Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Parked next to Junior the last two days. Word is the Bird is done until more snow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7289.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	217109

Aaaaand snowbird closes. Nice gimmick #gameoff

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Aaaaand snowbird closes. Nice gimmick #gameoff

I got three days in, you? I got to talk to a lot of faces I hadn't seen since June, you? I got a kick ass foam finger, a game day tee shirt, and some bubbles, what'd Alta give out?

Mostly facetious.

Sorry guys for the bird closing, turns out I'm shit at making snow. Couldn't make enough to last a week

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I got three days in, you? I got to talk to a lot of faces I hadn't seen since June, you? I got a kick ass foam finger, a game day tee shirt, and some bubbles, what'd Alta give out?

Mostly facetious.
    Quality over quantity my man. And I see my ski crew folks all summer long. To each their own though, just think it's gimmicky is all.

T-shirts should've said #lameday

I fail to see it "gimmicky" that Snowbird did their best, opened up for three days and had to shut back down. I like to ski, any time the resort I give my money to allows me to do that I consider it a win. But, I'll keep eating those sour grapes.

Seriously dude, listen to yourself. "Snowbird shouldn't have opened, like Alta."

This is argument is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by straightlineorbust View Post
    This is argument is stupid.
    No argument. Bob and I know each other. It's more me ribbing him than anything. Snowbird saw the same weather reports we all did. They either should've made a better effort to stay operating or not pulled the trigger at all. Just my opinion. Did Brighton close? Hell brainhead opened today. Snowbird closes?? I think it looks bad and "gimmicky", again totally my opinion. If you enjoyed the time shirt, bubbles, and foam finger giveaways, along with a white ribbon of man-made snow cool.

I won't be at Altas opening day either (unless some unforseen 150" dump happens between now and Dec 1). Just not worth it to me. Like I said, to each their own. If skiing a strip of man-made qualifies as good skiing for you enjoy. It's not for me.

buddy you can jib at brighton all night long

If skiing a strip of man-made qualifies as good skiing for you enjoy. It's not for me.
    It has been fun to be back cruising around on skis. Even on the WROD. Conversating on chairlifts and skin tracks. I'll take it.

Bird WROD: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb7dPdRFFNm/

Canyons WROD still holding up:

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    It has been fun to be back cruising around on skis. Even on the WROD. Conversating on chairlifts and skin tracks. I'll take it.
    To be honest I can't wait for sure, but will wait.

After the +60 temps in PC over the weekend, I'm just happy to see some cold temps roll in today.

Rough start so far... but it'll come.

Anyone skinned up alta the last couple of days? Their webpage doesn't list any current uphill restrictions, but I just want to double check and make sure that is correct.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Orash111 View Post
    Anyone skinned up alta the last couple of days? Their webpage doesn't list any current uphill restrictions, but I just want to double check and make sure that is correct.

Thanks!
    Well over a week ago they had stopped all uphill..maybe that changed due to delayed opening. If website doesn't say I'd imagine it's good to go. They are in the office daily now so a call couldn't hurt.

I've been skinning around Alta the last few days...it is open to uphill traffic. The stuff they had groomed was fun spring slush on Sunday. Went out end of day today hoping a few inches had piled up at high elevation but it was just a half inch of dust on crust.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the beta! Decided to go for a hike up Ferguson canyon this morning instead. Got up to 9k. As expected, the last few hundred feet the snowpack felt crusted under the 2 inches of fresh and then real rotten underneath. Probably going to stay off any north faces for the first couple months this season. At least the flight down was money. Really hope we get a big dump sometime soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Furgeson Collage.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	217419  

This is so true even though I question why the mountain resort is currently open. Today I did five laps on the WROD Which had very questionable snow and very little vert. However I had conversations with ski bums, old folks from Aussieland and dentists from Colorado. All in all a great time. Tomorrow Kokopeli rules!.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post

This is getting a little depressing. Almost no snow so far, the Sunday/Monday storm looks like a dud, and a giant ridge is expected over the entire western half of the country for the next couple weeks. If the current forecast holds, we're looking at the lowest snowpack in at least the last 30 years according to today's Wasatch Weather Weenies post. It's still early though - it didn't snow at all last year until after Thanksgiving, and that turned out just fine.

This just sucks

At the risk of getting flamed, family and I are supposed to be at our place in Solitude for 12/16-12/21. I was calm all month until todays forecast. I guess the wildcard is this weekends storm, however, is it stupid to change our flights and head up to Jay Peak? 44" in November and a much more favorable pattern. We are season pass holders at Solitude so VT lift tickets would $$$$ but with the sunk cost at this point, what say the Wasatch peeps. Abandon Ship?
    Drive up to Grand Targhee?

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    At the risk of getting flamed, family and I are supposed to be at our place in Solitude for 12/16-12/21. I was calm all month until todays forecast. I guess the wildcard is this weekends storm, however, is it stupid to change our flights and head up to Jay Peak? 44" in November and a much more favorable pattern. We are season pass holders at Solitude so VT lift tickets would $$$$ but with the sunk cost at this point, what say the Wasatch peeps. Abandon Ship?
    Drive up to Grand Targhee?
    Even if this storm Sunday overproduces we still got a long way to go. Think we need at least 100" week and we ain't getting that before your trip.

If you can push the trip later I would. Looks like this Sunday did will not be a dud for the east coast. Might make sense to stay put. Hard call, but we are hurting here right now.

Even if this storm Sunday overproduces we still got a long way to go. Think we need at least 100" week and we ain't getting that before your trip.

If you can push the trip later I would. Looks like this Sunday did will not be a dud for the east coast. Might make sense to stay put. Hard call, but we are hurting here right now.

Pushing it out further is kind of not possible since I'll already be there January, February, March etc. Just trying to salvage the week since kids have off from school and I'm off as well. Oh well. I'll reassess in a day or two. Thanks for the on the ground intel.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Pushing it out further is kind of not possible since I'll already be there January, February, March etc. Just trying to salvage the week since kids have off from school and I'm off as well. Oh well. I'll reassess in a day or two. Thanks for the on the ground intel.
    If it were me I think I'd stay. Barring huge dump before Xmas it's going to be think anywhere without manmade blown snow. We got like nothing