Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    NWAC's slick, but somehwat hidden, accumulated precipitation table shows Tline Lodge picking-up 12.8" of water since noon Thurs
    http://www.nwac.us/data-portal/accum...precipitation/

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    He lives! How are you recovering? You and the fam coming to Bachy this season?
    Yes sir, we have at least 2 trips planned. I will keep you apprised.

Recovery... I probably will have a bit of ongoing numbness in my left index finger, but nothing that warrants surgery. Maybe it'll diminish over time, but I can't complain either way. I've been able to do what I want to do around the house (digging post holes with a jack hammer, roofing, flooring, drywall work). More sore more easily, but fully functional.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Happy to hear that, well except for the numbness. No need for surgery unless numbness causes you to drop stuff all the time.

Lookin forward to skiing and feasting with you and the fam this winter.

In other matters...Any of you Bend maggots want to claim the unmounted Wren 108s in the shop at Skjeersaas?

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    HRM chair to open at 8:30 to get more people parking away from the main lot that don't need equipment or lessons. It may turn into a clusterfuck on a powder day.
    https://www.skihood.com/about-us/meadows-blog
    I see most people getting in one hrm lap then waiting for shooting star to open. Why not just open the whole mountain at 8:00 like the old days?

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Yes sir, we have at least 2 trips planned. I will keep you apprised.

Recovery... I probably will have a bit of ongoing numbness in my left index finger, but nothing that warrants surgery. Maybe it'll diminish over time, but I can't complain either way. I've been able to do what I want to do around the house (digging post holes with a jack hammer, roofing, flooring, drywall work). More sore more easily, but fully functional.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I am glad to hear recovery has been good. Sorry to hear about the numbness, but could have been worse. A CRAZY deal that was. I told the family about it, they all send their thoughts for a full recovery. My little guy is STOKED to ski with your not so little guy!!!

Damn...cannot wait to get up there!!!

2017/2018 ofishul orygun thread

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    I see most people getting in one hrm lap then waiting for shooting star to open. Why not just open the whole mountain at 8:00 like the old days?
    I assumed that patrol would clear the hill by 8:30a and star would be open

But maybe that’s naive

If we’re really confined to HRM, I’m not sure that will satisfy the core riders that would be likely to rush to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    I assumed that patrol would clear the hill by 8:30a and star would be open

But maybe that’s naive

If we’re really confined to HRM, I’m not sure that will satisfy the core riders that would be likely to rush to get there.
    If i'm in line at 8 (which I usually am) I'm not there to ski back down to HRM. If at least Star isn't running or gates aren't open, then it's somewhat of a waste.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    Why not just open the whole mountain at 8:00 like the old days?
    Go ask the first pro patroller you see at MHM this question. Make sure you have your GoPro on and facing toward them when you do. Post footage here.

Interesting. What size & '17 or '18?
    In other matters...Any of you Bend maggots want to claim the unmounted Wren 108s in the shop at Skjeersaas?

189s.
    They had the topsheet shown on the website, so guessing this years. Looked to be getting mounted. Didn't spend too much time with them - not right to fondle another mans virgin skis without permission.

I see. Thought you were saying, a pair for sale..
    W108 next on my radar

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I see. Thought you were saying, a pair for sale..
    W108 next on my radar
    I am in need of new ski's, and am leaning this direction also. My snowboard will still happen for the big days, but my current 86" underfoot is not adequate for powder days. (It could be my skills too...) 108 seems to be about right...who knows though. I plan to demo!

Please pardon the polite interruption, Bendites...

I just relieved gepmeow of his old Tychoons. Is anyone planning a trip to the Seattle area in the next few weeks? I'd like to find a ride for these skis if possible.

Thanks

I'll be traveling down and back from Seattle first week in December unless Bachy spins before thanksgiving. Let me know if you want to keep that as a working option..

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

I just relieved gepmeow of his old Tychoons. Is anyone planning a trip to the Seattle area in the next few weeks? I'd like to find a ride for these skis if possible.

Thanks

Hitting up Hood Tomorrow! Getting as high as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Thanks
    Enjoy - Tychoons are my daily driver at MtB. First convo with Gepmeow started "hey, nice skis".

They are damp and stable, great for everything except ice and 6"+. Fun to put em on edge for fast big-radius turns. Rocks fear being crushed by their bases.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I'll be traveling down and back from Seattle first week in December unless Bachy spins before thanksgiving. Let me know if you want to keep that as a working option..
    Yes, that sounds great! Thanks, man.
    Enjoy - Tychoons are my daily driver at MtB. First convo with Gepmeow started "hey, nice skis".

They are damp and stable, great for everything except ice and 6"+. Fun to put em on edge for fast big-radius turns. Rocks fear being crushed by their bases.
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    HRM chair to open at 8:30 to get more people parking away from the main lot that don't need equipment or lessons. It may turn into a clusterfuck on a powder day.
    https://www.skihood.com/about-us/meadows-blog
    F this, stay over in main. Hood River folks do not need any more 2wd non-chain wearing slow driving wrecks waiting to happen continuing over the pass in their direction.

I also see this as negatively impacting the number of doughnuts completed in the hrm lot prior to parking. People, this is no bueno.

Whats the over under on the number of x country skiers headed to teacup rear-ending people trying to turn into hrm on a powder day?

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post
    Getting as high as possible.
    Always a good game plan!

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Keep an eye out for NoPostholio moseying uphill.
    Will do, you know his colors?

Red rig with camper, last i skied with him, green vulcans

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

Go ask the first pro patroller you see at MHM this question. Make sure you have your GoPro on and facing toward them when you do. Post footage here.
    this is news to me as well. it'll be interesting to see how this all works out.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Oakridge is in great shape right now. I haven't even scratched the surface of the riding out there, but the little I've ridden combines Santa Cruz style sustained steep descents with moderate chunk and shale not found in the coastal hills of Alsea and Whypass. When the dirt is moist and the rocks are dry at Oakridge it makes for pretty magical descents. I will say that all the well known trails are accessed from pretty punishing climbs (hence the two shuttle companies plus multitude of people self-shuttling out there). It seems like there isn't a whole lot of riding in Oakridge that has more moderate or mellow sustained climbs more appropriate to my 1x setup and out of shape legs (which are totally fine climbing Alsea and Whypass) ... but like I said I'm still exploring.
    Sounds rad! Thinking about heading down to Oakridge or maybe the Bend area for a daytrip this weekend. It has been 70s and clear all this week and the weekend is looking good for some late fall 1-track!

Most of the pro patrollers have no problem with all operations going back to the 8:00 start time. Many of them have worked for my business during the summer and it's been discussed often. It's Meadow's management that doesn't want to pay for an extra hour of labor each day, an extra two hours if you count that they used to be open to 10:00 on nights.

TBS, check, looks like your go pro is on.