Page 906 of 929 FirstFirst ... 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 ... LastLast
Results 22,626 to 22,650 of 23206
    Layperson summary of how Covid $$ got mRNA over the finish line, with benefits for cancer research etc etc. https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ology-diseases

I look fwd to the vaxxtards embracing modern medicine and realizing they shouldn’t listen to the YouRube celebrities monetizing the audience’s idiocy.

There's a big flake on the local Nextdoor posting shit calling vaccinated people the enemy of humanity like we're The Body Snatchers.. Been going on for almost a month and they still haven't banned them yet, just keep deleting their posts.

On the rational front, Mrs Jong is considering getting her BV/O booster early because she's traveling for business at the end of the month. Asked me my opinion and I couldn't think of any downside (which is rare for me Mr Worst Case Scenario Always hahaha!).

I'm still planning do get my next one the same time as the fall flu shot.... just like the last one I got.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I asked my medical advisor ( retired skibro/ MD) for a consult and he seems pretty blaise about this booster which is unusual cuz he is always on top of stuff which indicates its less important but i plan to get it anyhow

up here the BC gov texts you when you are due, you book an appointment on yer phone and show up at the date & time, mines at safeway pharmacy so I can do some food shopping
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I asked my medical advisor ( retired skibro/ MD) for a consult and he seems pretty blaise about this booster which is unusual cuz he is always on top of stuff which indicates its less important but i plan to get it anyhow

up here the BC gov texts you when you are due, you book an appointment on yer phone and show up at the date & time, mines at safeway pharmacy so I can do some food shopping
    MD's, after being forced to tow the "science is settled" line for 3+ years or risk losing their jobs/careers, are finally beginning to be comfortable speaking their minds again without fear of reprecussions from the State. Fucked up actually.

The fact that Emergency Departments aren't spilling out in to waiting areas and parking lots, and morgues aren't so backed up they need refrigerator trucks outside proves the science is settled.. Or is it just a coincidence that these things trended down exactly as vaccine adoption trended up??

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    MD's, after being forced to tow the "science is settled" line for 3+ years or risk losing their jobs/careers, are finally beginning to be comfortable speaking their minds again without fear of reprecussions from the State. Fucked up actually.
    Or maybe, just maybe, we're in a much different place right now than we were even a year ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    well ski bro hasnt had a license to practice for at least 6 years, so he could always say whatever he wanted on the covid file, he always chose to always be right up to date on mask edicts his own vax & booster, still talked to other HC professionals, read all he could and believes the earth is round

he hasnt stopped beliving the earth is round but he hasnt stayed up to date on this last booster yet but its been ski season

we do have a couple of MD's in town who are antivax and its well known, my PT thru the whole lockdown was anti-vax but they all followed the health edicts as set down by public health in BC

or they would have been fucked with/ shut down, we don't have history of rugged individualism or shooting each other up narth eh

Naw man. 99.9% of doctors recommended the vaccine only because the State told them to. And now somehow that state no longer cares and they can go back to saying how they truly feel…

The impotent anger of misinformed covidiots was funny, then sad, then destructive, and now is just embarrassing and pathetic.

Now it’s like passing a raving lunatic on the street shouting about Soros and vaccine shedding etc. “What a shame” you say as you walk by avoiding eye contact.

we do have a couple of MD's in town who are antivax and its well known, my PT thru the whole lockdown was anti-vax but they all followed the health edicts as set down by public health in BC
    So they are anti-vax - but they followed the rules - so they got at least two covid doses in order to keep seeing patients you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

“What a shame” you say as you walk by avoiding eye contact.
    Not responding/not quoting is the internet equivalent of the “What a shame” you say as you walk by avoiding eye contact…

Dr Oz..

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Not responding/not quoting is the internet equivalent of the “What a shame” you say as you walk by avoiding eye contact…
    Good point

MD's are independant business men so I think they get to set the vax rules in their own office, not sure about hospitol privileges for an unvaxed MD ? I'm pretty sure my PT wasnt vaxed but he didn't go in a hospitol

I think the MD's did not vax but had to observe all the rules as set out by northern health for any business like masks and distancing ect, if a business was not following health edicts there was a narthern health guy walking (goose stepping actualy ) around town telling them to get in-line or get fined/ shut down

there are a fair amount of religious wacko nutjob up here its like a narthern bible belt

i beleive unvaxed hospitol staff got the axe

…. i beleive unvaxed hospitol staff got the axe
    I think the proper term was unpaid leave. They did not lose their position, and at least here, most of the few that were told to stay home have returned to their position.

MD's are independant business men so I think they get to set the vax rules in their own office, not sure about hospitol privileges for an unvaxed MD ? I'm pretty sure my PT wasnt vaxed but he didn't go in a hospitol

I think the MD's did not vax but had to observe all the rules as set out by northern health for any business like masks and distancing ect, if a business was not following health edicts there was a narthern health guy walking (goose stepping actualy ) around town telling them to get in-line or get fined/ shut down

there are a fair amount of religious wacko nutjob up here its like a narthern bible belt

i beleive unvaxed hospitol staff got the axe
    https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022HLTH0047-000195

“In follow-up to the notice given to health professionals in October 2021, the provincial health officer is finalizing, in consultation with all health professional colleges, an order that requires all regulated health professionals to be vaccinated by March 24, 2022, to work in their occupation in British Columbia.

The order applies to the following health professions:

acupuncturists
    audiologists
    chiropractic doctors (chiropractors)
    certified dental assistants
    dental hygienists
    dentists
    dental technicians
    dental therapists
    denturists
    dietitians
    hearing instrument practitioners
    massage therapists
    midwives
    naturopathic physicians (naturopaths)
    nurse practitioners
    registered nurses
    occupational therapists
    opticians
    optometrists
    pharmacists
    pharmacy technicians
    physical therapists (physiotherapists)
    physicians and surgeons
    podiatric surgeons (podiatrists)
    licensed practical nurses
    registered psychiatric nurses
    psychologists
    speech-language pathologists
    traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) practitioners“

——

I bet a lot of the vocal anti-vax MDs/PTs/nurses in North America (who all got multiple vaccines as a kid and had that checked prior to being accepted into medical school) quietly got covid vaccines - cause money talks.

Sure some quit instead.

But if they were in BC and kept seeing patients the link above seems to indicate the ones you’re talking about got vaxxed.

If you ask them about it I bet they’ll squirm.

I haven't seen anybody in ER or clinic for probably a year who has had any significant pulmonary burden with covid, young or old, vaccinated/boosted or not. Interpret that however you want.

We could all see this one coming. The fact that most people got vaccinated, and especially the elderly, led to many lives being saved and also got us to where we are now with--hopefully--the worst of the pandemic in the rear view. But instead of recognizing this the anti-vax crowd thinks the fact that cases are down and doctors are less adamant about Covid boosters shows the vaccinations weren't needed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022HLTH0047-000195

“In follow-up to the notice given to health professionals in October 2021, the provincial health officer is finalizing, in consultation with all health professional colleges, an order that requires all regulated health professionals to be vaccinated by March 24, 2022, to work in their occupation in British Columbia.

The order applies to the following health professions:

acupuncturists
    audiologists
    chiropractic doctors (chiropractors)
    certified dental assistants
    dental hygienists
    dentists
    dental technicians
    dental therapists
    denturists
    dietitians
    hearing instrument practitioners
    massage therapists
    midwives
    naturopathic physicians (naturopaths)
    nurse practitioners
    registered nurses
    occupational therapists
    opticians
    optometrists
    pharmacists
    pharmacy technicians
    physical therapists (physiotherapists)
    physicians and surgeons
    podiatric surgeons (podiatrists)
    licensed practical nurses
    registered psychiatric nurses
    psychologists
    speech-language pathologists
    traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) practitioners“

——

I bet a lot of the vocal anti-vax MDs/PTs/nurses in North America (who all got multiple vaccines as a kid and had that checked prior to being accepted into medical school) quietly got covid vaccines - cause money talks.

Sure some quit instead.

But if they were in BC and kept seeing patients the link above seems to indicate the ones you’re talking about got vaxxed.

If you ask them about it I bet they’ll squirm.
    so while ski bro is pretty smart and usually up on it he just hasnt got all the info this time cuz he was busy skiing and its fallen off most people's radar

I got no idea ^^ which MD's were vaxed and in the small town a lot of BS floats around but as you point out we all got vaccines when we were 11 so I bookd the shot cuz you never know

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    We could all see this one coming. The fact that most people got vaccinated, and especially the elderly, led to many lives being saved and also got us to where we are now with--hopefully--the worst of the pandemic in the rear view. But instead of recognizing this the anti-vax crowd thinks the fact that cases are down and doctors are less adamant about Covid boosters shows the vaccinations weren't needed in the first place.
    I used to follow worldometer where america had put up some big death figures and so i havent forgot that

but if you think was all fake news it doesn matter
    Last edited by XXX-er; 04-10-2023 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    I haven't seen anybody in ER or clinic for probably a year who has had any significant pulmonary burden with covid, young or old, vaccinated/boosted or not. Interpret that however you want.
    so what about before " probably a year " how about 2 years ago, how about 3 years ago ?

I got no idea ^^ which MD's were vaxed and in the small town a lot of BS floats around but as you point out we all got vaccines when we were 11 so I bookd the shot cuz you never know
    My point is it appears you don’t have to guess which MDs and PTs got vaxxed and which ones didn’t - if they were seeing patients (in hospital or in their private physiotherapy clinic) they are vaxxed.

yeah I can see the edict so they should have been but I can't say for sure which of them were or were still seeing patients, I just don't know

so what about before " probably a year " how about 2 years ago, how about 3 years ago ?
    Shit stop hitting the fan in my clinical world (ER/ICU) about January 2022. Is that specific enough for you? Before that, working in a largely unvaccinated population, it was problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    The fact that Emergency Departments aren't spilling out in to waiting areas and parking lots, and morgues aren't so backed up they need refrigerator trucks outside proves the science is settled.. Or is it just a coincidence that these things trended down exactly as vaccine adoption trended up??
    Love it!

I just did Pfizer #6 !

Was at the Doc’s office for assorted old guy stuff, and the Nurse asked if I wanted another Covid Booster. I said sure.

Got the Pneumonia shot today at the same time. I’m up to date on my Tetnus and Shingles vaccinations, so I’m all caught up on vaccinations for now. I’ll get a Flu shot in the fall.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters