Page 1407 of 1838 FirstFirst ... 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 ... LastLast
Results 35,151 to 35,175 of 45938
    Your asparagus is wrapped there too, not sure I've ever seen that before. Around here it just comes in a bunch with a big rubber band around it

So everything is scannable

My dad gifted me an old chainsaw. Neat!

Can’t start it to save my life. IAS stops by to help look at it. Hypothesis that maybe it needs some carb work or something. Before getting into all that, though, he pulls on it a couple times and starts the fucking thing right up!

Cool. He leaves (after I shanghai him into helping me move a cast iron claw foot tub). I try to start it later that night. 40+ pulls. Nothing.
    focus.

People who complain about the arguing on the page for arguing about the location of upstate.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    So everything is scannable
    Seems like attaching a tag with the bar code on it would be easier (and less wasteful) than putting it on a styrofoam tray and covering it in shrink wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Seems like attaching a tag with the bar code on it would be easier (and less wasteful) than putting it on a styrofoam tray and covering it in shrink wrap.
    But the Styrofoam and plastic wrap are how you know it's organic and healthy for the environment!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Just wait until you find out it's not really organic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Just wait until you find out it's not really organic.
    What?! This is not authentic organic styrofoam? I demand to speak the manager
    skid luxury

The cardboard isn't really free range either. It's practically touching the next box!

Name:  il_570xN.2097703149_itd9.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  107.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The news last night was reporting 4" in Cedar City and 6" in Brianhead. Zion slots must have been absolutely insane.
    I was out on Lake Powell when when we had a downpour like that. Waterfalls everywhere!
    One of the coolest things I’ve ever seen, after I realized I had survived.

a tag is easier to swap with something else.

Hell yeah. Dining on asparagus at broccoli prices. Can it get any better?
    focus.

Tell that to the thugs in the apple tag mafia.
    I still call it The Jake.

Looks like a red delicious to me

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Hell yeah. Dining on asparagus at broccoli prices. Can it get any better?
    Come on, 4078, sweet yellow corn. Organic, add a 9 in front, so 94078.
    4060 broccoli
    4011 bananas
    4080 asparagus
    4889 cilantro

Wanting to be fast and efficient at the self-check-out has taught me things. But that's all I know, and I get totally bungled on bakery items. Wife used to be a cashier 20+ years ago and she still remembers most codes.

Anyway my point is that corn packaging above is fucked-up and should be illegal. Same as people who come along and put a bunch of bananas inside a plastic produce bag at the store. Like dumbass, bananas are literally already protected and attached to each other - they do not need a bag at all, and in fact putting them in a bag and taking them out again later is making more work for you. Same with your celery, it's got dirt at the bottom already, so you need to wash it no matter what. Bag not required!

If I were a cashier I'd remove bananas and celery from produce bags as they came along the conveyor belt.

Sorry if this was over-explaining. Just trying to cover my ass.

My dad gifted me an old chainsaw. Neat!

Can’t start it to save my life. IAS stops by to help look at it. Hypothesis that maybe it needs some carb work or something. Before getting into all that, though, he pulls on it a couple times and starts the fucking thing right up!

Cool. He leaves (after I shanghai him into helping me move a cast iron claw foot tub). I try to start it later that night. 40+ pulls. Nothing.
    Because IAS is a stud and you are not.

The saw story sounds kinds familiar.. I swear my wife can press buttons on electronics a dozen times with no result and I hit it once and it works.

I've tried explaining she just needs to give it a second and is probably immediately turning it back off, but have long since given up on that logic.

I think it's worth a call to IAS about how he primed / choked it. I bet you're missing some simple step.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Come on, 4078, sweet yellow corn. Organic, add a 9 in front, so 94078.
    4060 broccoli
    4011 bananas
    4080 asparagus
    4889 cilantro

Wanting to be fast and efficient at the self-check-out has taught me things. But that's all I know, and I get totally bungled on bakery items. Wife used to be a cashier 20+ years ago and she still remembers most codes.

Anyway my point is that corn packaging above is fucked-up and should be illegal. Same as people who come along and put a bunch of bananas inside a plastic produce bag at the store. Like dumbass, bananas are literally already protected and attached to each other - they do not need a bag at all, and in fact putting them in a bag and taking them out again later is making more work for you. Same with your celery, it's got dirt at the bottom already, so you need to wash it no matter what. Bag not required!

If I were a cashier I'd remove bananas and celery from produce bags as they came along the conveyor belt.

Sorry if this was over-explaining. Just trying to cover my ass.
    I don't bag bananas and I don't ever buy celery, but I think the reasoning for some people to bag everything is because kids in diapers make carts a shitty mess.

I'm just the messenger here, so whatever you are going to reply with: I already agree with.

Ewww. It hadn’t occurred to me that that upper shelf where I put my non bagged produce was likely the seat of a stinky diaper.
    . . .

I feel like things have gotten a little better in the last few years, but it seems like it used to be the default position for cashiers to bag every single purchase. You could buy a single package of batteries or something and they'd still put it in a big plastic bag without even asking.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Because IAS is a stud and you are not.
    Well, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    The saw story sounds kinds familiar.. I swear my wife can press buttons on electronics a dozen times with no result and I hit it once and it works.

I've tried explaining she just needs to give it a second and is probably immediately turning it back off, but have long since given up on that logic.

I think it's worth a call to IAS about how he primed / choked it. I bet you're missing some simple step.
    Oh. We had a good convo about that. He’s just a stud. And I’m not.

ETA: I should clarify….my first pull after he left I did get a sputter. My working hypothesis is that whatever magic fairydust warlockcraft he was working with had a residual effect.
    focus.

I feel like things have gotten a little better in the last few years, but it seems like it used to be the default position for cashiers to bag every single purchase. You could buy a single package of batteries or something and they'd still put it in a big plastic bag without even asking.
    People are robots nowadays also and can't think for themselves. I went to the bagel store yesterday and the total was $5.50. I gave her a 20 and a single and completely blew her mind. Handed back the single like i was the idiot and said it's only 5.50. Even if you're so clueless that you can't do it in your head, just enter $21 as received and the register will tell you. Another girl came over and tried to explain, but it was going nowhere.

Well, yeah.

Oh. We had a good convo about that. He’s just a stud. And I’m not.

ETA: I should clarify….my first pull after he left I did get a sputter. My working hypothesis is that whatever magic fairydust warlockcraft he was working with had a residual effect.
    Buy gas in a can for your chainsaw.
    It smells good for huffing. But it also works so much better than the ethanol crap.
    And a few tankfulls will clean your carb and jets.
    . . .

That was for the security people watching the cameras and doors. Bags are cheap loss prevention.

Is there a safety switch on it? My weed whacker has one and every now and then I forget to flip it to the "run" position before pulling the cord.