakthrough means infection in anyone who has received a full course of a vaccine which includes the 2 weeks after the second dose. However, the bigger challenge wrt covid is that we are using PCR tests and non-rigorous viral load cutoffs to call someone "infected." PCR is exquisitely sensitive which means that many "positives" will exist at a level that is neither contageous nor a health issue (as Mofro indicated).

Washington State University has a vaccine mandate for their students, yet their football coach refuses to get vaccinated. He's the only Pac 12 coach to refuse the vaccine. What a role model!

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-12-media-day/

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    However, the bigger challenge wrt covid is that we are using PCR tests and non-rigorous viral load cutoffs to call someone "infected." PCR is exquisitely sensitive which means that many "positives" will exist at a level that is neither contageous nor a health issue (as Mofro indicated).
    How is this a problem? If the person is positive (and assuming not an outright false positive), how is that an issue of concern.

They are certainly positive and if not contagious it certainly is a better way to error than to call them negative when they are actually contagious, right?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Washington State University has a vaccine mandate for their students, yet their football coach refuses to get vaccinated. He's the only Pac 12 coach to refuse the vaccine. What a role model!

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-12-media-day/
    "Coug'n it!"

Dude should not be allowed to coach at WSU and certainly not set foot on any other campus or travel via airplane

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    How is this a problem? If the person is positive (and assuming not an outright false positive), how is that an issue of concern.

They are certainly positive and if not contagious it certainly is a better way to error than to call them negative when they are actually contagious, right?

I think it's good to provide context to the "positive" tests for the breakthrough cases because it makes people falsely think the vaccines don't work.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    "Coug'n it!"

Dude should not be allowed to coach at WSU and certainly not set foot on any other campus or travel via airplane
    I guess one of the requirements when they hired him was he had to be just as dumb as Mike Leach.