• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 176 of 295 FirstFirst ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 7373
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    BS. As one salesman to another, your sales technique here reminds me of an evening 50 years ago that I spent being entertained by an encyclopedia salesman.

So I'll show you out.
    I do ok.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    So we're going to mandate that faith based places of education have armed guards?
    And acknowledge that thoughts and prayers just ain't cutting it?

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Then why didn't that work at Parkland?
    Why didn't the heavily armed police rush in to save people at Uvalde?
    Cowards? There is body cam footage out there of the Metro PD doing what Ulvalde should've.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    fify.

Point is, it's not reasonable to allow the current level of access to lethal toys.
    You’re right. I was sloppy with my thought.

What I should have articulated was that this veil of “being reasonable” in regards to perverse interpretation of the 2A, and access to weapons has led us to being ground into the dirt by the gun lobby, gun manufacturers, and pro perverse interpretation of the 2A politicians/supporters.

It IS time to get emotional and take drastic measures as they all have been completely irresponsible with their freedom.

Has anyone tried telling the dead kids' parents the police did a really good job?

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    It IS time to get emotional and take drastic measures as they all have been completely irresponsible with their freedom.
    How does a school shooting/suicide by cop equate to all gun owners being irresponsible? Your comments are unhinged and false. Hard to take anything you post seriously.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Cowards? There is body cam footage out there of the Metro PD doing what Ulvalde should've.
    And that's great, but I think history has shown that you can't count on either private security or the police to stand up to an active shooter.

If only there was something we could do...

How does a school shooting/suicide by cop equate to all gun owners being irresponsible? Your comments are unhinged and false. Hard to take anything you post seriously.
    Yet you still respond to me and Because any talk of gun control and you’re all “mew mew mew, my freedoms, wah wah wah” and nothing gets to change you fucking dunce.

School shootings are effective marketing for gun manufacturers since sales increase afterwards. More money for gun manufacturers, more money for the gun lobby, more money for the politicians who obstruct any solutions and/or pass ineffective measures to pacify some folks until the next massacre. All the while people like you cheer for this round and round we go in DC because you can’t feel safe with just a revolver or can’t hunt with just a bolt action, or can’t plink with a just a .22.

Go get high and pick your kids up from school, scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Folks in Colorados 5th congressional district should be working to unseat Doug Lamborn.
    Talk about tilting at windmills.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I don't care if he's a stand-up guy, he's a cunt. These stupid photos that rabid right-wingers love so much are fucking disgusting. It's also evidence of straight up grooming.

Everything is projection with these assholes.

That's my point - you're parroting expensive, unreliable solutions as compared to exploring other remedies. It's dumb. Look at the police behaving badly thread - police will consistently put their own lives first, even when not actually at threat, so placing all of your faith in a policy that relies on them always putting the kids first will fail very quickly, then we're stuck with an expensive staff problem that further siphons from stretched school budgets.
    Maybe lets try some other methods as this one is not working. The gun fetishism and power is a problem. Guns as a solution to things that aren't deer overpopulation or wars is a problem. The lack of registration or traceability around guns is a problem. Your solution solves none of these.
    As far as Cartels go - they get a lot of their guns from here as things are so lax.
    Example cite: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/5586129001/ (yes, I picked the most boring mainstream outlet)
    I can't wait to see how expediently Tennessee deals with this given their success at banning drag queens. I'm sure they'll do something useful any day now.

Because any talk of gun control and you’re all “mew mew mew, my freedoms, wah wah wah” and nothing gets to change you fucking dunce.
    Actually the ATF is worried about how long the barrel is on a rifle or shotgun, not mass shootings. I own class 3 rifles so an AWB wouldn't change my firearm ownership. I've already registered everything with the ATF, been through extensive background checks and take various firearm classes/training. I already do all the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    You keep your upstate out of my VT!!!!
    I meant it as a compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    That's my point - you're parroting expensive, unreliable solutions as compared to exploring other remedies. It's dumb. Look at the police behaving badly thread - police will consistently put their own lives first, even when not actually at threat, so placing all of your faith in a policy that relies on them always putting the kids first will fail very quickly, then we're stuck with an expensive staff problem that further siphons from stretched school budgets.
    Maybe lets try some other methods as this one is not working. The gun fetishism and power is a problem. Guns as a solution to things that aren't deer overpopulation or wars is a problem. The lack of registration or traceability around guns is a problem. Your solution solves none of these.
    As far as Cartels go - they get a lot of their guns from here as things are so lax.
    Example cite: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/5586129001/ (yes, I picked the most boring mainstream outlet)
    I can't wait to see how expediently Tennessee deals with this given their success at banning drag queens. I'm sure they'll do something useful any day now.
    A school that charges 20k per kid can afford a competent security guard. I imagine one will be hired if that school can come back from this.

Reminds me of a lyric. The song is not about gun violence but it’s kinda like well maybe it is

“Gonna have to bury your friends

Then you’ll find it gets worse”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Security Guard = 4 dead adults instead of 3.

"We won't rest until all schools, churches, downtowns, malls, squares, fairs, office buildings, post offices, parking lots are fortresses with armed protection. It's the only sensible solution."

Other hot take:

"The police did a great job after just a few kids and people were killed"

Interesting flex.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    When Oxy and Fent are killing people in the streets we go after the manufacturers, distributors, and sellers. Why are guns different?
    Yeah no. You watch to much tv.

Actually the ATF is worried about how long the barrel is on a rifle or shotgun, not mass shootings. I own class 3 rifles so an AWB wouldn't change my firearm ownership. I've already registered everything with the ATF, been through extensive background checks and take various firearm classes/training. I already do all the stuff.
    I don’t care. You’re still an irresponsible gun owner as shown and admitted multiple times in this thread (thought you got rid of the class 3s b/c it’s illegal to consume and possess cannabis and own class 3s. Curious) and your own thread (rolling around town with an unsecured, loaded weapon under the seat [while high too])

Go dab and get a track day in endangering those around you, fucking pud.

Cue the "punch him in the face" online threats from McPhee. What a clown.
    ^we only have so much patience. And we’ve been more than reasonable to allow for their preferences of unfettered access, for all, to all guns for….reasons. Off with their heads at this point.
    So. Can we punch them in the face after we cut off the heads?

There's a lot of misdirection and lack of facts in here being brought by the "pro gun" crowd. Mexico's problem (90%) with guns does not come from their buying weapons from Afganistan. They get them here from over the border. Canada's gun problem (85%) is the same, they come from the USA. Guns used in crimes in England and France, etc, are also from... you guessed it.

Pro-gun may as well be synonymous with pro-death and pro-crime. but it's wild the way we are fucking up other countries as well as killing our own citizens with them every day.

That stat about guns alone stealing 2 years of life expectancy yesterday was awful.

I believe Scotty pointed out that 2F&F was an Obama program and therefore his fault, but the program was inherited from Bush who also killed opened up the rules at the same time. However although it is pretty easy to point a finger at the Republicans it is all of our failing to come with any ways to stem the tide of weapons, and only by shining a light on this problem with facts and not useless tangents can we make progress.

- why did it not happen in the past? (it did)
    - it is cause of trans kids or anti-deperessents (ok, once?)
    - the school didn't have security / locked doors / metal detectors whatever (sure, but those things have not helped in the past)

i don't think THIS shooter was interested in the next softest target as they went there and could have simply planned harder. The problem is clear as day, it is access to guns that fucks us all.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    So. Can we punch them in the face after we cut off the heads?
    Fucking punt them over your roof for all I care

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Security Guard = 4 dead adults instead of 3.
    Because the trans chick is better with a gun than a professional? That's a stretch...

Cue the "punch him in the face" online threats from McPhee. What a clown.
    Fucking punt them over your roof for all I care
    Honestly. Once you cut off a head it should be put on a pike. Or fencepost.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Guns used in crimes in England......The problem is clear as day, it is access to guns that fucks us all.
    ^ This

There were 35 homicides committed by shooting in England & Wales (population 59m) in the year ending March 2021.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........