Page 104 of 197 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    <snip>
    What also would suck is if fuckwits started riding up Porc
    I rode up Porc once.

That was a mistake.

^^^ Bwhahaahahahahahahahahahahhaha
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That Kenevo video is a bike-hating Sierra Clubber's wet dream.
    Wait!?!? Didnt you go to rampage? Did you drive out there? Of course you never drifted your tires on the drive. No one does that ever anywhere. Clearly all those 4x4 trails are elegal
    Absolutely every arguement against in this thread is just an oppurtunity to flex. Wasnt enough for evdog to flex to the guy that didnt want to ride a 50lb bike with motor drag. Thats all it was , looking for an oppurtunity to flex. Wasnt enough oppurtunity though, he has to come here to further flex. News flash, theres literally thousands and thousands and thousands of people flexing equally but they just dont feel the need to talk about it or rub it in. Shit is cringeworthy to the max. Much like the pb haters that feel the need to participate in the eeb articles. Its all just flexing. I dont see them calling out moto guys or standing out side the grocery store calling out people with single use plastics. Cant flex with either of those cases. Thanks for the good laugh little boys

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Was down in Moab in the fall to guide the Fat Tire Festival, around 1994.

Drizzly overcast kind of a day and I was bored so I rode up Porc to the Castle Valley overlook. Zero downhill traffic.

Awesome pour off action and waterfalls out the ass, great climb.

I don't dislike E-bikes, some of their owners are douches though.
    If there was a day with no downhill traffic, I would do that once for posterity as well. I bet it had some...challenging...sections!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Wait!?!? Didnt you go to rampage? Did you drive out there? Of course you never drifted your tires on the drive. No one does that ever anywhere. Clearly all those 4x4 trails are elegal
    I never said the wildernut position was logical. The rest of your bizarrely defensive post is...bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I rode up Porc once.

That was a mistake.

Heh... Were drugs involved?

I'm sort of digging the Kona Remote...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	remote_160_opt.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	315505

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Totally see the fit for dirt mopeds at dville.

Here’s a blog worth a read. https://goodheartsolutions.com/2019/...emtb-thoughts/
    Here he is addressing the recent ebike summit on the subject.

If there was a day with no downhill traffic, I would do that once for posterity as well. I bet it had some...challenging...sections!
    It was a surprisingly friendly and good climb. That 1st mile or so contained a couple of sections that were Challenging and there was a creek flowing though part of it.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I would think the double track chundery section below the overlook would be hard to find a good climbing rhythm in...I rode porc in 94’ as well, on a Klein Adroit Hardtail with a mag 21. Beat the shit outta me.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I would think the double track chundery section below the overlook would be hard to find a good climbing rhythm in...I rode porc in 94’ as well, on a Klein Adroit Hardtail with a mag 21. Beat the shit outta me.
    I did it in 94 on a GT steel hardtail with a Mag 10, my little bro was on a full rigid Trek. I was achy but he was thoroughly wasted for 2 days.

Too funny. I was on a Fisher CR-7 with a rigid fork. Loved that bike, except the bolts for the rear triangle kept failing.

Enough with the Hijack. Ride what you want and where you are allowed or change the rules.

That makes no sense. What about heavy people on 30lb bikes. They must be trail terrorists!!
    I'm not talking about wear from the weight of the bike, I'm talking about wear from people doing multiple laps of hard to reach trails (which are marked no ebikes) and doing so in poor conditions due to accessibility provided by the ebikes. This is a real and observed phenomenon in Whistler, made worse because tourists who spent thousands to go there feel they have the right to do it (even though there are many other trails to ride in bad conditions, or that are built up for heavy traffic/not in sensitive environments).

I’m glad we’ve given people a chance to remind us about their late 90s exploits.
    Before bikes got good at going downhill, I tried to enjoy uphills too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

I guess its too bad you never got to the point you were able to enjoy that part of riding, because it is at least 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    I'm not talking about wear from the weight of the bike, I'm talking about wear from people doing multiple laps of hard to reach trails (which are marked no ebikes) and doing so in poor conditions due to accessibility provided by the ebikes. This is a real and observed phenomenon in Whistler, made worse because tourists who spent thousands to go there feel they have the right to do it (even though there are many other trails to ride in bad conditions, or that are built up for heavy traffic/not in sensitive environments).
    Well if you want to alter what you originally said i guess i will too.
    So bigger super fit people cant ride dark crystal? Only reserved for you and your bros. Ban tourists!!
    https://www.facebook.com/10662418937...2131778822845/

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Somehow these Downieville videos have me thinking more about Ebikes and LoamWolf made a great point saying how now suddenly the classic torture rides that you might do once per year are now more accessible.

We have a classic epic around here called Cox Hill which requires a 14km gravel road shuttle (or pedal) and then climbs which are eroded, steep, rough, and loose but the views are absolutely amazing and the final downhill is one of the roughest and best around. It used to be a popular ride in the 90s but erosion has really done its thing to scare a lot of people off. I see now Ebikes transforming it back to popularity...but fuck, it will NOT be able to handle it.

Another example would be pedaling instead of shuttling something like the Whole Enchilada (hope you bring an extra battery). I usually pedal it from town and its really not as bad or long as you would think and I foresee Ebikers maybe deciding to do the same.

I realize these are obvious points but its something I didn't really think about before.

Remind me again how much the geometry will be affected by 'mulletting' the Heckler with a 150 fork?
    If the trail can't handle a dozen of so extra riders then it really shouldn't be ridden at all. Maybe the Calgary bike scene should step up and do trail work on it to make it sustainable. Seems to be endless money being poured into Bragg Creek area.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Also found that statement strange. That trail changed very little in the 25years that i was riding it. The flood years were the significant changes and most of that is the cox dh part. I dont think itll have an army of eevs now that there is more eebs selling. Itll have a bit more use. The trail work needs to be for the flooding

Serms like a decent option and a reasonable price

https://www.cyclotricity.com/uk/cust...rive-ekit.html

Also found that statement strange. That trail changed very little in the 25years that i was riding it. The flood years were the significant changes and most of that is the cox dh part. I dont think itll have an army of eevs now that there is more eebs selling. Itll have a bit more use. The trail work needs to be for the flooding

I think if the trail was fixed up, it would get way more traffic. The Lusk Creek climb seems to me to be exactly where an EBike would make a slog way easier. 468m in 3.9 km. As well as pedaling the road to get to it.

In any case it’s in the park, and at the moment at least ebikes aren’t allowed on it, it’s to remote from Calgary for the bike clubs to be interested in doing any maintenance, and the park doesn’t spend money on those trails anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    I think if the trail was fixed up, it would get way more traffic. The Lusk Creek climb seems to me to be exactly where an EBike would make a slog way easier. 468m in 3.9 km. As well as pedaling the road to get to it.

In any case it’s in the park, and at the moment at least ebikes aren’t allowed on it, it’s to remote from Calgary for the bike clubs to be interested in doing any maintenance, and the park doesn’t spend money on those trails anymore.
    Ya its too bad. That trail has a lot of fun. Lusk is ok to link to it and that beach sand would be better on the eeb but its not the funnest trail. Baldy would be nice. Probably make the top climb and boost back to lusk p lot on the highway. Lots of quiet spots in k country other than those thatd be good on the eeb. Its all about timing. I wont name the newer illegal trails that lots are riding but theyd be awesome for the eeb. Maybe a yam climb instead of a hike a bike?

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    In any case it’s in the park, and at the moment at least ebikes aren’t allowed on it,
    Thanks for the clarification, I'm going to have to keep up with where locally the eB's are G2G or not. I didn't mean that I was seeing eBikes at Cox, just that to me with the road and loose eroded climbs I definitely see this ride in particular around here as a perfect ride for the eB.

Ya its too bad. That trail has a lot of fun. Lusk is ok to link to it and that beach sand would be better on the eeb but its not the funnest trail. Baldy would be nice. Probably make the top climb and boost back to lusk p lot on the highway. Lots of quiet spots in k country other than those thatd be good on the eeb. Its all about timing. I wont name the newer illegal trails that lots are riding but theyd be awesome for the eeb. Maybe a yam climb instead of a hike a bike?
    You might as well name them (I'm curious), theres only like 3 of us here anyway, I know all Our crew does a lot of hike-a-bikes but in terrain that requires some rock scrambling where I would NOT want to be carrying an eB.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, I'm going to have to keep up with where locally the eB's are G2G or not. I didn't mean that I was seeing eBikes at Cox, just that to me with the road and loose eroded climbs I definitely see this ride in particular around here as a perfect ride for the eB.

You might as well name them (I'm curious), theres only like 3 of us here anyway, I know all Our crew does a lot of hike-a-bikes but in terrain that requires some rock scrambling where I would NOT want to be carrying an eB.
    You know them. The ones around dead mans(2? Maybe 3)

If you are under 65 yo and ride an ebike on a trail; you are an asshole.
    Hello darkness my old friend

Seems that lots of the new ones being launched the last while are all using the Shimano system. Is it becoming the goto system for brands?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    It was a surprisingly friendly and good climb. That 1st mile or so contained a couple of sections that were Challenging and there was a creek flowing though part of it.
    It's much smoother now as you probably know and bikes climb better now too. So climbing it now is much much easier than you think, and there are 'easy' lines going up you don't see going down at high speed.....and it avoids all the shitty shuttling time and double-track if you have limited time, which means all you do is get to ride the best section of singletrack anywhere in the world, and you get to scope the DH lines on the way up so you kinda memorize the trail for the down. I ride it at sunset when there is few people around, I bet early morning would work too. And in the morning you'd avoid the sun in yer eyes the whole way at sunset.

I do get a bit paranoid when going up listening to people coming down and being ready to jump out of the way, downhillers have right-of-way on that IMO. I don't recommend going up it to anyone but I ain't gonna stop doing it. Without an ebike, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    If you are under 65 yo and ride an ebike on a trail; you are an asshole.
    You make quite a compelling argument there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.